Mens Tennis Forums banner
5481 - 5500 of 5552 Posts

·
RAVE ON
20,123 Posts
So 200 daily deaths before vaccine was outrage but now 200 daily death with vaccine is considered "normal"?

You can't make this shit up, utterly pathetic.
I think the point was that those who wish for Covid to just be ignored now, must consider 200 Covid deaths a day to be normal.
These are usually people who also say, "I am young and healthy, so will not be one of the 200."

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Does it make any difference if it is between countries sharing a land border or states sharing a land border? Covid does not know about nationalities. What it comes down to is a land area that comes under a single jurisdiction and can take whatever steps its elected lawmakers deem necessary to protect the population.

Are you the forum master, here, telling people what they can say?
I was not even talking to you, but to allpro, who was not at all indicating that he was talking about the Western World. But, that aside, where is it happening "here"? Who are the Western World’s Uyghurs?
Oh, drama queen taking it literally. Of course you can say whatever you want. I'm far from the one who'd be pro-censorship. It's that your argument is bunk. Brings camps in North Korea. LOL.

It's pretty clear that allpro is indeed talking about the Western World. You can call it the Western Bloc or whatever. Australia is in it. China, North Korea - not. When we see stuff like that happening in a country that shares cultural and political (I mean "dEmOcRaCy") values, we get more alert than if we'd see the same stuff happening in, for example, China, since we expect things like that to happen there. After all, we have the moral superiority. We value human rights and treat everyone as equal. China doesn't.

I wish all the best to Uyghurs, but it's funny how the media suddenly cares about oppressed Muslims in a far away land of China. Yet I don't recall them caring so much about Muslims in, let's say, Palestine or Middle East in general. Well, they kinda went against Israel's shenanigans couple of months ago. I'll give them that.

·
RAVE ON
20,123 Posts
Does it make any difference if it is between countries sharing a land border or states sharing a land border? Covid does not know about nationalities. What it comes down to is a land area that comes under a single jurisdiction and can take whatever steps its elected lawmakers deem necessary to protect the population.

Are you the forum master, here, telling people what they can say?
I was not even talking to you, but to allpro, who was not at all indicating that he was talking about the Western World. But, that aside, where is it happening "here"? Who are the Western World’s Uyghurs?
Well, as far as involuntary confinement goes, you said what is happening in the Western World is close to what is happening in China and N. Korea. Where?

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Well, as far as involuntary confinement goes, you said what is happening in the Western World is close to what is happening in China and N. Korea. Where?
Was that supposed to be a response to me? If yes:

That's not how I said it. I said that you'd expect things like that to appear in China or North Korea, rather than in Australia. And perfectly explained why. This goes for the general population that views certain states as "bad", and the other side of the world as democratic rays of hope for humanity.

As for this example, these are indeed involuntary camps. You cannot choose not to go there. Sure, you can choose not to go that territory at all, but it's the same as saying: look, if you don't want to be thrown in jail, just don't criticize a certain politician. You have a choice after all..

Everything about these facilities is bullshit, and they're building more of those across Australia. The price is exorbitant. No kitchen in your rooms so you can't cook. You get fed by the staff. You have to wear a mask always. Even when you're outside of your room sitting on the patio unless an authorised officer permits the person to remove the face mask.
There's no one around you. The next person is 5-10 meters away from you on another patio OUTSIDE, yet you still have to wear a mask. Amazing.

The one they're building in Queensland will be called WELLCAMP. Nice doublespeak.

I'll add that since lockdowns in general fall into the category of "involuntary confinement" my direct answer to your question is - everywhere. Neil Ferguson admitted that in his interview where he said that he didn't think they could pull a lockdown off since it was something that was happening in China.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I did read the website. How else could I respond to your post? And having read it, I do not understand what you are saying. It seems quite simple. If you want to visit the Northern Territory and are coming from a location that is a designated Covid hot spot, then you will have to agree to a period of quarantine on arrival. If you don’t want to do that, then don’t visit the Northern Territory.
The quarantine is voluntary, and has nothing to do with forced confinement, as you seem to think.
Your attempt to equate a voluntary quarantine for someone entering the Northern Territory from a Covid hotspot with concentration camps for dissidents is just laughable.
Care to explain what my limited reading skills failed to understand?

