Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Surprised tha Viktor lost set to some mug here, who knows if he would win if not rain break - which lasted hours. Also Viktor won 3 matches just to qualify to main draw in small challenger 44k EUR prize money.... this is pathetic, i mean that guy just last week won 2 matches at 250 level event, why they didn´t give him WC to main draw? I hope he wins this challenger, would be good for his confidence and also at least some points to ranking

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
Viktor started well, but lost some focus when he was serving for the 1st, nevertheless, I don't think he was in danger here, before the rain delay he was in a decent position with 2-1* 40-40 and most like would've won anyway. Hanescu is going to be tough, but he's probably going to play better than today.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Before being banned, Viktor was not well known for his ability of staying focused and was sometimes able of choking...

I hope this ban gives him a strong will of revenge in order to change that state of mind, but I am not sure people can change that easy.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
The bottom half of his tournament :lol:

#2 and #3 seeds Bolelli and Gojowczyk withdrew, so the only seeds are Volandri and Ungur, who are fairly awful recently. In the mean time you have R1 matches between Gimeno-Traver and Coric plus Troicki and Hanescu in the top half :haha:

Ramirez-Hidalgo - Starace, though :drool:

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
Vik's worst match since coming back by far, should have been a walking by here vs. unknown #673, instead he has a chance to serve out the 1st set at 5-4 but doesn't do it, then plays a fairly close TB to pull it out, in the second with the Italian serving at 5-3, the game is very long with BP's and SP's all over the place until finally Omar takes it, Vik was being too passive, making too many errors.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
The top half is loaded and the bottom half is laughable. :lol:

Beating Hanescu on clay will not be easy for Viktor.

If he loses tomorrow, he'll get 5 ranking points for his torubles in Cortina. But that represents about 30 ranking spots: up to 595!

Baby steps, Viktor, baby steps...

And who knows... he may beat Hanescu. :D

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
The top half is loaded and the bottom half is laughable. :lol:

Beating Hanescu on clay will not be easy for Viktor.

If he loses tomorrow, he'll get 5 ranking points for his torubles in Cortina. But that represents about 30 ranking spots: up to 595!

Baby steps, Viktor, baby steps...

And who knows... he may beat Hanescu. :D
More importantly right now he will have played 4 matches this week.

Will have to play a lot better vs. Hanescu.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts