Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic has had a very impressive start to his career. Now I'm not sure how much gas he has left in his tank but already in his career he has shown he has a good mind in the important situations and knows how to handle the pressure. We all know Ancic seems to have some problems in tight situations. Maybe Djokovic has an upset in him here?
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,507 Posts
He can do it and they have trained together during the week as well, so it's not like they don't know each other's game, Djokovic is a chance, but I think Ancic will get through.
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,507 Posts
mitalidas said:
Depends on whether he'll repeat two bathroom breaks, two injury timeouts plus another timeout, and break Mancic's rhythm
Still got to put the ball in play and win points or has that been forgotten as a fundamental to winning matches.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
IMO there's not much of a difference between their games. I will say Ancic only because Djokovic doesn't yet have the physical stamina to support all his talents on court. Also i don't think Ancic wants to lose to a guy so junior to him so he will be 100% present .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,048 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
Still got to put the ball in play and win points or has that been forgotten as a fundamental to winning matches.
If the match is close as it was in his last one, the few points where the momentum switches is what will be fundamental
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,591 Posts
I think tahr he can't beat Mario Ancic... He played a match in 5 long sets while mario won in 3 straight sets so maybe he will be tired... and Mario has more experience... but all is possible djokovic is a great player..
Goiod luck Mario!!!
 

·
F***ing have it
Joined
·
17,627 Posts
Ancic has to practice his acting skills :tape:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
584 Posts
He better not after the show he put on yesterday...It was dispicable..."Time-outs" are not a part of tennis...Or has he been watching other sports?
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,507 Posts
mitalidas said:
If the match is close as it was in his last one, the few points where the momentum switches is what will be fundamental
No amount of shenanigans, can make a player miss the ball.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,048 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
No amount of shenanigans, can make a player miss the ball.
You've never heard of gamesmanship playing a role in match outcomes? Well I have and I think it can play a role in getting into the opponent's head. Whether it should or not is a separate manner
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
mitalidas said:
Depends on whether he'll repeat two bathroom breaks, two injury timeouts plus another timeout, and break Mancic's rhythm
I for one would rather see him taking all those timeouts and play instead of defaulting like he did at French open. The kid is obviously struggling to play in heat and you are speaking as though his opponent is the only one who is bothered. Am i wrong if i think that Monfils too was getting enough rest during the timeouts in what has been a 4-hour long match in humid conditions. IMO there were only two ways out there for djoko either take a break or retire and from a fan's perspective i think he choose the right one.
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,507 Posts
mitalidas said:
You've never heard of gamesmanship playing a role in match outcomes? Well I have and I think it can play a role in getting into the opponent's head. Whether it should or not is a separate manner
You must not be familiar with my view on this subject, cause if so, then you wouldn't have made such a point. Considering I have had a long clear stance about the issues concerning time outs and other forms of gamesmanship.

No matter how shit it is and do I really need to give examples, liking serving for matches and calling the trainer for cramps etc etc, the thing is the other player still at the end has to concentrate on hitting the yellow round thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,048 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
You must not be familiar with my view on this subject, cause if so, then you wouldn't have made such a point. Considering I have had a long clear stance about the issues concerning time outs and other forms of gamesmanship.

No matter how shit it is and do I really need to give examples, liking serving for matches and calling the trainer for cramps etc etc, the thing is the other player still at the end has to concentrate on hitting the yellow round thing.
Like I said: whether it should get into the opponent's head or not is not the matter, the fact is that often or maybe sometimes, it does. Knowing this, players can use that for gamesmanship. It is well within their rights. Yesterday may not be a case in point. Still, 4-all, deuce, in the 5th is a strategic point.

I am not familiar with your view on this but it definitely reignited the debate during his two+ injury timeouts between the commentators courier mac and mcatee-- the cramps were loss of conditioning. others - some wta player- and llodra defaulted when that happened
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,507 Posts
mitalidas said:
Like I said: whether it should get into the opponent's head or not is not the matter, the fact is that often or maybe sometimes, it does. Knowing this, players can use that for gamesmanship. It is well within their rights. Yesterday may not be a case in point. Still, 4-all, deuce, in the 5th is a strategic point.
Yes, there is a very simple way of fixing this problem, but until then it's the game organisers with the problem.

I am not familiar with your view on this but it definitely reignited the debate during his two+ injury timeouts between the commentators courier mac and mcatee-- the cramps were loss of conditioning. others - some wta player- and llodra defaulted when that happened
Well I don't need to repeat it as it has been said so many times, it's not a debate. Cramping is not an injury pure and simple. Yes, there were very tough conditions yesterday and Llodra had heatstroke, Murray had to spew, Djokovic has a breathing problem which would be accentuated in these conditions, Hanescu had to default and???

It's not the point the game is on the court and that's where it has to be won or lost.
 

·
Miss Fabray
Joined
·
55,507 Posts
Of course he can but Mario should win the match ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,068 Posts
Fergie said:
Of course he can but Mario should win the match ;)
i agree :) good luck to Mario!!! :woohoo:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,233 Posts
Dzokovic has a chanve because Mario will be under pressure to beat the Serbian, as can be seen when Serbia and Croatia play the Croats always struggle, they feel they have to beat us but usually end up losing evey single match, shocking but true!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,068 Posts
Herceg Novi said:
Dzokovic has a chanve because Mario will be under pressure to beat the Serbian, as can be seen when Serbia and Croatia play the Croats always struggle, they feel they have to beat us but usually end up losing evey single match, shocking but true!
hi! :wavey: it's off the topic but, i would like to know what's the name of the place that you have in you're avy?
 
1 - 20 of 180 Posts
Top