In fact, the steps taken by the Northern Territory to allow people to visit from Covid hot spots seems a lot more liberal than countries around the world that at present just say "no" to any visitors from Covid hotspots.
You might want to check out the policy of the USA.
first of all, i never wrote anything in my original post that would remotely suggest i thought the camps were for people with covid. that’s just you projecting your own ignorance and stupidity on other posters. the crux of my argument was someone wanting to visit a sick or dying relative and the mandatory $2.5K - $5K fee plus missing an additional 2 weeks of work, to which you replied ‘you don’t have to go if you don’t want to’ and ‘If you don’t want to do that, then don’t visit the Northern Territory.’ who the f says something like that about a sick or dying relative? your lack of basic human empathy for those who have to suffer under all these extreme and irrational govt measures (which will only get worse with govt/msm cheerleaders like you) is surprising even by your own selfish standards.

also, i understand that someone of your wealth and expensive tastes (as you often like to remind us of) may find this hard to believe, but there are probably millions of aussies who simply can’t afford it. and to top it all off, people from hotspots (currently all of victoria & NSW ≈ 60% of the total population) aren’t even allowed into NT without an exemption and quarantine is mandatory even if you’re perfectly healthy, pcr negative, and fully vaxxed. how does this remotely resemble anything reasonable for a virus with a > 99.9% survival rate for the vast majority humanity?

What is gibberish about the forced confinements in China and N. Korea? It would seem you declined to give an explanatory response because you do not have an explanatory response.

You know, you can’t just make stuff up and expect it to be accepted without comment.
And you shouldn’t just say something is gibberish, when you know very well it isn’t. It is obviously an attempt to evade an issue.
this thread isn’t about chinese or n. korean political and religious prison camps, which are pure evil, and how does me not mentioning them somehow equate to being sympathetic or indifferent to them? that’s a bizarre inference considering i’m speaking out against covid camps and the loss of basic freedoms in the west. besides, you already know i’m an anti-communist, anti-totalitarian as i’ve made that pretty obvious throughout the years. what i find ironic is you invoking china and n. korean camps while being totally oblivious to creeping totalitarianism in the west. and you’re a fool if you think western govts will eventually relinquish these powers, instead, it will be the exact opposite. we’ve already lost bodily autonomy in the form of a de facto mandatory injection with unknown mid to long term health consequences and if that’s not a fundamental loss of freedom, i don’t know what is. but go ahead and dismiss everything that doesn't align with your msm worldview as 'conspiracy theory.' you need to wake the f up and look at what's happening all around the world.

·
RAVE ON
20,123 Posts
@allpro
I am curious as to what a dying relative is doing in quarantine. Did you mean dying of Covid?

This scenario does not seem relevant to what the quarantine camps are for - unless you thought they were for Covid victims.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
@allpro
I am curious as to what a dying relative is doing in quarantine. Did you mean dying of Covid?

This scenario does not seem relevant to what the quarantine camps are for - unless you thought they were for Covid victims.
huh? i NEVER said or even implied the sick or dying relative who lives in NT is at the quarantine camp or sick with covid. how are you even inferring that? i was referring to their relative who lives in let's say melbourne or sydney and would like to visit their sick or dying relative in NT who is bedridden at home, NOT at a camp. the VISITOR(S) must get an exemption and pay and quarantine for 14 days to visit.

here's what i wrote:
"mandatory govt quarantine camps at $2.5K per person or $5K for a family of two or more for 14 days [here i was referring to the visitor(s), not their sick relative in NT]. if you’d like to visit or care for a sick or dying relative but can’t afford the fees, tough luck."

Reactions: slamjunky

·
RAVE ON
20,123 Posts
also, i understand that someone of your wealth and expensive tastes (as you often like to remind us of) may find this hard to believe, but there are probably millions of aussies who simply can’t afford it.

go ahead and dismiss everything that doesn't align with your msm worldview as 'conspiracy theory.' you need to wake the f up and look at what's happening all around the world.
It is stunning to me that you can rant about msm being part of a worldwide globalization conspiracy organized by whoever ‘they" are. It is all lies and not one word is to be believed.

And at the same time, I, an anonymous poster on the internet, can make a sarcastic comment about wine, and you immediately take it as absolute proof that I am wealthy, with expensive tastes.
Wake up and and look at what’s happening across all the fake news sites that you accept as gospel.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
It is stunning to me that you can rant about msm being part of a worldwide globalization conspiracy organized by whoever ‘they" are. It is all lies and not one word is to be believed.

