Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No thread? :unsure:

Good win Jürgen :yeah:

Vesely next. Jürgen is a good returner, so that could be a great match :)

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Much better from João. Best match of clay season from him, hitting much deeper than all of his clay matches this season. He had a SP in the 1st, so this could be a straight set win. Shame he lost. He fought a lot in the 3rd, but Jurgen prevailed. If he keeps rasing his level could win a match or 2 in RG, depending of course on his draw.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I watched this match and third set few times Joao caught behind back and looked bad, I hope that he hasn't some serious injury. :sadface:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Melzer seems more motivated than he was for example last year, seems like the injury break has done something positive for him. I expect him to do well in Düsseldorf.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Much better from João. Best match of clay season from him, hitting much deeper than all of his clay matches this season. He had a SP in the 1st, so this could be a straight set win. Shame he lost. He fought a lot in the 3rd, but Jurgen prevailed. If he keeps rasing his level could win a match or 2 in RG, depending of course on his draw.
If Sousa played well this is a good win for Melzer, happy he's having a good comeback so far

·
Registered
537 Posts
I was courtside yesterday watching the match. Sousa is really making it difficult to cheer for him as he is complaining way too much - about opponents winners, spectators, ditches in the court, balls that drift off on the clay. Just play tennis dude and don't get carried away so easily.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
If Sousa played well this is a good win for Melzer, happy he's having a good comeback so far
He was nowhere near his top form, but comparing to his last terrible match, yes this is a huge improvement. Win could have gone to either players. It was small details who made the difference. Sousa defintetly could have won the 1st. Maybe I say this as a fan, but he really should have after wasting so many BPs at 5-5 and the that SP at 6-5 in the TB.

Melzer was also mixing some good and terrible tennis. But he played some of the best tennus in the most important points, which it was what gave him the win.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts