Mens Tennis Forums banner
6101 - 6120 of 6212 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

They said the vaccine was the key to end this hell. Now they're blaming vaccinated people for social mixing and claiming the vaccine isn't even 50% effective (which is surely a rosy estimate/best case scenario). When the fuck are people going to admit we were lied to ?

·
RAVE ON
20,325 Posts
@buddyholly Does your church give religious exemptions to covaxx mandates?
The church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster by divine right has its own ex cathedra mandate and insists on an injection of marinara sauce at weekly intervals.
No proof of marinara sauce in your arm, no admission to the Olive Garden.
Pesto booster shots are coming soon.
And there is talk of a meatball pill that will prevent going past the al dente stage.

·
Premium Member
The best is yet to come
31,267 Posts
i just read that also Slovakia has decided a lockdown for unvaccinated.
a lockdown for everybody apparently isn't possible legally!
well,
but i still don't like this measure. it is hard to control and therefore either won't be very effective or requires a lot of control which is expensive (and yeah looks like in a sci-fi movie and seems more cynical than even i would go).

personally i would have preferred a more medical way: lockdown for everybody now. also vac mandates now, but by priority (so healthy antivaxxer clowns in their 20s will have to wait).
justification (attempt): the older people who need a booster shot are in danger too, currently. lockdown for vaccinated is legal as the vaccination is mandatory anyway. makes sense, no? :geek:
Personally I would have preferred as such a person as you would be confined to house arrest at least for 300 days and you would be allowed to leave your house only by special mayor exempt.
How would that sound? Obviously joking, but you cannot underestimate the effect of this pandemic on certain individuals, can you?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Good morning, Mr. Spin Doctor.

My argument is if you do jack shit for decades for public health, don't come out with draconian measures and put blame on the people when shit hits the fan without even admitting healthcare and societal issues that play a huge part in this pandemic.
So the government fucked up in the past so it should continue to fuck up? Sounds an awful lot like whataboutism.

Let's imagine that COVID-19 affected everyone equally. Would you still be against all of these measures?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
So the government fucked up in the past so it should continue to fuck up? Sounds an awful lot like whataboutism.

Let's imagine that COVID-19 affected everyone equally. Would you still be against all of these measures?
You're correct. Fucked up in the past and fucks it up now with useless measures.

Yes, I would. Because they're useless.

EDIT: I'd definitely think about schools and kidergartens more in that case, but not going to do that now. It's pointless.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
You're correct. Fucked up in the past and fucks it up now with useless measures.

Yes, I would. Because they're useless.

EDIT: I'd definitely think about schools and kidergartens more in that case, but going to do that now. It's pointless.
So your argument isn't really that it's unfair but that you think the measures are useless. Got it.

The evidence overwhelmingly support that the measures aren't useless. Unless you listen to pseudo science and shitty data analysis of course.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
So your argument isn't really that it's unfair but that you think the measures are useless. Got it.

The evidence overwhelmingly support that the measures aren't useless. Unless you listen to pseudo science and shitty data analysis of course.
Yeah yeah..sure thing, buddy. Heard that before.

They're also unjust. Forgot to add. Obviously, if a person chooses to impose those measures on oneself, that's fair game.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,664 Posts

Data on adverse events is vital for effective decision-making by regulators, policy makers, doctors, and patients. But there are serious concerns about publication bias or selective omission of data, whereby adverse events are less likely to be published than positive results. A systematic review in PLOS journal analysed 28 studies and found that adverse events were less likely to appear in published journal articles than unpublished studies (e.g. industry-held data). Experts now suggest that the pivotal Covid-19 vaccine trials may have beenunder-reported adverse events in several ways. In the Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccine trials, participants were given digital apps to record adverse events remotely – a more convenient, time efficient and cost-effective way of gathering patient data.
A major problem however, is that the pre-determined options on the digital apps have a narrow focus on particular adverse events. For example, the app only allows a participant to record what the company deems as ‘expected’ events such as fever, pain at injection site, temperature, redness, swelling, fatigue, headache, diarrhoea, chills, muscle and joint pain. But if they experience a serious adverse event like myocarditis or early signs of transverse myelitis, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, a myopathic disorder, myocarditis or thrombosis, there is no option for them to record it on the app.
Case in point: Brianne Dressen, a participant in the AstraZeneca (AZD1222) trial. She suffered a severe adverse event after her first injection and became disabled. But her smartphone app did not allow her to record the particular type of adverse event, nor did it allow her to record her symptoms in her own words.