And at the same time, I, an anonymous poster on the internet, can make a sarcastic comment about wine, and you immediately take it as absolute proof that I am wealthy, with expensive tastes.
Wake up and and look at what’s happening across all the fake news sites that you accept as gospel.
lol, i love how you suddenly shift the topic to 'conspiracy' and 'fake news' etc without even acknowledging that you were wrong about the camps and that you lack basic reading comprehension skills.

anyway, thanks for responding because i could never quite figure out if you were just a lonely troll desperate for attention or truly batshit crazy. now i know (hint: both). i’ll just go back to ignoring you completely unless you raise a thoughtful, intelligent question or post something of substance without resorting to the same old trump, q-anon, russia-gate, or 'conspiracy theorist' bullshit.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts

Hahahaha. Still bitter about the wine and even replies to the wrong poster. @allpro 's probably scratching his head thinking 'what the f-ing wine is this guy talking about?'. Rent free living!

P.S. no one's talking about absolute proofs here apart from you. On the other hand, every single governmental decision (whatever the government even) is a gospel to you. No questions asked. Unless, it's Trump, of course.

·
RAVE ON
20,123 Posts
Hahahaha. Still bitter about the wine and even replies to the wrong poster. @allpro 's probably scratching his head thinking 'what the f-ing wine is this guy talking about?'. Rent free living!

P.S. no one's talking about absolute proofs here apart from you. On the other hand, every single governmental decision (whatever the government even) is a gospel to you. No questions asked. Unless, it's Trump, of course.
No, I was replying to allpro. He mentioned the supposed wine drinking, as if drinking a good wine was to be frowned upon.

Cutting through all the whining about freedoms, concentration camps, etc., anyone who just takes a look at the case and death rates around the world since the beginning of Covid, would look at the Australian numbers and conclude that those Aussies really know what they are doing, when it comes to looking out for the health and lives of their citizens.

·
RAVE ON
20,123 Posts
huh? i NEVER said or even implied the sick or dying relative who lives in NT is at the quarantine camp or sick with covid. how are you even inferring that? i was referring to their relative who lives in let's say melbourne or sydney and would like to visit their sick or dying relative in NT who is bedridden at home, NOT at a camp. the VISITOR(S) must get an exemption and pay and quarantine for 14 days to visit.

here's what i wrote:
"mandatory govt quarantine camps at $2.5K per person or $5K for a family of two or more for 14 days [here i was referring to the visitor(s), not their sick relative in NT]. if you’d like to visit or care for a sick or dying relative but can’t afford the fees, tough luck."
Yes, there was a misunderstanding because you originally made a blanket statement of the amount a person must pay to visit a sick or dying relative in NT.
Only later did you modify this to clarify that what you actually meant to say was that this is what a person coming from a hot spot like Melbourne or Sydney must pay.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Yes, there was a misunderstanding because you originally made a blanket statement of the amount a person must pay to visit a sick or dying relative in NT.
Only later did you modify this to clarify that what you actually meant to say was that this is what a person coming from a hot spot like Melbourne or Sydney must pay.
can’t let it go, huh? i’ll take the bait one last time. i laid out a scenario which includes over half the population of australia (victoria and NSW) and didn’t include non-hotspots because they weren’t relevant to the point i was making, capiche? i can’t believe how petty and immature you are for a 75 yo man. grow up.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
No, I was replying to allpro. He mentioned the supposed wine drinking, as if drinking a good wine was to be frowned upon.

Cutting through all the whining about freedoms, concentration camps, etc., anyone who just takes a look at the case and death rates around the world since the beginning of Covid, would look at the Australian numbers and conclude that those Aussies really know what they are doing, when it comes to looking out for the health and lives of their citizens.
also, i understand that someone of your wealth and expensive tastes (as you often like to remind us of) may find this hard to believe
Oh yes indeed he did. :D :D My bad then.

·
RAVE ON
20,123 Posts
can’t let it go, huh? i’ll take the bait one last time. i laid out a scenario which includes over half the population of australia (victoria and NSW) and didn’t include non-hotspots because they weren’t relevant to the point i was making, capiche? i can’t believe how petty and immature you are for a 75 yo man. grow up.
Bite on this, then.

What do you think of the Aussie case and death numbers, compared to other nations of the Western World?

Has its Covid policy been successful?

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
Bite on this, then.

What do you think of the Aussie case and death numbers, compared to other nations of the Western World?

Has its Covid policy been successful?
Well it has killed lots of people from other causes. With undetected cancers, 18% increase in dementia deaths, a very big jump in excess death from non-covid causes in the first few months of 2021 (all official data from AU government that I posted here before).

So I guess it all depends on how you define successful.

In a world where we only care about covid deaths (which seems to be your world) is successful.

In the real world, using common sense, that's far from successful

5481 - 5500 of 5552 Posts