Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering... maybe he'll be unstoppable at the French, if he beats Rafa in the final imo the DQ will be nothing else than a negative distant memory.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
He tweeted yesterday that he's thinking about clay already. This DQ will end up being the best thing that could have happened since it will mean he exchanged a USO for a FO. DCGS is way more important than another USO. Also, it means he prevented Nadal from adding to his total. Nadal is his biggest threat to finish with the most slams (not Federer).

·
Registered
644 Posts
think having the (limited capacity) crowd there will also help him get over USO. There's nothing like playing in front of a crowd

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
He tweeted yesterday that he's thinking about clay already. This DQ will end up being the best thing that could have happened since it will mean he exchanged a USO for a FO. DCGS is way more important than another USO. Also, it means he prevented Nadal from adding to his total. Nadal is his biggest threat to finish with the most slams (not Federer).

·
Registered
127 Posts
He has no chance at FO, even if Nadal pulled out, he's probably not even top 10 in clay rankings atm. He fluked one FO by beating clayray.

In goat clay rankings since 00 he is also barley top 10, I'd say he's equal to Soderling and behind JCF.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Clay is way different from hc. Djoko likes hc better. On clay I easy see Domi (Thiem) beats him. Why? Bc the power and spinn. Nadal and Thiem has that enormous wrist action. And some more guys too. Djoko doesn't.
He relys on another kind of technique. But we will see. But Clay is about endurance and patience. Djoko is too temperamental for it is my call on it. Hopefully he recovers from this US though. This was a huge hit on his confidence. And saying no intention doesn't work. You always hit with some intention. 🙄🎶🙏🙋

·
Registered
44 Posts
He has no chance at FO, even if Nadal pulled out, he's probably not even top 10 in clay rankings atm. He fluked one FO by beating clayray.

In goat clay rankings since 00 he is also barley top 10, I'd say he's equal to Soderling and behind JCF.
Please tell us who are your top 10 in clay rankings atm.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

LOL 😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
193 Posts
It will motivate him to win Roland Garros, but assuming Nadal plays ...how practical is it that Nadal loses at Roland Garros???...

Reactions: MWW

·
Banned
3,263 Posts
There you are, I’ve missed hearing from you 😊

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
Assuming Nadal meets Novak at RG, I see a similar result as their 2015 encounter. Novak has a really big mental advantage over Nadal right now, and given Novak's form, I don't see any way Nadal can win against Novak.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
Another really important factor is that the FO will be played in October this time, not June. It will be much colder. The balls will not bounce nearly as high, either. This will all favor Novak.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
NadaI is stiII the favorite & since it's Novak’s Ieast successfuI major, draws wiII b key but getting the DQ combined w/ Thiem wearing himseIf out just might turn out to b his best chance for another FO. Following the USO debacle & being the last official GS of the year, he could b much more motivated to prove himself than in past years heading into RG.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
NadaI is stiII the favorite & since it's Novak’s Ieast successfuI major, draws wiII b key but getting the DQ combined w/ Thiem wearing himseIf out just might turn out to b his best chance for another FO.
What's with this Thiem overrating? Novak's last meeting with Thiem at RG was decided by like one point late in the 5th set. And that match was played in the worst possible conditions Novak could have played in (worst wind). Novak wouldn't have lost that had it not been windy.

·
justice for all
16,833 Posts
With his style play he’s too old for clay now. First difficult match and he’s cooked. He doesn’t have the stamina, spin and power to go toe to toe with younger players. Should he reach the SF Dominator will destroy him this time in 3 easy sets. But I really doubt he’ll go that far. His chances at RG were low before now they are even lower. Marginal. He wasn’t even able to win an exho on his own court in Serbia. Give me a break. His fans saying DQ will give him extra motivation are delusional. It doesn’t work this way. Pressure is now much higher. He’ll make QF or SF if he’s lucky.
And if he draws Karatsev or Alcaraz he’ll bomb out in the 1st round.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nadal isn't a threat to Novak anymore. Not when Novak is peaking like he is now.
On all surfaces except clay...

·
Registered
44 Posts
With his style play he’s too old for clay now. First difficult match and he’s cooked. He doesn’t have the stamina, spin and power to go toe to toe with younger players. Should he reach the SF Dominator will destroy him this time in 3 easy sets. But I really doubt he’ll go that far. His chances at RG were low before now they are even lower. Marginal. He wasn’t even able to win an exho on his own court in Serbia. Give me a break. His fans saying DQ will give him extra motivation are delusional. It doesn’t work this way. Pressure is now much higher. He’ll make QF or SF if he’s lucky.
And if he draws Karatsev or Alcaraz he’ll bomb out in the 1st round.
How about if Thiem is in Nadal's half? Then who can stop Djokovic to at least make the final?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts