Mens Tennis Forums banner
6081 - 6100 of 6212 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Given the information at hand, maybe, just maybe... there're other factors beyond whether a person is vaccinated or not, whether he's healthy or not that have significant impact on the severity level of the pandemic that a country experiences?
I agree with this. The percentage of the vaccinated is a good start, but it does not explain everything.

I think there are different reasons for different countries. If we had all the answers, we'd be able to deal with the pandemic.

This chart has been circulating today. If the data behind it is correct, it shows that the vaccines definitely work in preventing covid deaths. But it also shows that there are some outliers, like Latvia and Slovakia:

Slope Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I agree with this. The percentage of the vaccinated is a good start, but it does not explain everything.

I think there are different reasons for different countries. If we had all the answers, we'd be able to deal with the pandemic.

This chart has been circulating today. If the data behind it is correct, it shows that the vaccines definitely work in preventing covid deaths. But it also shows that there are some outliers, like Latvia and Slovakia:

View attachment 372516
I'm not arguing about whether they do or not. That was never my main issue with it. Everyone I know is vaccinated. Including my family members. I hope they do!

Healthcare systems are responsible. Countries like Latvia, Bulgaria, Romania are Lithuania's buddies in every top of any health related metric in Europe. Top in heart diseases, top in cancers, top in this, top in that. My issue is that it was never mentioned that our healthcare system was bad before the pandemic and it exacerbated the situation even more. Of course the government never going to say that. They're responsible for it. They take money from people's pocket for it, so it's their headache.

The government was supposed to crawl on their knees and beg the public to get vaccinated or whatever, instead they came with statements like they're tired of the unvaccinated and that they need to be punished. It's not like we're losers in terms vaccination rate... Shambles.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The government was supposed to crawl on their knees and beg the public to get vaccinated or whatever, instead they came with statements like they're tired of the unvaccinated and that they need to be punished. It's not like we're losers in terms vaccination rate... Shambles.
They took the page out of "Our patience is wearing thin" angry ole Joe Biden book? o_O Awkward.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Criticizing the well established link between Vitamin D levels and COVID outcomes, while never criticizing the worst clinical trials in history (COVID vaccines).

I don't know how many times I see the word 'control' in these COVID narrative defender's posts - well, they get one thing right!
Yeah, they are even worse than the fraudulent Ivermectin studies, right?

It doesn't really surprise me than an antivaxxer like you think that observational studies are better than RCTs when judging what evidence is best. And establishing a link between vitamin D levels and COVID outcomes does not prove that vitamin D levels cause more severe COVID outcomes. Nor that it's a valid treatment/prevention method. Correlation does not equal causation. There are many confounding variables at play here.

As for your joke about control, it doesn't really surprise me that you dislike the idea of controlling for bias. All you do is parrot what confirms your bias and speak about grand narratives like we live in a Hollywood movie.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Yes, changing lifestyles is not practical, but it's not fair for me to suffer because "it's not practical". Bad lifestyle choices lead to death and hospitalizations via many different routes. Covid included. Why I have to pay the price for people who put themselves in this position through years of damaging themselves?

I'm talking about Lithuania. We had the highest death rate and infection rate in Europe just couple of weeks ago with 1-3% less vaccinated population than Germany and UK. Covid passes are in full effect since September.

P.S. of course I'm excluding old people and those unfortunate ones who are not responsible for commorbidities they have.
So your argument is that the public health policy should be less effective, immensely more difficult to implement and take years to take effect, all so that it will be fair?

·
RAVE ON
20,325 Posts
Yeah, they are even worse than the fraudulent Ivermectin studies, right?

It doesn't really surprise me than an antivaxxer like you think that observational studies are better than RCTs when judging what evidence is best. And establishing a link between vitamin D levels and COVID outcomes does not prove that vitamin D levels cause more severe COVID outcomes. Nor that it's a valid treatment/prevention method. Correlation does not equal causation. There are many confounding variables at play here.

As for your joke about control, it doesn't really surprise me that you dislike the idea of controlling for bias. All you do is parrot what confirms your bias and speak about grand narratives like we live in a Hollywood movie.
All you have to do is ask slamjunky why he supports an agenda in the US that produces triple the case and death rates of Canada. And continues to moan about Canada’s excellent response to Covid. It is as if he would prefer that three times the number of his fellow Canadians die, so that he does not have to wear a mask at the supermarket.

But he won’t answer.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,664 Posts

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,664 Posts

The governor of Kansas has said she intends to sign a measure that will force businesses that require COVID-19 vaccination to give broad exceptions to workers who don’t want to get the vaccine. Kansas Gov. Laura Kelly, a Democrat, said in a one-sentence Nov. 22 statement that she will sign the legislation “when it reaches my desk.” Derek Schmidt, Kansas attorney general and a Republican, also said he would sign it if he were governor. Schmidt is challenging Kelly in the Kansas gubernatorial race. The Republican-controlled state House of Representatives and state Senate approved House Bill 2001 earlier on Nov. 22 during a special session. The Senate vote was 24–11 and the House vote was 78–41.
The legislation states that any employer who imposes a COVID-19 vaccine requirement must exempt workers if they submit a written waiver request stating that complying with the requirement would endanger the life or health of the waiver applicant or somebody they live with or if receiving the vaccine violates a sincerely held religious belief. Any workers punished or terminated due to violation of the law would be able to file a complaint with state officials, who would be mandated to investigate each complaint and issue an order on each case within 60 calendar days.

An employer who is found to have violated the law would face civil action in a bid to fine them up to $10,000 per violation if they have fewer than 100 employees or up to $50,000 per violation if they have 100 or more employees. The employer would avoid legal action if they reinstate the worker. Another major component of the legislation requires that workers who get laid off due to vaccination requirements be eligible for unemployment benefits. Kansas Senate President Ty Masterson, a Republican, said the measure will “protect the rights of Kansans who are facing impending deadlines from the Biden administration that would force them to choose between their livelihood and their religious freedom or their livelihood and advice from their own physician.”
All hail the glory of election time! :worship::worship::worship:

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
So your argument is that the public health policy should be less effective, immensely more difficult to implement and take years to take effect, all so that it will be fair?
Good morning, Mr. Spin Doctor.

My argument is if you do jack shit for decades for public health, don't come out with draconian measures and put blame on the people when shit hits the fan without even admitting healthcare and societal issues that play a huge part in this pandemic.

·
Premium Member
The best is yet to come
31,266 Posts
Resist #CovidFascism! Stand up for your rights! Gain super immunity by natural ways!

Do not cooperate with the pretentious Covid medicinal staff. Live your life as if nothing has happened.
Not good, they still force you to wear a mask, those with the weak immune system.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Resist #CovidFascism! Stand up for your rights! Gain super immunity by natural ways!

Do not cooperate with the pretentious Covid medicinal staff. Live your life as if nothing has happened.
Not good, they still force you to wear a mask, those with the weak immune system.
Certainly, do not do what it says above, folks. It's a dangerous disease, can be for some at the very least.

The restrictions and whatnot is whole another business. And one can discuss it without being a nutjob.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
primarily, when there are fewer nurses, then more people die.

society is losing patience with bastards like you.

also, vac mandates don't drive nurses out of their jobs.
Yes they very much are, en masse. Many hospitals have had to shut down completely because they're so understaffed after vaccine mandates. Yay public health !

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
i just read that also Slovakia has decided a lockdown for unvaccinated.
a lockdown for everybody apparently isn't possible legally!

well,
but i still don't like this measure. it is hard to control and therefore either won't be very effective or requires a lot of control which is expensive (and yeah looks like in a sci-fi movie and seems more cynical than even i would go).

personally i would have preferred a more medical way: lockdown for everybody now. also vac mandates now, but by priority (so healthy antivaxxer clowns in their 20s will have to wait).
justification (attempt): the older people who need a booster shot are in danger too, currently. lockdown for vaccinated is legal as the vaccination is mandatory anyway. makes sense, no? :geek:
Is that a joke ?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

View attachment 372516
The vaccines clearly seem to help reduce deaths. But guess what helps reduce death exponentially more than vaccines ? Age. Which is why it's sick to force young people to vaccinate when they're at almost no risk of covid problems and no long-term studies on these vaccines exist.

6081 - 6100 of 6212 Posts