Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I highly doubt it myself , but Federer can surely only go so far unless the top guys go out early or an easy draw favours him, so I’d say 8 is his maximum maybe 9. Djokovic is already on 4 and I think he’s a certainty to get it this year which would give Djokovic 5. I can definitely see him winning it a few more times afterwards too. As much as Federers grass game is beautiful and to me he is the greatest irrespective of numbers and gs wins, Djokovic actually leads Federer 2-1 on Grass.....so he’s greater on grass than most credit him for.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Wut?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I highly doubt it myself , but Federer can surely only go so far unless the top guys go out early or an easy draw favours him, so I’d say 8 is his maximum maybe 9. Djokovic is already on 4 and I think he’s a certainty to get it this year which would give Djokovic 5. I can definitely see him winning it a few more times afterwards too. As much as Federers grass game is beautiful and to me he is the greatest irrespective of numbers and gs wins, Djokovic actually leads Federer 2-1 on Grass.....so he’s greater on grass than most credit him for.
Can entropy decrease in a closed system? (For those interested, yes it can, but the probability of it happening is practically zero)

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Let's face it - the only reason he hasnt achieved it yet is because he didnt feel like it.

The sky is (not) limit.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Djokovic win more Wimbledon titles than Rogie? No way... More AOs when it's said and done yes, already there, more FOs are likely too, possibly even more USOs, but definitely NOT more Wimbledon titles!!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
So basically he wins 5 in a row while aged 32-36 when he won 4 in his whole career so far? lmao

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
A better question would be:

Which is more difficult:
- Winning six slams in a row (combining NCGS and CGS)
- or winning five Wimbledons in a row...

...after the age of 30?

Please note: this is an entirely rhetorical question.

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hate to admit this but I have insider info that Djokovic is playing until he is 45, he has over a decade to get 5, with this current gen of players it’s easy to get 5

·
Registered
104 Posts
He can become the third greatest of all time on grass if he dominates Wimbledon for a few more years. However Federer will remain the GOAT of grass, that's his safest record. Almost all other Federer records are within reach of Djokovic but really this one isn't. Even catching Sampras would be quite an achievement and I don't think it will happen.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
He’d have to win five more times, and they’d certainly all have to be in a row. So, from 2019 until 2023? He’ll be 36 in 2023. Djokovic isn’t Federer. His longevity isn’t going to be like his. There is no way he ends up winning six Wimbledons in a row. No way.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
There's plenty of interesting ATP events before the next GS (FO) for sure: Acapulco/Dubai, Indian Wells, Miami, Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, etc...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts