Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Seems like opposite of what happened at AO w/ new greenset slowing down previous conditions but then again the easiest surface to make alterations r on HCs 😉

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm afraid of Shapovalov, ppl! :oops:

God, make Struff - Goffin/Coric stop him somehow before he faces Novak. That would be bloody clash..

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
The surface indeed seems pretty fast, certainly faster than the last 10 or so USO's, and for the first time in many years its faster than the surface in AO.
I actually think it might benefit djokovic, but we will see.

·
Registered
900 Posts
The surface indeed seems pretty fast, certainly faster than the last 10 or so USO's, and for the first time in many years its faster than the surface in AO.
You are right, the only two plsyers who can beat him on fast surfaces are Roger and Andy. One is missing here and the other is only just returning to competitive tennis after a long time.

Don't think Thiem will fare well here.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Sports journalists and USO staff emphasise stuff that should be the most normal thing in tennis 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
61,258 Posts
Really doubt that's coincidental with Nadal not playing. TDs don't care about helping Djokovic, especially post covid stuff.

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
There is absolutely no way that this is faster than AO 2017, possibly even 2018..

I agree with you that this should favors Djokovic, bounce seems pretty low too.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
There is absolutely no way that this is faster than AO 2017, possibly even 2018..

I agree with you that this should favors Djokovic, bounce seems pretty low too.
I was talking about this years AO edition.

·
Your visions will happen
51,334 Posts
Courts do seem faster but it can be many things

Centre Courts usually play slower though, we all know that so let's wait till we see Ashe surface speed

1 - 20 of 70 Posts