Mens Tennis Forums banner
5501 - 5520 of 5644 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
So 200 daily deaths before vaccine was outrage but now 200 daily death with vaccine is considered "normal"?

You can't make this shit up, utterly pathetic.
The difference between before and after vaccines was that 200 deaths was far from the worst it could get. 200 deaths seem to be peak with vaccines. It effectively proves that the stated goal of the restrictions was indeed to prevent the health care systems from breaking down.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
So what? Why do you think it matters that they updated their definition?
Updated? They straight up changed it to fit the agenda. Until now 'herd immunity' was associated with a portion of population becoming immune to a disease. Whatever that immunity comes from. Suddenly now, it's a "concept used in vaccination". And it's reached not by a portion of population becoming immune to a disease but by "reaching a certain vaccination threshold".

By this same definition, a person who already had covid and has antibodies is not considered contributing to herd immunity. One has to be stupid not to see glaring problems with changing definitions that were in place for decades...

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Updated? They straight up changed it to fit the agenda. Until now 'herd immunity' was associated with a portion of population becoming immune to a disease. Whatever that immunity comes from. Suddenly now, it's a "concept used in vaccination". And it's reached not by a portion of population becoming immune to a disease but by "reaching a certain vaccination threshold".

By this same definition, a person who already had covid and has antibodies is not considered contributing to herd immunity. One has to be stupid not to see glaring problems with changing definitions that were in place for decades...
They changed that back though. I was referring to the vaccine definition change.

·
RAVE ON
20,152 Posts
Well it has killed lots of people from other causes. With undetected cancers, 18% increase in dementia deaths, a very big jump in excess death from non-covid causes in the first few months of 2021 (all official data from AU government that I posted here before).

So I guess it all depends on how you define successful.

In a world where we only care about covid deaths (which seems to be your world) is successful.

In the real world, using common sense, that's far from successful
"lots of…..". Is hardly a statistic.

Are you cherry-picking and ignoring things in the report, such as, "it should be noted that dementia deaths in Australia have shown a steady increase for years."

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
So what? Why do you think it matters that they updated their definition?
changing long established medical/scientific terms on the fly in the midst of a failing covid vaccine and global mandatory drive doesn’t strike you as odd? i find it a bit orwellian and i doubt the cdc/big pharma would have made the change had the mrna tech been a success and the path back to normal, as they initially promised. for generations vaccination meant immunity and changing the definition has significant implications in journalism and public perception. the articles i linked summed it up pretty well.

Reactions: ElMix and slamjunky

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
They changed that back though. I was referring to the vaccine definition change.
I still don't condone the changing there as well. 'Immunity' to a regular person sounds bulletproof. That's what the original definition was stating. And they change it so that it only stimulates your own immunity and provides protection. If vaccine fails, then one can show the definition and say: see? it's normal, it's just a layer of protection and it was only supposed to boost your own immunity..
Honestly, I don't disagree with the updated definition. I can definitely see how a person, who's immune system is shit, can over rely on the vaccine, thinking that it's a magical shot that overrides his/her bad immunity. But it should've been marketed as that from the beginning and not use trickery like that...

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
In Switzerland, you can't do shit without a Covid certificate anymore. If you get vaccinated, you get the certificate for a year, otherwise, you have to prove that you either already had Covid or has been tested recently. Tests will soon be not free anymore, so you have to pay for it.

The move was needed, because there are a lot of vaccination ignorants in Switzerland, hence the intensive care units are full again.

Needless to say, the vaccination deniers are losing their shit now, which is just glorious to see in every way.

If you are too dim-witted to get basic scientifc facts, society should punish you, it's as simple as that. Now unvaccinated people are a) way more likely to end up in a hospital and b) can't do shit anymore without spending a shitload of money on tests. You love to see it.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I still don't condone the changing there as well. 'Immunity' to a regular person sounds bulletproof. That's what the original definition was stating. And they change it so that it only stimulates your own immunity and provides protection. If vaccine fails, then one can show the definition and say: see? it's normal, it's just a layer of protection and it was only supposed to boost your own immunity..
Honestly, I don't disagree with the updated definition. I can definitely see how a person, who's immune system is shit, can over rely on the vaccine, thinking that it's a magical shot that overrides his/her bad immunity. But it should've been marketed as that from the beginning and not use trickery like that...
The problem with the old definition was exactly that to a regular person it sounded bulletproof when in reality it never meant that. This interpretation was exactly what anti-vaxxers was using to spread disinformation. But it was clearly the wrong interpretation. For one pretty much no vaccine in history lives up to that. Few if any vaccines provide 100% immunity 100% of the time. Vaccines effectiveness is also linked to the effectiveness of natural immunity which for some infections definitely does not provide 100% immunity and can wane quickly.

