Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Dolgopolov
2. F. Mayer

They are not top players but I find their playing styles highly entertaining. Are there any other players who also have an interesting playing style?:)

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
By interesting do you just mean weird, or weird and good?

Because Tomic's game is certainly weird.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
depends on what's interesting/entertaining to YOU. I like players that can send absolute bullets like Delpo/Soderling/Berdych/Tsonga and a few others. To me a perfect fh/bh down the line at around 150kmh is more "wow!" than a slice or dropshot

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Taylor Dent probably has the most interesting game i have ever seen, slice on both BH and FH side with the unexpected acceleration, lot of net approches and the big serve.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Dolgo, Funky Flo, Junqueira (challenger player with amusing game to watch), Petzschner

Reactions: Ivanatis

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Dolgo and Mayer are two players I like because of their unusual styles, as evident by my signature. I feel like Petzschner also has an interesting style with all of that slicing from the backhand side. Mannarino is also unique because of the extremely short swing he uses and contrastingly Soderling is unique because of his long swing.

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
Steppa, Mayer, The Dog, Petzch, Melzer and now Young and Tomic are all well worth the ticket price pre match as they've all been able to develop their own unique brand of tennis and make it work at tour level... a few times a year mug flu sweeps thru the locker room and cuts down a few of these guys considerably lowering the ticket value post match...

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
I'm not sure how unorthodox Gasquet is, but his game certainly isn't common and he's a lot of fun to watch when he's playing well.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
I'm not sure how unorthodox Gasquet is, but his game certainly isn't common and he's a lot of fun to watch when he's playing well.
What part of Drugsquet's game do you like the most? The serve or the forehand?

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
He isn't unorthodox at all.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Use to be by far Sebastien Grosjean but now there's simply none. Dolgopolov is pretty fun to watch I suppose but his performance has been terrible of late.

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
Mahut is entertaining to watch. So is Stepanek.

3,728 Posts
i remember a long time ago there used to be this style where players would serve great serves and then madly dash to the net- and hit a shot no one hits (with any degree of skill) anymore- i think it was called a volley

wow- those days were crazy- like the wild west or something. no one plays like that anymore

1 - 20 of 22 Posts