Mens Tennis Forums banner

2761 - 2780 of 2780 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Spain annualized 2d quarter GDP fall of 22% thanks to the lockdown measures. These are civil war figures. How many ppl will die (already dying) due to this? Unknown yet but we will see.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Global HCQ studies

COVID-19 Treatment Analysis

PrEP – used as pre-exposure prophylaxis
PEP – used as post-exposure prophylaxis
Early – patients treated at an early stage of Covid-19
Late – patients treated at a late stage

The studies that produced negative results were for the late treatment. For all other stages of treatment (PrEP, PEP, and Early), a lot of studies studies show positive results for HCQ.

Also, there is a new free e-book available (I haven't read it yet).

https://files.internetprotocol.co/ebook-covid-19.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1uFwXu9mKwF00D8xQlXmzHnowf7Gk_WFV6-tfV_CRKlAsLbw2Igu-LftM

·
justice for all
13,474 Posts
Spain annualized 2d quarter GDP fall of 22% thanks to the lockdown measures. These are civil war figures. How many ppl will die (already dying) due to this? Unknown yet but we will see.
This is really tragic but I assume the overall 2020 forecast is better than this (?). :(
Different forecasts say Poland will suffer c.a. -5% GDP decline in total 2020.

EDIT: The EU commission update from Jul 7th says forecast for Spain for total 2020 is -11%.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
This is really tragic but I assume the overall 2020 forecast is better than this (?). :(
Different forecasts say Poland will suffer c.a. -5% GDP decline in total 2020.

EDIT: The EU commission update from Jul 7th says forecast for Spain for total 2020 is -11%.
Should improve a bit in last quarter but I doubt 11%, around 15% looks more probable.

In the meantime China economy growing while the world sinks in misery thanks to their fukin virus. Im mouthfoaming furious.

·
justice for all
13,474 Posts
Should improve a bit in last quarter but I doubt 11%, around 15% looks more probable.

In the meantime China economy growing while the world sinks in misery thanks to their fukin virus. Im mouthfoaming furious.
Yeah, it more and more looks like a planned disaster scenario by Xi Jinping.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Reactions: yellow grass

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I think there are some pretty strong signs that there is at least a certain degree of seasonality or dependency on certain conditions. Otherwise, it's fairly impossible to logically explain all the curves. For instance in Europe, I don't feel like people give too much of a fuck about most rules anymore and the (relevant) numbers are still getting close to 0 everywhere (masks or all the other useless hygiene measures certainly can't be responsible for that). Also, in basically every country that implemented the majority of their "lockdown" measures rather late, the reproduction number had already sunk under 1 anyway, natural behavioral changes seemed to be enough to end the spike there (probably beside some local immunity saturations).

On the other hand you have other places where it seems to be almost impossible to control the spread like Australia right now for instance which is obviously in the south. A German virologist has already mentioned a couple of months ago that he believes in some sort of a seasonality because 80 % of the Australian cases were imported (during their first spike) and only 20 % happenened in Australia directly while now it seems different.

Otherwise you have the South of the US where measures don't seem to have any effect either when you compare let's say California where the governor is hunting down lone surfers to Texas of Florida where measures are much more loose, but the numbers look fairly similar.

Don't know how it is in other countries but I can't see politicians even thinking about this here, they are far too busy circle jerking over their own response and in cases numbers are going to rise again in autumn they will blame it on the violation of their precious rules. :lol:
Probably going to be a really fun time, even when we had an outbreak in a slaughterhouse (approx. 1,600 positive cases, 6 hospitalizations, 0 deaths), cars with a licence plate of that region got their tires punctured and I think the foreign workers were threatened as well. :lol:
Ironically they apparently worked in a safe distance from each other (8 metres) with masks...

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Crazy scenes in Colombia. Paramilitary groups policing neighbourhoods with stricter measures than the official ones. At times not allowing even sick people to go leave their house and visit a health care center.

“In communities across Colombia, armed groups have violently enforced their own measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19,” said José Miguel Vivanco, Americas director at Human Rights Watch. “This abusive social control reflects the government’s long-standing failure to establish a meaningful state presence in remote areas of the country, including to protect at-risk populations.”

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Death trends in various countries:

Reactions: BodyServe

·
RAVE ON
18,758 Posts
VanityFair says it has a copy of a report on the White House plan for national testing.

But it seems Trump nixed it because at that time it was blue states that were suffering and Trump wanted the governors to look bad.

Shameless, if true. Murderous, actually.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
VanityFair says it has a copy of a report on the White House plan for national testing.

But it seems Trump nixed it because at that time it was blue states that were suffering and Trump wanted the governors to look bad.

Shameless, if true. Murderous, actually.
And your source for "it seems" is?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
This makes the -14% in Chile (April,May,June) look good in comparison.

Didn't the US GDP fall down 40% too?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Kodak has received a loan worth 765 million US $ from the federal government to manufacture drugs in the United States, including hydroxychloroquine.

After the announcement, Kodak shares were up 500% on Wednesday and trading had to be halted several times due to volatility.

Kodak will manufacture pharmaceutical ingredients for essential drugs experiencing shortages . According to The Wall Street Journal, this will include hydroxychloroquine, even though the FDA canceled emergency drug use for COVID-19 patients in June.

·
RAVE ON
18,758 Posts
Kodak has received a loan worth 765 million US $ from the federal government to manufacture drugs in the United States, including hydroxychloroquine.

After the announcement, Kodak shares were up 500% on Wednesday and trading had to be halted several times due to volatility.

Kodak will manufacture pharmaceutical ingredients for essential drugs experiencing shortages . According to The Wall Street Journal, this will include hydroxychloroquine, even though the FDA canceled emergency drug use for COVID-19 patients in June.
NY says Kodak was down 31% today to $14.91.
On Friday intra-day trading it hit $100.
Treasonous that Trump is giving a company $750M to manufacture the unproven hydroxychloroquine, while thousands are dying for lack of proven testing.

Probably just a vehicle for Trump cronies to make a killing.
I hope the commission carefully documents recent trading.

·
RAVE ON
18,758 Posts
Nice work by Pelosi to get Birx to tell the truth.

Then the predictable attack by Trump. He has no experts left now.

2761 - 2780 of 2780 Posts