Once hospitalised, Ms Dressen was ‘unblinded’ from the trial. She was informed that she had been given the AstraZeneca vaccine, not the placebo, and advised not to have the second injection. The investigators subsequently “withdrew” Ms Dressen from the trial, they disabled her smartphone app, and all her data from that day onwards, were never documented despite still experiencing disability today. Ms Dressen was concerned about the lack of reporting of her adverse event (and others) in the trial’s publication in the top-tiered New England Journal of Medicine. She wrote to the journal’s editor-in-chief Dr Eric Rubin, seeking to “request inaccuracies in the trial publication be corrected, and to demand complete reporting of the trial publication and results.” Dr Rubin refused to correct the inaccurate data in his journal. The full email exchange has been made public.

Polling:

Old people less likely to have severe or moderate adverse reactions, this matches my experience.

This one is hilarious:

·
Premium Member
The best is yet to come
31,267 Posts

Evidence overwhelmingly supports that neither the vaccines nor the quarantine are the ultimate measures to tackle this pandemic, otherwise it wouldn't have gotten out of hand in the first place.
When will you guys back down and admit that you are majorly clueless about what real strong immunity means?

Also this pandemic helped me to re-define "human health" on completely new terms.
Clue: those who seemed to be "healthy" but died due to the virus weren't in fact healthy, had either a weak immune system (you can't really see it from the outside or can't really detect it via "regular medical checks"!!) or a hidden illness.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
this pandemic helped me to re-define "human health" on completely new terms.
Clue: those who seemed to be "healthy" but died due to the virus weren't in fact healthy, had either a weak immune system (you can't really see it from the outside or can't really detect it via "regular medical checks"!!) or a hidden illness.
that sounds like someone was locked down for too long. along with a bucket full of weed.

Evidence overwhelmingly supports that neither the vaccines nor the quarantine are the ultimate measures to tackle this pandemic, otherwise it wouldn't have gotten out of hand in the first place.
without vaccines the death toll would be much higher. but what number would impress you at all?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Yes they very much are, en masse. Many hospitals have had to shut down completely because they're so understaffed after vaccine mandates. Yay public health !
that's just a disgusting twisting of it by the antivaxxer bastards.

it's sick to force young people to vaccinate when they're at almost no risk of covid problems and no long-term studies on these vaccines exist.
wrong on another two accounts in just one sentence. getting your information from Facebook?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

This one actually sounds like it could be serious to more than just ancient and obese people. Imagine if after the past two years of hell due to this relatively benign pneumonia type thing where 99% of people are fine, we then end up starting over or letting an actually serious disease ravage through. Hopefully they're either exaggerating (like they did with delta) or can contain it.

·
Premium Member
The best is yet to come
31,267 Posts
that sounds like someone was locked down for too long. along with a bucket full of weed.
I've never taken drugs, but it apparently hurts your mind if I reveal the truth.
It's so easy to debunk this whole theory. What I claim is at least logical, what the health autorities claim that only the vaccine could achieve the ability to combat the virus, yet even some of such seemingly "healthy" vaccinated persons died is at least contradicting itself.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
When will you guys back down and admit that you are majorly clueless about what real strong immunity means?

Also this pandemic helped me to re-define "human health" on completely new terms.
Nice strawman. I have never claimed that vaccines nor quarantine are the ultimate measures to tackle this pandemic. They don't need to be miracle weapons in order for them to be effective. Speed limits do not reduce the amount of traffic accidents to 0 yet we still have them. This all or nothing mentality is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I've never taken drugs, but it apparently hurts your mind if I reveal the truth.
It's so easy to debunk this whole theory. What I claim is at least logical, what the health autorities claim that only the vaccine could achieve the ability to combat the virus, yet even some of such seemingly "healthy" vaccinated persons died is at least contradicting itself.
When have they ever claimed this?

6101 - 6120 of 6212 Posts