Mens Tennis Forums banner

681 - 700 of 1253 Posts

·
Registered
21,321 Posts
No big difference in the level of healthcare, German numbers are BS. If the deceased had heart problems, diabetes, high collesterol, whatever... don't count as a CV19 death.
Source?

Germany has the highest number of intensive care beds per head of the population in Europe, but that doesn't explain everything

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Source?

Germany has the highest number of intensive care beds per head of the population in Europe, but that doesn't explain everything
They only have 180 infected who recovered, compare that number to France, Spain or even Italy.. Where are the people going?

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
The situation seems to be worsening really fast in US. Their cases have skyrocketed the last few days.
Number of cases statistics has a very unclear meaning at this point.
If anything it could be a reflection of skyrocketing testing in the country. State of NY, for instance, planned to increase testing 7- fold this week. If anything, this actually could be good news, indicating that the system finally is getting going.
If they increase testing 100 times and catch 20 times more cases than before, that'd be fantastic news.

·
RAVE ON
18,242 Posts
The situation seems to be worsening really fast in US. Their cases have skyrocketed the last few days.
During his presidency Trump shut down any preparation for a pandemic– in spite of warnings.
today at the press conference a reporter asked him if he had any message for -ripple who are scared. He lost control and attacked the reporter for scaremongering and being part of the media that has caused all the problems.
Since Trump thinks only of himself, being asked, in his role of the President of the US, if he had a message for scared citizens, was for him the height of rudeness and irrelevance. What does he care about America citizens that are scared? Zilch! So why ask Such a nasty question.
Every day, watching the agonized faces of the real experts standing beside him, is to despair.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,390 Posts
here it looks a calm before the storm situation
not many cases in the last few days
although there are only 70 cases you can see a mobilisation from the government to open as many hospital beds as possible as they know the number will multiply in the nexyt days. Many nurses from other clinics are being trained to treat Covid patients.
From tomorrow at 1pm to monday 5AM noone, except health workers, will be allowed to move on the streets

·
Registered
21,321 Posts
They only have 180 infected who recovered, compare that number to France, Spain or even Italy.. Where are the people going?
Here we only have two recovered on almost 3000 cases :p
During his presidency Trump shut down any preparation for a pandemic– in spite of warnings.
today at the press conference a reporter asked him if he had any message for -ripple who are scared. He lost control and attacked the reporter for scaremongering and being part of the media that has caused all the problems.
Since Trump thinks only of himself, being asked, in his role of the President of the US, if he had a message for scared citizens, was for him the height of rudeness and irrelevance. What does he care about America citizens that are scared? Zilch! So why ask Such a nasty question.
Every day, watching the agonized faces of the real experts standing beside him, is to despair.
Did you see yesterday's press conference? There was this lady from the 'One America News Network' who was so clownesque in her over the top support for Trump it looked like a plant

·
Super Moderator
8,070 Posts
We are testing quite a lot of folks and many people of them do have Corona but just show little symptoms

·
Super Moderator
8,070 Posts
I am sorry, I am not following this thread closely, is anyone of our members positive, or someone close to you? I have managed to exit Serbia 3 hours before borders were closed, because I had to go back to work.
Well, I think I admit that I’ve been tested as I’ve mentioned a few days ago and received the result just a week ago. Corona positive. As I didn’t show severe [sic!] symptoms, they told me to isolate myself at home. I didn’t want to reveal it, but I guess it’s good for other people to know how this shit works.

I can say it’s an awful disease. I got this probably at a party I’ve attended like three weeks ago, where I didn’t know there would have been people from Italy too and that those were probably infected.

Could be also that we have a minor outbreak here in my town where my uni is. We don’t know, but all I know is this is really tiring.

The first four days after I got this confirmation I felt like: ok, this seems like a harmless cold. But from Tuesday on I have quite a bad cough and went to hospital on Thursday again, when I couldn’t breathe normally anymore. Got immediate help and after like three hours we’ve done a lung ct and got the results today. They’re not in best of health and it ought to be observed the next days, but thankfully no inflammation and there is not one expected.

You feel awfully exhausted tho and just want to sleep whole day long. The fact that you pretty much have to isolate yourself, can’t even have normal contact to my brothers or my mom the floors below me and just have to live like an orthodox monk in my attic flat is really challenging. By now we think that all of my family somehow has it, but their cases are all asymptomatic thankfully. I was once again the lucky one with a mild one.

The cough is unbearable dry and the meds I got in case I feel short of breath are some heavy stuff, but apart from that one single moment back then I’m feeling ok, just like battered tho. Docs told me to rest in my bed for at least three weeks and I’ve just passed the first one.

To think that I am a mild case with my now 25 years and I feel like I got three flus in one (ofc I had influenza just a month ago, so I could compare them by my own), I’m thankful that it is controllable. I’ve seen just the past two days how long I had to wait cause how many sick people got delivered at my local hospital, this is only getting more and more serious and we’re just here at the start in Germany.

Hence I ask you folks to just stay at home. Most of the people won’t even realise they have corona, but there are others who will suffer mild symptoms like me and others with severe ones and sadly about to die. So therefore I just can tell you: AVOID CONTACT. This is not like your regular flu, we haven’t been exposed by this yet. Just stay at home or do sports when you’re alone in the middle of nowhere.

As for me my only medicine for now is sleep, distraction, self care and chat with the few ones I love to gain me energy through these difficult times. Anyone can catch that and be come a serious case. So don’t underestimate it, don’t expose yourself with it; try to avoid social gatherings by any means and realise how much responsibility everyone on here in fact has. Only together we will get through this.

·
Registered
21,321 Posts
Sorry to hear that, IBM, take care!

·
Registered
14,888 Posts
@IBM , stay strong.

And to think there are still some people who doubt about how dangerous this virus is... I hope your post will be a wake-up call for the ones here who still do.

·
Registered
14,888 Posts
The common flu kills way more each year, don't sweat too much about this.

I know, it can spread crazily, but I don't think it will. It's being handled pretty well by health authorities all over the world, generally.
I regret this post so much, especially after all the lies (some still on-going, like the said "uselesness of masks", just to cover up the fact that we don't have enough of those) and minimisation of the Health authorities all over Europe 1-2 months ago (some countries 1 week ago). I didn't know better but I am terrified at how things changed. The present isn't great at all, but the future (even after the virus is virtually eradicated) will be bleak. I don't know how all the people of this planet will deal with the aftermath, but as seen in all of History, not well I reckon. Humanity needed a massive wake-up call, this is the one that needs to shake things up.

681 - 700 of 1253 Posts