Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have seen it time and time again, he seems exhausted, only to come back in a flurry and destroy his opponent.

2011 US OPEN final was a good example, in that tie breaker, after that third set he looked done for.

Then he demolished Nadal in the 4th set and won.

Similar thing with Ferrerr last night in the AO Quarter Final.

Do you think maybe he sometimes exagerates how tired he is to perhaps make his opponent feel as though hes hurt or injured and sometimes that puts your opponent in two minds? Hes genious if he does.

I dunno, in the past, when Nole was done for, he was done for. 2010 US Final, 2010 French Open etc. Once he was exhausted he would capitulate. Nowadays he seems to get a second wind.

What do you think? I definately think he is very tired sometimes, but I think he might exaggerate it a tad.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
He has simply stronger mind-selfbelieve or call it how you want simply even tired Nole is dangerous force, because he can make some good games, broke you and win match, before when he was tired he was done, wasn´t fighting and believing in himself that much.

·
Premium Member
21,525 Posts
Lol, you're reading too much into this. Nole said he couldn't breathe well enough, and during the match you could've seen him blowing his nose repeatedly during breaks. That coupled with a lot of 20+ shots rallies and no wonder he looked exhausted.

It's Ferrer's fault he blew that tiebreak, and when he was two sets down, no wonder he kinda gave up = easy third set.

·
Registered
9,321 Posts
OP is right. Djoko cobbled together this new tactic while being bombarded by cosmic rays in his eggpod. Cheeky bastard.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
obviously yes

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
Sampras did it many times; exhausted between points and fully energetic in the point.

·
Premium Member
21,525 Posts
Sampras did it many times; exhausted between points and fully energetic in the point.
Monfils is the king of that I think. At some point you are getting up from the chair, because you're 100% sure he's going to retire in a minute, only to see him getting a break back and running like possessed :lol:

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Half of it is unintentional.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it though? When im playing sport, even if im tired, I make my best effort to not breathe heavilly, breathe through my nose, not let any of my opponents know if im tired.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I think the match against Ferrer was exhausting. I was tired after watching the first 3 games! But these days Novak doesn't give up to exhaustion and gets a second wind. That's the difference between Nole now and the 2009 Nole.

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
I don't know but watching Novak matches makes me vomit. Psychosomatic I guess.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
oh yes for sure. I think he does it frequently. it could be possible it's just sort of natural for him because he always got so tired pre-gluten free magic.

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
:eek: Are you sure you didn't miss "want to"?.. I mean, otherwise the last season must have been full of awful experiences for you :hug:
Not that much, I don't watch him at all. His game is awful to watch anyway. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts