Mens Tennis Forums banner
5521 - 5540 of 5644 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
You got it all wrong. I understand that you can’t very easily deal with truth.
The truth is, if there was really a "pandemic", then every grocery store worker and every airline worker would be dead right now. I would also certainly be dead as I have not changed one behavior that I would have made otherwise.

·
RAVE ON
20,152 Posts
Quite a misleading use of statistics if indeed deaths have continually risen for years.
He did not intend to mislead at first.

He misread "the years 2015-2019" as ‘"the period Jan-May 2020".

But then, rather than acknowledge the error, decided to fling insults and dig himself an even bigger hole.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
He did not intend to mislead at first.

He misread "the years 2015-2019" as ‘"the period Jan-May 2020".

But then, rather than acknowledge the error, decided to fling insults and dig himself an even bigger hole.
I didn’t remember the exact numbers from my post a few weeks ago.
The point is every week of 2021 had quite a significant increase in dementia deaths compared to the average from 2015-19, when there was no pandemic.
Same happens with cancers.
You perfectly understood my point.

You are a piece of shit though, always deviating the argument with silly details. Point is the same. You are a piece of shit because you don’t give a fuck about people dying because of all the measures the governments put in place.
I still haven’t seen anything from you about depression, suicide, undetected illnesses, millions of people getting into poverty. Plus the damage done to thea kids in the world.
So, again, and for the last time, as I will probably get banned…You are a PIECE OF SHIT, a disgusting human being, you and the other biggest piece of shit in here @Marfrilau

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
The truth is, if there was really a "pandemic", then every grocery store worker and every airline worker would be dead right now. I would also certainly be dead as I have not changed one behavior that I would have made otherwise.
+1. I have not changed my behaviour one bit during this plandemic - everyone is just fine. Nothing at church, nothing with friends and family, nothing at school despite the handwringing in the media. Unfortunately, there have been people who have gotten sick, and some have died - this is always very sad and trying for those affected, but the overwhelming majority have been the elderly, co-morbid, and metabolically challenged - the same folks who always die from outside threats.

At least you have the freedom where you are to bare arms appropriately and be prepared for the instability and supply chain disruptions that are coming. We can still get firearms here, but so many hoops to jump through and the good ones are banned!

What state are you in? Keep rocking and stay free!

·
RAVE ON
20,152 Posts
The point is every week of 2021 had quite a significant increase in dementia deaths compared to the average from 2015-19, when there was no pandemic.

You are a piece of shit though, always deviating the argument with silly details. Point is the same. You are a piece of shit because you don’t give a fuck about people dying because of all the measures the governments put in place.
I still haven’t seen anything from you about depression, suicide, undetected illnesses, millions of people getting into poverty. Plus the damage done to thea kids in the world.
So, again, and for the last time, as I will probably get banned…You are a PIECE OF SHIT, a disgusting human being, you and the other biggest piece of shit in here @Marfrilau
Stay calm and carry on.

I will leave you with this quote, once again, from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare:
"The rate of deaths of Australians with dementia was lower during the first ten months of 2020 than in recent years (when there was no pandemic)."

Combine this information with a quote from the Australian Bureau of Statistics:
"The deaths from dementia from Jan-May 2021 were almost identical to the deaths for the same period in 2020".

·
Registered
2,298 Posts

And that point is ridiculous and says nothing about the impact of the pandemic because you are ignoring the steady rise in deaths in years prior in your analysis. Here's a simple example to highlight how flawed your analysis and conclusion is:

Imagine that for 10 years deaths have risen by 100 every year so in 2011 it was 100, in 2012 it was 200 etc.

That would mean that the average for 2015-2019 would be 700. So even if deaths dropped to like 800 in 2021 compared to the previous year it would still be considered an increase in your analysis as it's higher than 700. But no sane person would ever conclude that numbers got worse in 2021. It would in fact be the first year that would break the trend of rising deaths. Your analysis is seriously flawed and a perfect example of using misleading statistics to get to a wrong conclusion.

Also what a pathetic attempt at an appeal to emotion. So because your flawed logic is pointed out we are pieces of shit?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
That's the Hollywood definition of a pandemic you are describing... Come back to the real world.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
The problem with the old definition was exactly that to a regular person it sounded bulletproof when in reality it never meant that. This interpretation was exactly what anti-vaxxers was using to spread disinformation. But it was clearly the wrong interpretation. For one pretty much no vaccine in history lives up to that. Few if any vaccines provide 100% immunity 100% of the time. Vaccines effectiveness is also linked to the effectiveness of natural immunity which for some infections definitely does not provide 100% immunity and can wane quickly.

Also terms like leaky vaccines are nonsensical in that interpretation because if they are leaky then they aren't vaccines...

And what trickery are you talking about? The vaccines were never advertised as you describe.

See my answers above. Nothing was changed in practice. Your interpretation of the definition of a vaccine has always been wrong.
Vaccines were almost advertised as *fill in the any buzzphrase from the past 18 months.

*road back to normalcy
*a key to freedom
*blah blah blah

And any sane person can see that things like adverse effects were written in small print, when it always should've been marketed as something that stimulates your immunity but has downsides as well. A 3 year old child can understand that no vaccine is 100%, but adverse events were heavily downplayed by the media. If a person wants to calculate the risks, then just put all the statistics about 99% in hospitals being unvaxxed and he/she will make a decisions which sounds correct. No mandates needed. See above @allpro 's twitter video with Biden, Psaki, Fauci telling that no vaccines will be mandatory. As I said countless times before here, in my country it was the same: there's no chance for mandatory vaccines. I reckon the same happened in a lot of countries around the world. And I don't want to hear bullshit like "oh the situation changed", "oh the science changed". Nothing changed. The situation was very clear after 2 or 3 waves and they start mandating vaccines after it's a known fact the the immunity is waning against the variants? Pff..

·
RAVE ON
20,152 Posts
Ontario has introduced a proof-of-vaccine system for various jobs and for access to indoor events.

The anti-vaxxers have decided to protest this by holding their protests at hospitals!
They are not going to harrass the Conservative government, they are going to harrass the front line workers and people entering the hospital!

Well played, morons.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,488 Posts
PHE Technical Report 20 (6 August 2021) can be found here:

Page 18-19

Delta variant CFR from

Unvaccinated: 0.16%

1 dose less than 21 days ago: 0.04%

1 dose more than 21 days ago: 0.15%

2 doses: 0.86%

Page 35

PCR average lowest Ct lower in Delta compared to Alpha, means Delta gives higher viral load. Similar viral load between vaccinated and unvaccinated.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Ontario has introduced a proof-of-vaccine system for various jobs and for access to indoor events.

The anti-vaxxers have decided to protest this by holding their protests at hospitals!
They are not going to harrass the Conservative government, they are going to harrass the front line workers and people entering the hospital!

Well played, morons.
Link.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
PHE Technical Report 20 (6 August 2021) can be found here:

Page 18-19

Delta variant CFR from

Unvaccinated: 0.16%

1 dose less than 21 days ago: 0.04%

1 dose more than 21 days ago: 0.15%

2 doses: 0.86%

Page 35

PCR average lowest Ct lower in Delta compared to Alpha, means Delta gives higher viral load. Similar viral load between vaccinated and unvaccinated.
I'm confused because the data cited in this link seems reliable, but lots of mainstream sources are reporting very different numbers today.

·
RAVE ON
20,152 Posts
I'm confused because the data cited in this link seems reliable, but lots of mainstream sources are reporting very different numbers today.
I think the intent was to confuse you. I do not know why this professor uses such tactics.
The numbers in the report refer to deaths from the Delta variant in the first half (approximately) of 2021. In that interval 655 died from the Delta variant.

However, in approximately the same time frame, there were 51,281 deaths from Covid In England. Only 640 of these deaths were in fully vaccinated people.

Now you see why this professor used a tiny fraction of the total deaths as his sample, while hoping the reader would assume that the percentages of vaccinated and unvaccinated in his little sample were the same percentages in the entire total of deaths from Covid.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,488 Posts
I think the intent was to confuse you. I do not know why this professor uses such tactics.
The numbers in the report refer to deaths from the Delta variant in the first half (approximately) of 2021. In that interval 655 died from the Delta variant.

However, in approximately the same time frame, there were 51,281 deaths from Covid In England. Only 640 of these deaths were in fully vaccinated people.

Now you see why this professor used a tiny fraction of the total deaths as his sample, while hoping the reader would assume that the percentages of vaccinated and unvaccinated in his little sample were the same percentages in the entire total of deaths from Covid.
From the report there were 742 deaths. In the article it is not omitted that it is only from the Delta variant.

I am not sure though if the deaths are from February-August or only the last 28 days in which situation, the number of infections is a subsample (98722 cases) of the whole Delta infections. For the subsample it is not discriminated how many were vaccinated and unvaccinated. It is a bit confusing indeed.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
From the report there were 742 deaths. In the article it is not omitted that it is only from the Delta variant.

I am not sure though if the deaths are from February-August or only the last 28 days in which situation, the number of infections is a subsample (98722 cases) of the whole Delta infections. For the subsample it is not discriminated how many were vaccinated and unvaccinated. It is a bit confusing indeed.
You can find all the data here:

From the latest technical briefing:

"Delta variant accounted for approximately 99% of sequenced and 96% genotyped cases from 1 August to 28 August 2021."

5521 - 5540 of 5644 Posts