Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rafa could also be a legend on doubles besides being a legend on singles. Do you think he could win grand-slam doubles?

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
No.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Rafa wouldn't play doubles...not after complaining about an overpacked schedule.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
wouldn't have won today had it not been for Lopez

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
:haha:

·
Your visions will happen
48,541 Posts
Rafa will turn into a S/V player by the end of his career.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Why not? If he still wants to play tennis once he's done with singles then he should. But I think the days of Rafter/Edberg/McEnroe types are over.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
When I saw the thread title I thought it may be about the possibility of Nadal playing until he was 40 years old :lol:

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
Why not? If he still wants to play tennis once he's done with singles then he should. But I think the days of Rafter/Edberg/McEnroe types are over.
it's because today's tennis more harming and schedule is more harder on players. they are already dealing with too much physical pressure with only singles matches. but especially nadal and federer would be great doubles players. murray not bad. djokovic :eek:

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts
Rafa could also be a legend on doubles besides being a legend on singles. Do you think he could win grand-slam doubles?
I think he should try it. Why not? He already has a career grand slam and an Olympic gold; it's not like his career is incomplete. He's good enough to win, especially at RG. I say go for it. :yeah:

·
Registered
528 Posts
I do think its pretty cool that the two best singles players of this past decade were also amongst the best doubles players. Rafa and Fed are just murderous in doubles, and can easily challenge the best (eg the Bryan Brothers) with a little practise.

This is quite unlike Pete and Andre, who really looked at doubles as if it was second class.

Here's to hoping that the next generation follows in their footsteps.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Navratilovia's Singles titles (167) is more than J. McEnroe's Singles (77) + Mens' Doubles titles (71) = totally 148 (Most ATP Singles + Doubles titles).

Navratilovia's Singles GS titles (18) is more than J. McEnroe's Singles GS (7) + Mens' Doubles GS titles (9) = totally 16

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts
If he does that, then he can kiss singles goodbye and I don't believe he's ready for that.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts