Mens Tennis Forums banner

?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time, it happend in Melbourne, AO 12, where Novak played vs Andy, and Nadal vs. Federer.

I for one, love it when this happens, these champions dominated respectively the sport of tennis for such a long time. And I respect them all. Hope it happens again!

What do you think?

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Would be good for the game... but Murray could potentially be knocked out any match and I wouldn't be surprised if Fed was upset too. I don't think we'll get it this tournament.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Its likely to have big 3 on SF, I wouldnt be too sure for Andy..

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
Sadly Nadal won't make it

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Murray probably won´t make it, but it would be nice, i mean people used to be angry about them playing all the time SF-QF at each slam, Masters and now we are in era that we are saying could take make it? before it was who could stop them?:D

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
well..nadal will get there , there's really no one in his way.

djokovic had to deal with tsonga in the 4th round but jo hasnt beaten him in forever and it would take a truly monumental ask for tsonga to pull off a win here.Then he'll probably have raonic in the QF ..I dont see milos beating him here in best of 5. its tougher for him but he should make the semis

murray's biggest obstacles are kohlschreiber, fognini and monfils. not as easy as it lok. kohli and fognini both took out murray on clay before easily and monfils has had his best results at a slam here. i could see him losing to one of them

federer could have to deal with gulbis in the 4th round and he could certainly lose that. berdych has had his number lately and IF he gets there he could take fed out in the QF

i predict we'll have djokovic and nadal v.s 2 other guys but not murray and federer

·
Registered
51 Posts
It could happen.

Nadal and Djokovic should get there, obviously, even though Novak has a pretty tough couple of matches coming up and Rafa has to go through Ferrer, but you'd expect him to win that 99% of the time.

Federer may be prone to lapses nowadays but I don't see anyone in his section of the draw who's that likely to take him out. Berdych could if he plays at his best but I'm not convinced he'll make the quarter-finals.

Murray is the biggest question mark, but given that this is a Grand Slam, he doesn't really have any excuse to lose to a Fognini or a Monfils even if it is on his weakest surface, they are two very tough prospective opponents though.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we get Nadal/Murray and Federer/Djokovic in the semi finals, to be honest.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Haha that last picture, they all look half asleep.

Anyway, I'm not sure. Andy is always vulnerable on clay and there are a few dangerous players in the bottom half. If Jo plays well he could trouble Novak or Roger. We shall see. With Nadal's draw it's pretty NID he gets to the semis.

·
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
11,399 Posts
It could happen.

Nadal and Djokovic should get there, obviously, even though Novak has a pretty tough couple of matches coming up and Rafa has to go through Ferrer, but you'd expect him to win that 99% of the time.

Federer may be prone to lapses nowadays but I don't see anyone in his section of the draw who's that likely to take him out. Berdych could if he plays at his best but I'm not convinced he'll make the quarter-finals.

Murray is the biggest question mark, but given that this is a Grand Slam, he doesn't really have any excuse to lose to a Fognini or a Monfils even if it is on his weakest surface, they are two very tough prospective opponents though.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we get Nadal/Murray and Federer/Djokovic in the semi finals, to be honest.
Pretty much this.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Haha that last picture, they all look half asleep.

Anyway, I'm not sure. Andy is always vulnerable on clay and there are a few dangerous players in the bottom half. If Jo plays well he could trouble Novak or Roger. We shall see. With Nadal's draw it's pretty NID he gets to the semis.
Fognini is not consistent, he could play the match of his life or clown big time and get bageled.. you never know with this strange tennis character... and Monfils? even with all the public on his favour I simply cannot see him beating Murray this year.

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Hopefully. It's been too long. In my eyes they are still the 4 best players in the world and tennis was in a much better place when the big 4 were the top 4.

I think Djokovic and Nadal are safe bets to get there. Murray should and probably will get there but I could see Federer losing before then to Berdych or someone.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hopefully. It's been too long. In my eyes they are still the 4 best players in the world and tennis was in a much better place when the big 4 were the top 4.

I think Djokovic and Nadal are safe bets to get there. Murray should and probably will get there but I could see Federer losing before then to Berdych or someone.
Missed those days badly. :sad:

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Djokovic might be the only one of the four to be in the last eight. Federer and Nadal are in bad form and Murray's clay game might not stand up. Novak to roll in the final.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts