Mens Tennis Forums banner

4921 - 4940 of 4989 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Does not explain why he chose Asians as his target.
The dude literally said he chose Asian SPA parlors as a target because he used to frequent them for sex. Whether they provided any 'happy ending' services and he indeed visited those particular ones or not doesn't matter at this point. It's a heinous crime nonetheless, but the lunatic's reasons for it were not covid.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
New video this morning of an elderly Asian lady in NY being pushed to the ground and then repeatedly kicked in the head. Some people watched, but nobody tried to stop it.

Isolated incident or trend? Real or fake video?
Don't worry. This episode doesn't fit the currently dominant "white privilege" bullshit, as the attacker was homeless African American.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
The dude literally said he chose Asian SPA parlors as a target because he used to frequent them for sex. Whether they provided any 'happy ending' services and he indeed visited those particular ones or not doesn't matter at this point. It's a heinous crime nonetheless, but the lunatic's reasons for it were not covid.
There are actually tons of such people. Because there are tons of such Spa. Like 5 in my NYC block alone. They must have their plentiful clientele, otherwise they wouldn't have existed. And the people who work in there, don't you think they are law abiding Americans, and that has nothing otherwise to do with human trafficking of primarily very young women, and everyone is kinda ok with that, aren't they?
This must be a very strange ecosystem, filled on both ends with very strange people, that we, regular folk, hardly have any real idea about.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Everyone wants back to normal. The problem is there is no way to achieve that. As long as Covid is raging and only a minority if people is vaccinated, the choice is between different versions of abnormal.
You reckon (not saying we should) if we let it run completely, without any restrictions whatsoever, the human race would be eradicated?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
There are actually tons of such people. Because there are tons of such Spa. Like 5 in my NYC block alone. They must have their plentiful clientele, otherwise they wouldn't have existed. And the people who work in there, don't you think they are law abiding Americans, and that has nothing otherwise to do with human trafficking of primarily very young women, and everyone is kinda ok with that, aren't they?
This must be a very strange ecosystem, filled on both ends with very strange people, that we, regular folk, hardly have any real idea about.
I have no doubt that such establishments exist. On the other hand, I reckon plenty of such SPAs exist without providing any sexual services. Not every massage parlor in Thailand provide that as well. All in all, it doesn't constitute shooting people. Go there, use services (whatever they provide) and go home. The dude was a loonie.

By the way, wasn't there another shooting that involved some kind of an islamist, that the media, of course, at first reported as an evil white person?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Does not explain why he chose Asians as his target.
He did not "chose Asians" as his target. Which is why two of his victims were white and this has not been classified as a sex crime. There is literally zero evidence that the shootings were racially motivated. He chose sex workers.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
bolded- Obv not. But some measures being taken atm are as if that is going to happen.
Do you think the measures taken will eradicate humankind?
I am sure that in some places the measures are going too far, in others, they are too lenient. It's a difficult situation for everyone and there is no perfect solution.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Do you think the measures taken will eradicate humankind?
I am sure that in some places the measures are going too far, in others, they are too lenient. It's a difficult situation for everyone and there is no perfect solution.
Are they too lenient in your country? (assuming it's Switzerland)

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Are they too lenient in your country? (assuming it's Switzerland)
Difficult to say at the moment. They were certainly too lenient last autumn, when it was obvious that we would run into a second wave. Now a third wave is coming but it is much less clear how it will develop with the weather getting warmer and the vaccinations progressing.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Difficult to say at the moment. They were certainly too lenient last autumn, when it was obvious that we would run into a second wave. Now a third wave is coming but it is much less clear how it will develop with the weather getting warmer and the vaccinations progressing.
Well, they're definitely not in my country and we're above you in the deaths/1M pop. There was basically nothing else left to shut down since Novermber/December.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Lithuania
I really don't know the situation in Lithuania well enough to try to compare what was going on in the two countries. But it seems that Lithuania was less effective in breaking the autumn wave than Switzerland for some reason. Clearly both countries reacted too late in October. If there is one clear conclusion from the pandemic, it is that when cases start rising quickly, fast reaction is everything, and every day counts. If you implement the same measures one week earlier, you can easily reduce case numbers by half or more.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I really don't know the situation in Lithuania well enough to try to compare what was going on in the two countries. But it seems that Lithuania was less effective in breaking the autumn wave than Switzerland for some reason. Clearly both countries reacted too late in October. If there is one clear conclusion from the pandemic, it is that when cases start rising quickly, fast reaction is everything, and every day counts. If you implement the same measures one week earlier, you can easily reduce case numbers by half or more.
I think this is all nonsense. Apparently, we're looking at the 3rd wave, cases spiked from 3xx to 8xx, and we're looking into opening even more things. Plenty of people outside. Shops, that have an entrance directly from the outside, have been opened around since 2 weeks ago, there were huge lines outside to enter. Judging by the newest rhetoric, the virus is aerosolised and it can travel much farther than 6 feet. So, when every business was closed (there were people working in the office spaces who don't have conditions to work from home, but since 80-90% were working from home, no danger in working from the office for the rest of the workers), pretty much the only place to gather were supermarkets. And they were full all the time. No mentioning of supermarkets being superspreader areas though...

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I think this is all nonsense. Apparently, we're looking at the 3rd wave, cases spiked from 3xx to 8xx, and we're looking into opening even more things. Plenty of people outside. Shops, that have an entrance directly from the outside, have been opened around since 2 weeks ago, there were huge lines outside to enter. Judging by the newest rhetoric, the virus is aerosolised and it can travel much farther than 6 feet. So, when every business was closed (there were people working in the office spaces who don't have conditions to work from home, but since 80-90% were working from home, no danger in working from the office for the rest of the workers), pretty much the only place to gather were supermarkets. And they were full all the time. No mentioning of supermarkets being superspreader areas though...
At least in Switzerland, the third wave that is now coming is definitely due to the virus variants spreading faster than the original strain. There is absolutely no doubt about that, the evidence from the data is overwhelming. The current measures were sufficient to reduce the reproduction rate of the original strain clearly below 1, but not for the variants. I don't know whether it is the same in Lithuania.
And I don't know which part of my statement above you think is nonsense. The math is simple, certain measures reduce the reproduction rate of the virus to a certain level, if you do exactly the same measures for exactly the same duration but start earlier, you get much lower infection rates throughout the entire wave.

4921 - 4940 of 4989 Posts