Also terms like leaky vaccines are nonsensical in that interpretation because if they are leaky then they aren't vaccines...

And what trickery are you talking about? The vaccines were never advertised as you describe.

changing long established medical/scientific terms on the fly in the midst of a failing covid vaccine and global mandatory drive doesn’t strike you as odd? i find it a bit orwellian and i doubt the cdc/big pharma would have made the change had the mrna tech been a success and the path back to normal, as they initially promised. for generations vaccination meant immunity and changing the definition has significant implications in journalism and public perception. the articles i linked summed it up pretty well.
See my answers above. Nothing was changed in practice. Your interpretation of the definition of a vaccine has always been wrong.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Yet in my country Covid passports go in full effect on Monday. :D
here in the good ol ussa dictator biden has mandated the failed vaccines (and eventually booster shots) in the public and private sectors. i never thought i’d live to see the day and regardless of whether you’re pro-vaxx or not, this sets another VERY DANGEROUS precedent. us 'anti-vaxxers' are not your enemies. we want maximum freedom and liberties for ALL.

another massive flip-flop..

(not an endorsement of the rnc - it was the best clip i could find)

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
"lots of…..". Is hardly a statistic.
I put the statistic in this thread a couple of weeks ago, the source was the AU government itself.
I don't have time to find it and post it again. But you can easily find it.

Are you cherry-picking and ignoring things in the report, such as, "it should be noted that dementia deaths in Australia have shown a steady increase for years."
By 18% in 1 year?
Come on, I thought you were a bit smarter than this.

And how about cancer deaths (which usually go down throughout the years because of treatment advances)?
Does it not concern you one bit that all the measures that have been on and off for 1.5 years have prevented people from doing their regular doctor appointments? Does it not concern you that as a result of that, lots of diseases are not being detected, or are being detected too late for treatment?
Does it not concern you the overwhelming increase in depression amongst adults because of all the restrictions, lonelyness and anxiety? Are you not smart enough to realize the devastating effect that this has in a person's health? Not to mention depression is linked with suicide as well.

You keep showing, again and again, that the only thing you care are covid victims. It doesn't matter if we kill people from other causes, as long as it is not covid

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
replace 'masked' with lockdown, vaccinated, etc..

Reactions: Warrior

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I put the statistic in this thread a couple of weeks ago, the source was the AU government itself.

By 18% in 1 year?

And how about cancer deaths (which usually go down throughout the years because of treatment advances)?
Does it not concern you one bit that all the measures that have been on and off for 1.5 years have prevented people from doing their regular doctor appointments? Does it not concern you that as a result of that, lots of diseases are not being detected, or are being detected too late for treatment?
Does it not concern you the overwhelming increase in depression amongst adults because of all the restrictions, lonelyness and anxiety? Are you not smart enough to realize the devastating effect that this has in a person's health? Not to mention depression is linked with suicide as well.

You keep showing, again and again, that the only thing you care are covid victims. It doesn't matter if we kill people from other causes, as long as it is not covid
and the destruction of economies and the hollowing out of the middle class.

·
RAVE ON
20,152 Posts

By 18% in 1 year?

Regarding dementia, it was NOT 18% in one year.
Come on, I thought you were a bit smarter than this. Take more care when you read the reports.
And aside from your misreading the statistic, do people die from dementia. Or do people with dementia die from other causes, such as Covid?

In those Australian reports it is difficult to get to the core values, but you singled out cancer and dementia,

One report says there was no excess mortality for cancer in 2020.

In another report that includes part of 2021, death from heart disease was down 7% from the 2015-2019 average, cardiovascular deaths were down 7%, pneumonia was down 22%, cancer was up 6% and diabetes was up 9%.

Seems to me that the reduction of pneumonia deaths during Covid (presumably due to masking and social distancing) could have actually saved enough lives to balance out those increases in other diseases.

·
RAVE ON
20,152 Posts
and the destruction of economies and the hollowing out of the middle class.
Destruction?

I don’t know about anywhere else, but the economy in Canada is just fine. And I expect it is just fine, elsewhere as well.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Regarding dementia, it was NOT 18% in one year.
Come on, I thought you were a bit smarter than this. Take more care when you read the reports.
And aside from your misreading the statistic, do people die from dementia. Or do people with dementia die from other causes, such as Covid?

In those Australian reports it is difficult to get to the core values, but you singled out cancer and dementia,

One report says there was no excess mortality for cancer in 2020.

In another report that includes part of 2021, death from heart disease was down 7% from the 2015-2019 average, cardiovascular deaths were down 7%, pneumonia was down 22%, cancer was up 6% and diabetes was up 9%.

Seems to me that the reduction of pneumonia deaths during Covid (presumably due to masking and social distancing) could have actually saved enough lives to balance out those increases in other diseases.
18% up from the same period a year ago.
And it states specifically that these are not people who died from covid or with covid.

Non-covid deaths (people who had no covid and died) went up by around 5% (that’s a pretty big increase if you ask me).
Of course it is only the beginning, the damage they have done will last years.

Smart of you to ignore everything else I said on the post. All the effects that the covid measures have on people’s health.
You clearly don’t give a f…
Again, as long as it is not covid

·
RAVE ON
20,152 Posts
18% up from the same period a year ago.
And it states specifically that these are not people who died from covid or with covid.

Non-covid deaths (people who had no covid and died) went up by around 5% (that’s a pretty big increase if you ask me).
Of course it is only the beginning, the damage they have done will last years.

Smart of you to ignore everything else I said on the post. All the effects that the covid measures have on people’s health.
You clearly don’t give a f…
Again, as long as it is not covid
You are not understanding what you read.

Most recent data from the Australian government:
Dementia deaths, January-May, 2021; 6.078
Dementia deaths, same period, a year ago: 6068.
Statistically identical. I did caution you to read carefully.
Need I go on?

A key finding of the same report is that "age standardized mortality rates from all causes were below historical averages for each month of 2021."
I do not completely understand "age standardized", but suspect that this finding tends to undermine your thesis.

And to sum this all up, I checked annual deaths from dementia in Australia.
2010: 9000
2014: 12000
2019: 15000
2021, if the rates from Jan-May remain the same until Dec: 14,500.

So what do you now conclude about the effect of Covid on people with dementia?
Conclusion: none, and very probably a decrease, because the data certainly shows that the straight line upward trend has been brought to a sudden halt since the onset of Covid. Could the Covid protective measures be responsible? Time will tell. Although the Australian Institute for Health and Welfare has already concluded that the Covid protocols are indeed responsible for the downward trend in Dementia morbidity.

Yes, I care. I care about getting the facts right, before insulting other people.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
You are not understanding what you read.

Most recent data from the Australian government:
Dementia deaths, January-May, 2021; 6.078
Dementia deaths, same period, a year ago: 6068.
Statistically identical. I did caution you to read carefully.
Need I go on?

A key finding of the same report is that "age standardized mortality rates from all causes were below historical averages for each month of 2021."
I do not completely understand "age standardized", but suspect that this finding tends to undermine your thesis.

And to sum this all up, I checked annual deaths from dementia in Australia.
2010: 9000
2014: 12000
2019: 15000
2021, if the rates from Jan-May remain the same until Dec: 14,500.

So what do you now conclude about the effect of Covid on people with dementia?
Conclusion: none, and very probably a decrease, because the data certainly shows that the straight line upward trend has been brought to a sudden halt Since the onset of Covid. Could the Covid protective measures be responsible? Time will tell. Although the Australian Institute for Health and Welfare has already concluded that the Covid protocols are indeed responsible for the downward trend in Dementia morbidity.

Yes, I care. I care about getting the facts right, before insulting other people.
Product Rectangle Slope Font Plot

5501 - 5520 of 5644 Posts