Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The word has it he could be banned from the most important tournament of his home-country, next week, after threatening the umpire in his R1 match against Dolgopolov in Madrid.

After the Monte Carlo debacle, this would be completely deserved. The dude needs to take a chill pill and be less of a clown.

Discuss.

Edit: it's just speculation and commentators' talk, so nothing was done (or not) yet. But this topic can still be discussed.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Re: Fognini banned from playing in Rome?

By 'word has it' do you mean the post-match ramblings of a few commentators?

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

By 'word has it' do you mean the post-match ramblings of a few commentators?
Pure speculation, maybe, but that could be a great way to punish him. We can also discuss what would be the right sentence for this kind of behaviour.
It's not an informative thread. (Not yet)

·
Registered
67,452 Posts

really? i dont think that will happen...

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts

"The word has it"? This isn't even a rumour at this point, AFAIK, it's just a few people (including a couple of commies) saying it should happen.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts

"The word has it"? This isn't even a rumour at this point, AFAIK, it's just a few people (including a couple of commies) saying it should happen.
I don't think it's wise for Americans to use words like that given your country's dark history on this subject. ;)

As for Fognini, if he threatened the umpire, he should receive a short ban.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts

I don't think it's wise for Americans to use words like that given your country's dark history on this subject. ;)

As for Fognini, if he threatened the umpire, he should receive a short ban.
Commies = commentators. Just like when I talk about a TB I don't mean tuberculosis. ;)

But I'll write it out from now on if it makes you happier.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

Pillow talk "word has it" is not official

·
Registered
240 Posts
The word has it he could be banned from the most important tournament of his home-country, next week, after threatening the umpire in his R1 match against Dolgopolov in Madrid.

After the Monte Carlo debacle, this would be completely deserved. The dude needs to take a chill pill and be less of a clown.

Discuss.

Edit: it's just speculation and commentators' talk, so nothing was done (or not) yet. But this topic can still be discussed.

No wonder Rafa Cheatal is good friends with him.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Since when was commies not a commonly used term on MTF?

I doubt Lahyani will make a complaint, if that's how it works.. Otherwise the Fog prob faces a fine and a slap on the wrist for his bullying ways.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Ahah do you really think he could be banned from playing in Rome?

It's Italy bro.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Video of incident?
I don't know if video exists yet, but here are a couple of screencaps, both via @TennisTV:

(during one of his confrontations with Mohamed Lahyani)

(after the match, telling Mo "I want to see you now. Don't be scared.")

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Fabio :facepalm:

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Does that count as a threat? I don't think Mo shit his pants...
I imagine Mo just laughed. He knows what Fabio's like. (Everyone knows what Fabio's like.) That doesn't make Fabio's shenanigans okay, of course.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts