Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 704 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
What is court 4 and why does it only have one/two (usually interesting) match/es that starts at 4pm? Wish this court was being televised.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Re: Court 4

I think that's the 'Davis Cup court', the court where the US Davis Cup members get to practise. So they'll probably don't put to many matches there, so that the team can practise whenever they want. :)

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts

JustmeUK said:
What is court 4 and why does it only have one/two (usually interesting) match/es that starts at 4pm? Wish this court was being televised.
A couple of reasons:

1) Several match courts (4, 5, 12, 16) are left open either all day or most of the day so that they can be used as additional practice courts (& also in case of rain backing up the schedule).

2) Instead of scheduling a fourth match in Arthur Ashe during the day schedule & run the risk of backing up the evening matches (in case of long matches or rain), a match is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. on Court 4 which is near the stadium & has more seating than most of the outside courts. If the three day matches in AA are of an average length, it empties out around 4:00 p.m. & Court 4 is nearby as an option for people who are looking for another match to watch & don't want to wait to get into the other outer courts that are already underway.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

well that's fine but if it's one of the bigger arenas then they should very well televise it.

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts

JustmeUK said:
well that's fine but if it's one of the bigger arenas then they should very well televise it.
It isn't a "bigger arena." It's still an outer court even if it's closer to Arthur Ashe than some other outer courts.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Court Phillipe Chatrier much faster than Suzanne lenglen?

Thats what mats Wilander said. Thats really strange. You cant have one court thats all mainly cement with clay sprinkled over it and the other is mainly clay if u dig down a bit. Its onky suzanne lengle. The rest of the courts are just like Phillipe Chatrier. Whats also annoying is that Phillipe Chatrier is way smaller around the court which gives players little space to play defensivley when theyre pushed back behind the baseline. How come they havent taken this seriously?

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Re: Court Phillipe Chatrier much faster than Suzanne lenglen?

Wilander...pass that shit over here man.

Same clay.
Same conditions.

Well expect it may play faster when Nadal hitting is hitting the ball at you.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts

Wilander...pass that shit over here man.

Same clay.
Same conditions.

Well expect it may play faster when Nadal hitting is hitting the ball at you.
Well I suppose a tennis legend who's played there for about thousand times knows better than a youngster from the glorious tennis nation Ireland. :rolleyes:

Reactions: t0x

·
Registered
1,619 Posts

God knows why...

But lots of players seem to mention it.

Of course we're not talking about a huge difference anyway

·
Registered
13,139 Posts

Well I guess a tennis legend who's played there for about thousand times knows more than a youngster from the glorious tennis nation Ireland. :rolleyes:
Wilander likes to talk and say silly shit. What do you want me to say? Do I need track down all his dumb quotes for you?

1- My age doesn't matter.
2- Ireland is the shit mate.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts

God knows why...

But lots of players seem to mention it.

Of course we're not talking about a huge difference anyway
I guess you're right. Otherwise there should've been more of a fuzz about it.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts

I guess you're right. Otherwise there should've been more of a fuzz about it.
Oh wow, you are 5 years older than me....lol

·
Registered
1,619 Posts

I like Wilander, dont like his oppinions and anaylsis to much though but this is a fact i guess. And we all know Lenglen is much bigger than chatrier. Nadal almost sliced a linesman today!

·
Registered
5,712 Posts

Lots of players have mentioned this, and though it's not like Hamburg and Rome, it seems to be different enough to be pretty annoying.

·
Registered
19,954 Posts

I think that Nadal mentioned it in his current Roland Garros blog when he had to play there. Carlos Moya warned him about the slower conditions over at Lenglen. Moya had a couple of tough matches on that court.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts

Oh I guess he's offended the powerful Brits, am I right? Wilander is a top ten tennis player of all times, he's also a great analysist and speak his mind, ie he's not afraid to say what he truly believs. Sure I don't agree with him every time, but stop speaking :bs: when you clearly know nothing about tennis.
I forgot I didn't know anything about tennis. All these years I have played, watched, studied and written about it. Didn't you say Koyla would have eaten Rafa for breakfast today? :eek:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts

I forgot I didn't know anything about tennis. All these years I have played, watched, studied and written about it. Didn't you say Koyla would have eaten Rafa for breakfast today? :eek:
So you "studied" tennis? Does that come with a degree?

·
Registered
3,166 Posts

In dog years you would be a greybeard.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts

So you "studied" tennis? Does that comes with a degree?
Well actually, yes you become a certified USPTA instructor.

1 - 20 of 704 Posts