Mens Tennis Forums banner

901 - 920 of 1253 Posts

·
Registered
5,869 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
We already are. Unless you are on your death bed, you are basically not getting treated at any hospital, clinic or facility.

Hopefully we can slow the spread of everything and give a little relief to healthcare workers.
I'm really hoping you can somehow reach a turnaround. Looks like the States have to act on their own, since Trump is ready to sacrifice thousands of people to get the economy going again.

But the numbers really look devastating. Soon the US will be on top of all countries with confirmed cases. Its really hard to believe that such a rich, far developed country can fuck up a worldwide crisis like this. Things really went fundamentally wrong in many ways.

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
Only that most of the people who take part in a cruise trip are old fuckers. The real mortality rate is probably below 1 %.

The problem is, it gets higher when the hospitals reach their patient limit. The US is in for some really, really tough weeks.
Yeah, needs to be factored in.

·
Registered
97,179 Posts
ok experts tell me

I think I'm feeling generally better (higher attention span, no chest pressing while in bed or sitting / long term resting) but second day in a row I'm suffocating near fainting while making dinner. Not just standing over the pan, which would be maybe understood, but even while peeling potatoes, so it probably has something to do with effort and / or stress (I'm ok when I'm slowly walking around the house or to the garden).

It takes some (longer) time, breathing exercises and fresh air afterwards to get back to normal.

I know this type of feeling because when I was in my teens / early 20s I had huge troubles fainting due to very low blood pressure and pulse, I've often heard I should be dead (my mom had the same when she was young because she was born with some rare heart condition, reportedly I don't have it, but still...). It's always been some sort of problem, sometimes during weather changes, storms, heat, steam, effort, but already for a few good years not to the level that would make me surprised or overly worried.

I think this shit generally messes up with people's blood pressure because those with high pressure are at high risk group, but maybe low blood pressure people also experience some inconvenience, just like during heats or storms.

Anyone sick here experienced it? If yes, how long does this shit last?

@IBM @Sara X @scarecrows

·
Ace Loveforty
83,390 Posts
1. Let him cook
2. Low blood pressure can cause tiredness, fainting etc as you well know, even more when you have fever, flu or other condition. The good thing is that you're improving so it's all in the right track. From what I read they are giving a lot of importance to the self care like breathing exercises and hygene of airways to prevent the virus causing pneumonia

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Will this end up most viewed thread ever?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
US numbers escalating by the minute. They have the most confirmed cases now and overtook China and Italy, with no sign of slowing down.

It will be very, very ugly in the coming weeks. We will witness for the first time what it means if we let the exponential growth just happen without a lockdown.

Stay home, people. Dont be fools.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
. From what I read they are giving a lot of importance to the self care like breathing exercises and hygene of airways to prevent the virus causing pneumonia
Could you assist in where to find tutorial or other useful info on that?

·
Registered
97,179 Posts
yes I am generally trying to do that, these are absolute must-do when you have corona

it took me 2,5-3 hours of breathing exercise and fresh air supply today to feel better after cooking, doh :eek: finally i can breathe deeper, although i'm still kinda panicked and not fully calm, but yeah right now i feel it's mostly panic, so i'll prob watch some netflix

kinda weird this heavy breathing problem shows up now when all the other symptoms start to retreat

if this continues in the next 1-2 days i'll try to call some med service, though it's very hard to get connected on the phone and they'll probably tell me to sit at home anyway because they take only the worst cases to the hospital. and i'm not ethnic Norwegian and not socially useful so tough luck :D

scarecrows is a doctor, you can ask him all the questions :D

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Hmmmm so in Slovakia we closed borders very early and look at how low the numbers are, also for neighbours Ukraine and Hungary.... dunno wtf happened Czech though.

Then here in Ireland we have over 1000 and flights still in and out.

Some people are so stubborn

·
|
14,079 Posts
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has regrets-
“If you rethought that or had time to analyze that public health strategy, I don't know that you would say quarantine everyone,”
“I don't even know that that was the best public health policy. Young people then quarantined with older people was probably not the best public health strategy because the younger people could have been exposing the older people to an infection.“

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has regrets-
“If you rethought that or had time to analyze that public health strategy, I don't know that you would say quarantine everyone,”
“I don't even know that that was the best public health policy. Young people then quarantined with older people was probably not the best public health strategy because the younger people could have been exposing the older people to an infection.“
I hate to see whats happening to my fav country :(

Are u american ye? Or aus?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Shit's just getting real here, and there is huge chance that the regular infirmaries will be closed and we'll be in standby. But I am positively surprised how serious the people took this, the majority are afraid as they should be and are taking recommendations seriously.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,390 Posts

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
901 - 920 of 1253 Posts