Mens Tennis Forums banner

2421 - 2440 of 2622 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
I don't think so. How is the Portuguese inmune system different from Spaniards'? Greeks' from Italians'? The reason for disparities is the different crisis management, that's all. Those who took the appropriate measures in due time fared better.
Something is off there. Look at the compact territory of Central East Europe that fared significantly better, the most interesting thing being the difference between the west and the east of Germany in the Gulzhan's link. Below in the comments there are some German people that confirmed the data.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Brazil with almost 50'000 cases today...

US will easily reach 30'000 cases...

Madness

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Not encouraging.

Researchers based in China compared two groups of individuals infected with COVID-19 in Chongqing's Wanzhou district: 37 who showed symptoms versus 37 who did not.

The researchers analysed blood samples from both groups taken a few weeks after recovering and found that just 62.2 percent of the asymptomatic group had short-term antibodies, compared with 78.4 percent of symptomatic patients.

After eight weeks of convalescence, antibody presence had fallen in 81.1 percent of asymptomatic patients, compared with 62.2 percent of symptomatic patients.

Though this is quite a small sample size of patients, it is in line with some concerns that natural immunity to coronaviruses can be quite short-lived," said Altmann, who was not involved in the research.
Mild virus cases may bestow far lower immunity: study

·
RAVE ON
18,683 Posts
Going outside without face masks has been banned in Ankara and Istanbul from today on. This is laughable and anti-science. We are in Orwell's world now.
I thought it was science.

A study found that if you have a 21% chance of being infected by a nearby spreader without a mask, then you have a 3% chance of being infected by the same spreader in the same conditions, but with a mask.
So, a bare-faced spreader is 5 times more likely to infect you than a masked one.
Masks are not worn to protect you from the virus, but to protect others.

·
RAVE ON
18,683 Posts
What is really Orwellian is Trump’s rally tomorrow, where the great leader will speak to thousands who will Not wear masks because it is unmanly.

Or a Nebraska governor saying that mandating masks on your premises will eliminate you from receiving federal funding.

Maybe most Orwellian of all is the great leader tweeting that protestors near his rally will be treated harshly. What is more American than protesting? Or was. Visions of Stormtroopers handing out red triangles.

Liberty’s flame is flickering dangerously low these days.

·
Registered
10,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,428
I thought it was science.

A study found that if you have a 21% chance of being infected by a nearby spreader without a mask, then you have a 3% chance of being infected by the same spreader in the same conditions, but with a mask.
So, a bare-faced spreader is 5 times more likely to infect you than a masked one.
Masks are not worn to protect you from the virus, but to protect others.
but we are not talking about supermarkets or busses etc. Streets, freaking streets.

·
RAVE ON
18,683 Posts
but we are not talking about supermarkets or busses etc. Streets, freaking streets.
You are not immune when you are outdoors.
In Toronto we walk on the sidewalks and I have found it almost impossible to walk on a Toronto city sidewalk without getting within 2 metres of those that don’t care.
Especially those that are immersed in their cellphones and wander about from side to side.
I wear glasses and did not like my mask at first, but now it is the natural thing to do before leaving home.

It looks like Taiwan and S. Korea got it right, from the start. Just about everyone else got it wrong.

·
10,400 Posts
From Monday we're free again, our illegally suspended constitutional rights will be back in force.
What about Oscar?

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,724 Posts
Far easy to manage generally and you could still be infected out in the open.

·
Registered
10,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,435
Far easy to manage generally and you could still be infected out in the open.
What about all the bacteria which will occupy the mask under this crazy sun? (30-32C at the moment) even if you change it too often this will happen to your mask. Not to mention that you will start breathing CO2, because you no longer have any clean O2.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Weekly Death Toll:

21 Feb: 2,360
28 Feb: 2,923 (+563) rate of change:
06 Mar: 3,493 (+571) x1.01
13 Mar: 5,427 (+1,934) x3.39
20 Mar: 11,457 (+6,030) x3.12
27 Mar: 28,163 (+16,706) x2.77
03 Apr: 61,484 (+33,321) x1.99
10 Apr: 107,835 (+46,351) x1.39
17 Apr: 156,313 (+48,478) x1.05
24 Apr: 200,513 (+44,200) x0.91
01 May: 239,612 (+39,099) x0.88
08 May: 276,164 (+36,552) x0.93
15 May: 308,486 (+32,322) x0.88
22 May: 338,590 (+30,104) x0.93
29 May: 367,918 (+29,328) x0.97
05 Jun: 398,474 (+30,556) x1.04
12 Jun: 428,828 (+30,354) x0.99
19 Jun: 461,820 (+32,992) x1.09

Sadly, we have growth in death figures this week, with growth in nations like Peru, Russia, Mexico, India, Pakistan, Chile and continuing high figures in Brazil. USA remains high but slowing gradually, but with cases increasing in many states. Europe is reducing its numbers gradually, but overall it is not looking very good currently with cases extremely high yesterday, over 180,000!

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,724 Posts
What about all the bacteria which will occupy the mask under this crazy sun? (30-32C at the moment) even if you change it too often this will happen to your mask. Not to mention that you will start breathing CO2, because you no longer have any clean O2.
I replace my mask once a week. If not possible, sometimes you can leave it to dry in the sun and that will also help. Your own bacteria shouldn't be too much of an issue, as long as there is adequate air to allow the mask to dry after use and it doesn't form biofilm like components. Do not go out unless you absolutely need to.

And no I really can't see how you will start breathing CO2. Your mask filter is not good enough to separate air particles, especially the size of O2 and CO2.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Hydroalcoholic sanitizing hand gel had to be withdrawn because inmates were making "cubatas" (originally rum + coke) with it and getting mighty drunk. Just happened at a women's prison here near Barcelona.

·
RAVE ON
18,683 Posts
Come again? Especially the last sentence. I think oxygen is always oxygen. It doesn’t get dirty.

2421 - 2440 of 2622 Posts