Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Do you think if they had more medium-fast and fast courts that Rogie would win more masters events and grand slams (i.e. AO, W, and USO)??

·
Banned
9,595 Posts
Do you think if they had more medium-fast and fast courts that Rogie would win more masters events and grand slams (i.e. AO, W, and USO)??
Federer was already quoted as saying that Cincy was too fast and that the slower conditions at USO would be better for him and would make for better quality tennis.

“I like playing here. I think the court speed’s good for me. I’m happy in this country. I’m happy in New York,” Federer said.

“I think coming to New York, I think you get a better feel [compared to Cincinnati]. The balls are easier to control. The surface is a touch slower. So I think as an overall theme, maybe we will see better tennis here in New York."

·
Registered
600 Posts
Federer was already quoted as saying that Cincy was too fast and that the slower conditions at USO would be better for him and would make for better quality tennis.

“I like playing here. I think the court speed’s good for me. I’m happy in this country. I’m happy in New York,” Federer said.

“I think coming to New York, I think you get a better feel [compared to Cincinnati]. The balls are easier to control. The surface is a touch slower. So I think as an overall theme, maybe we will see better tennis here in New York."
Given how successful he has been at Cincinnati this comment surprises me. Was that quote this year ? Perhaps he is making excuses to deflect from the lopsided result in the final.

·
Registered
81 Posts
So CPI is an indicator of just the court surface speed? It eliminates the effects of other factors that affect game speed like ball used, racket types etc?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts