Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“This year, our coverage of the French Open is bigger and better than ever: we have over 400 hours of broadcast and up to 15 courts available live on the Eurosport Player, offering an extensive viewer experience to tennis fans,” continued Hutton.

Last year it was only 7 courts.
In 2015 GS coverage is really good. AO had stream for all courts and it's practically same for RG.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Wow, that's basically all courts, or not?

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
It's Wimby and US turn now to stream all the courts.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
So basically milking money from tv rights because people think drama is just around the corner because Nadal playes poorly.

Whatever. Nadal is going to win every match until he met Djokovic, on that match, well, anything can and will happen.
If for whatever reason Djokovic lose before that, Nadal is 100% winner.Period.

Everybody else will just choke away win . B05 for Nadal? More then enough for him to win even being behind 6:0 ; 6:0 , 5:0 to win in the end.

And Im not praising Nadal here, mugs tend to mugger around.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
So basically milking money from tv rights because people think drama is just around the corner because Nadal playes poorly.

Whatever. Nadal is going to win every match until he met Djokovic, on that match, well, anything can and will happen.

Everybody else will just choke away win . B05 for Nadal? More then enough for him to win even being behind 6:0 ; 6:0 , 5:0 to win in the end.

How is this relevant to people being able to choose any match they want to watch? :confused:

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Indeed, way off-topic, I shouldn't even have answered.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Eurosport finally getting the new scheme of things, internet services are very profitable, so they've brought the best two marketing moves possible. First hiring McEnroe and Evert (you can turn them off on Eurosport Player) and now all courts on there as well.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
How is this relevant to people being able to choose any match they want to watch? :confused:
Non. That one is just a rare benign side effect. We might enjoy it.

But the reason is always money on others misfortune. Like that overused media hype because of Nadal.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Sure just sign up for Bet365 and you can watch any match that is streamed

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
In the US, ESPN3 showed streamed 12 courts, I think, at the Australian Open, but I went to their site today and it said only 7 streamed courts would be be broadcase via ESPN3 at the French Open. That is disappointing.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
In the US, ESPN3 streamed 12 courts, I think, at the Australian Open, but I went to their site today and it said only 7 courts would be streamed at the French Open. That's disappointing.
Yeah but the AO is the best streaming GS even had Qualies on Youtube.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Yeah well over here we've got ITV4 and their one match system.*

*We do have the eurosport option too.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Non. That one is just a rare benign side effect. We might enjoy it.

But the reason is always money on others misfortune. Like that overused media hype because of Nadal.
What a bizarre post. :eek:

It's your choice to use this service or not, nobody forces you to watch anything you don't want to :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts

I don't get your point. Nadal and Djokovic will always play on main court anyway and they have always been televised in my lifetime.
This increased coverage doesn't affect the "big guys", but is important for us who are interested in a first round match on court127 between 2 qualifiers... :lol:

·
Registered
3,640 Posts

Could it be ,,, just barely that Nadal and RG have planned this all along - to create the drama as people were losing interest in RG.

Oh God please that be true ... and we see Nadal slaying his opponents one after on his way to Greatest Sporting Achievement of All TIME !! (GSAAT for short)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts