Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It can happen, if Stan is on form and has the will to win he has proven that he can bang with the rest of them. It would be a repeat of last years US Open Semi Final. Novak seems to have a lot of trouble in the slams against Wawrinka, all of their last three hard court slams meetings have gone to five sets and Novak leads the H2H in slams 3 - 1 against Stan. How do you see this potential matchup going down?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
No, it's gonna be the classic routine. Nadal vs Djokovic, and guess who will win..

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
It can happen, if Stan is on form and has the will to win he has proven that he can bang with the rest of them. It would be a repeat of last years US Open Semi Final. Novak seems to have a lot of trouble in the slams against Wawrinka, all of their last three hard court slams meetings have gone to five sets and Novak leads the H2H in slams 3 - 1 against Stan. How do you see this potential matchup going down?
Since 2012 they played four times at HC slams, (2 USO and 2 AO) always before the finals, because of being drawn in the same half, quarter or 1/8.

I guess uncle Tony would prefer Roger to Stan in the SF if they are no 3 and 4, or even better, both of them on Novak side if no3 and 5, no !?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
No, it's gonna be the classic routine. Nadal vs Djokovic, and guess who will win..
Nadal in a slam final if he is all there isn't losing. Djokovic will not beat Nadal in a best of five slam. It's not happening for at least two more years. Now when they're both on. It's a virtual auto run to the final. So Nadal will have his eleventh slam winning year next year.

Forget the FO Djokovic might win it when Nadal retires. So long as he is staring at Nadal in Paris. He is going to be runner up again and again. Even on the hard courts. At worst the spoils will be shared. Like one for you and one for me. This is how Nadal goes from 14--17 MINUMUM in the next three years.

And fed groupies have to seek therapy to deal with the taking down of their idol. By 2016 when Nadals in decline. Djokovic might get a look in. But he will also be on the way down and the new guys will be ready to pounce and take over. By then Federer will have five sets of twins and can set up a special training academy so the fruits of his loins can dominate both the mens and women's game between 2030--2045.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Nadal in a slam final if he is all there isn't losing. Djokovic will not beat Nadal in a best of five slam. It's not happening for at least two more years. Now when they're both on. It's a virtual auto run to the final. So Nadal will have his eleventh slam winning year next year.

Forget the FO Djokovic might win it when Nadal retires. So long as he is staring at Nadal in Paris. He is going to be runner up again and again. Even on the hard courts. At worst the spoils will be shared. Like one for you and one for me. This is how Nadal goes from 14--17 MINUMUM in the next three years.

And fed groupies have to seek therapy to deal with the taking down of their idol. By 2016 when Nadals in decline. Djokovic might get a look in. But he will also be on the way down and the new guys will be ready to pounce and take over. By then Federer will have five sets of twins and can set up a special training academy so the fruits of his loins can dominate both the mens and women's game between 2030--2045.
NID, but of course 'Fedtards' are to blame for starting another tard war.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
It could happen, but I don't think it will. I don't really trust in Wawrinka's consistency anymore, and if he runs into Federer along the way he is in trouble. Djokovic vs. Nadal is certainly the most probable final.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

:spit: nadal fans deluded as f***. Dull has won one slam outside of rg in 3 years and has never defend a title off clay now all of a sudden he's going to defend his USO title?

·
Registered
3,059 Posts

Another Epic doubleaccount by Nadalbrokenrecord.At least he changed his flag.What a moron

·
23,063 Posts
Of course due to liking Stan I would like this match. :lol: Objectively speaking, their past 3 Slam matches have been very entertaining, and a real show between an aggressive shot maker and a reliable defender (but not a pusher), and would be a very good end IMO of a tournament if both bring their usual game against each other. Not only that, both would be fighting for their 2nd Slam title of the year, 2nd USO for Djokovic, and 1st for Stan.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
We could, we won't

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Two best HC players in the game right now, so we'll see Eggwrinka at the USO.

Even if it were a SF, it'd be the true final.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Very well could if the draw makes it possible. Nadal has not been convincing at all this year outside of RG he's still the 2nd best player in the world and of course could win the thing but I don't think it is close to NID. I think Wawrinka is the 3rd most likely to win, so why not?

·
Registered
14,493 Posts
Nadal has been on hard courts inconsistent and sloppy this year so far, bring it on the NA HC swing and he will not do really better.
So it is a wishful thinking again that he could reach the final easily.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts