Registered
27,280 Posts
What a jinx by Eve

Ajde.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What happened to Tommy? The scoring site I looked at just said "Retired".

·
Registered
371 Posts
back injury apparently

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just when he was starting to find some form, Tommy Haas has been hit with another injury setback.

A back injury suffered while trying to loosen up before Saturday's semifinals of the $125,000 Dallas Tennis Classic prompted Haas, formerly ranked as high as No. 2 in the world, to withdraw from the tournament and send Canadian qualifier Frank Dancevic straight into Sunday's 1 p.m. final.

"Right before the match my back locked up extremely badly," Haas told the crowd after trying to get through pre-match warmups with Dancevic and quickly deciding that playing on would be futile.

"It's too painful to play," Haas continued, clearly exasperated by the sudden turn of events that forced him to default the match. "So sorry I can't play this match unfortunately. It's (been) a good week, but -- the injuries are part of my career, I guess, so this is just another nice little thing I can add onto my list."

·
Registered
371 Posts
as sad as it is, it is hard to deny that he is pretty much done with tennis. His body just can't handle even a couple of matches in row anymore :awww:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts