Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nordicbet offers bets on Tour of Denmark. (both stage bets and on GC)

Race will start on 1st day of the new month. :)

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Kreuziger to beat Uran looks good. I think it will all come down to the time trial and Kreuziger is the better time trialist.
Uran had to retire from the Brixia Tour less than a week ago because of a heavy fall. He had pains in his ribs and had breathing problems.

First I need to find the stage profiles though to get a detailed view of the Tour.

Will be a small play when I decide to play it.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Kreuziger to beat Uran looks good. I think it will all come down to the time trial and Kreuziger is the better time trialist.
Uran had to retire from the Brixia Tour less than a week ago because of a heavy fall. He had pains in his ribs and had breathing problems.

First I need to find the stage profiles though to get a detailed view of the Tour.

Will be a small play when I decide to play it.
Uran doesn't even start, probably a bit too injured.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Hmm, I thought every stage in Denmark was pretty much flat but if my information is correct, it looks like it's a pretty difficult stage tomorrow. They finish the stage with a couple of local laps which include some pretty nasty hills. The finish seems to be slightly uphill on this road:

Nordicbet has Nibali lined up against some young Danish rider I don't know anything about so it's a bit dangerous, but with Nibali's qualities in mind I'm willing to take it. If he does well tomorrow he has actually a pretty decent shot to win the Tour in the ITT on Saturday.

Nibali to beat Fuglsang @ 1.85 (Nordicbet)

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Going to play one in the San Sebastian classic tomorrow:

Samuel Sanchez to beat Cunego @ 1.75 (Centrebet)

Cunego has just started racing again and is preparing for some important races late September and October. Lampre's team manager doesn't even mention him when he talks about the chances of his team:

Italian formation Lampre-Fondital will head to Clásica San Sebastián with Alessandro Ballan, Fabio Baldato, Paolo Bossoni, Marzio Bruseghin, Damiano Cunego, Marco Marzano, Paolo Tiralongo and Patxi Vila.

"In the team there will be riders from Tour de France and others that took part in Brixia Tour," Directeur Sportif Fabrizio Bontempi explained. "San Sebastián is a kind of race that could end with a sprint of 30 to 40 riders, and in this case we have good chances with fast athletes such as Ballan and Baldato.

"If there will be a tougher race, Bruseghin and Vila could realize a good performance using the condition obtained in Tour de France. For Cunego it will be a good opportunity in order to improve his fitness."

B

·
0 Posts
GL Straby :yeah:

I may have a ping at the San Sebastian classic, given how disappointing Valverde was during the tour this should be wide open.

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Podium finish in the San Sebastion

Valverde @ $2.65 - He had a poor tour and he will bounce back. He should show his stuff on the Cat 1 climb then outsprint the ones who make it up there with him.

Valverde to win @ $8

Di Luca to also podium @ $4

Good luck!

B

·
0 Posts
Only taking H2h's:

Rebellin to beat Valverde - $1.80

Killer Di Luca to beat Ricco - $1.80

gl

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
We'll get them back next week bg, when the Deutschland Tour starts. Bolar's favorite race I guess.
Some killer stages in it, should be a lot better than last week's crap.

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Podium finish in the San Sebastion

Valverde @ $2.65 - He had a poor tour and he will bounce back. He should show his stuff on the Cat 1 climb then outsprint the ones who make it up there with him.

Valverde to win @ $8

Di Luca to also podium @ $4

Good luck!

WIN X LOSS X LOSS

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
It's a shame that I'm not allowed to bet on Bet365, because Van Huffel to beat Löwik is pounding material of the highest order. :lol:

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Deutschland Tour General Classification:

Gerdemann to beat Bruseghin @ 1.85 (Nordicbet)

This one caught my eye even before reading any comments from their teammanagers. Mainly because Bruseghin has been racing in so many races since May it is almost untrue. From memory he has been to the Giro, Tour de Suisse, TdF, San Sebastian and now Germany. Give the guy a break! :eek:
His peak form was definitely in the Giro in May.

Gerdemann has surprised me several times during the Tour and he showed that his condition after 3 weeks of racing was still pretty good by grabbing a 14th place in the last time trial.

The T-Mobile teammanger says that Gerdemann will lead the team in Germany, with the likes of Guerini and Pinotti in support. Given this is his "home race", motivation should not be a problem.

Lampre's teammanager on the other hand says they will be going for a stage win. They've got Napolitano for the sprints and a Marzano, Possoni and Tiralongo for the tough stages. Surprisingly, he doesn't mention Bruseghin and Cunego (not a really big surprise because he still gaining condition for late September/early October), a sign that the teammanager doesn't expect great things from Bruseghin.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Team T-Mobile to beat Team Discovery @ 1.65 (Unibet) big play

Highest finishing rider for each team counts, stage 1.

Most likely a mass sprint with Ciolek and Greipel as the 2 sprinters for T-Mobile. Discovery don't have any real sprinters in their team.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I'm close to upgrading this to a massive play, but that line movement is making me a bit cautious. Either I am clueless or the public are clueless (most likely the latter :lol: ).

1 - 20 of 41 Posts