Mens Tennis Forums banner

2121 - 2140 of 2302 Posts

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
CHINA MUST PAY FOR THIS.
If the virus did came out of a lab, us Europeans have some answers to give too as that P4 would never have existed without us in the first place.

Then again, it's anyone guess why wet markets have been allowed to persist.

·
RAVE ON
18,508 Posts
Minister of Health resigned in Brazil, and he was the one who replaced the former minister of health few weeks ago, who also got removed from post by Bolsonaro....geez.. @Ilovetheblues_86 what the hell is going on?
Just the same reason that Trump is going through Inspectors General like they were Big Macs.

They won’t lie for him.

·
RAVE ON
18,508 Posts
Weekly Death Toll

21 Feb: 2,360
28 Feb: 2,923 (+563) rate of change:
06 Mar: 3,493 (+571) x1.01
13 Mar: 5,427 (+1,934) x3.39
20 Mar: 11,457 (+6,030) x3.12
27 Mar: 28,160 (+16,703) x2.77
03 Apr: 61,465 (+33,305) x1.99
10 Apr: 107,781 (+45,370) x1.36
17 Apr: 156,218 (+48,437) x1.07
24 Apr: 200,381 (+44,163) x0.91
01 May: 239,447 (+39,067) x0.88
08 May: 275,976 (+36,529) x0.94
15 May: 308,154 (+32,178) x0.88

Once again a decline in overall death figures week on week. European regions are generally improving pretty well, America showing some limited progress, we will see how the easing of restrictions impacts these areas. India has steady increase in fatalities as does Canada and Russia but places like Ecuador, Mexico and Brazil show big increases in cases and death figures.
That is because Canada flattened the curve. There is not a steady increase in fatalities according to the charts I see, unless you are talking actual deaths, which can only increase. The death rate in Canada is flat, but still below most countries that have seen big decreases. That is simply because the other countries had such huge maximum death rates.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
China, the source of outbreak and king of discretion and censorship, apparently reports 3,000 less deaths than ventilator heaven Germany. They are full of shite, sorry.
Ventilators have probably killed much more people than they saved though. In order to save a person with a ventilator you need someone who is strong enough to survive this very invasive operation but at the same time has developed severe symptoms that made this procedure necessary; which has obviously happened, but only very rarely. On the other hand, most people put onto ventilators (i.e. with severe symptoms) are the ones with severe comorbidities who very rarely survive this operation (that's why the percentage of people surviving after being put onto ventilators with COVID is much lower than "normal") and if they do they often end up heavily disabled. I read from a palliative doctor that most people in carehomes that were asked (doesn't happen too often because ventilation earns hospitals plenty of money) even rejected this procedure (that's what I'd do as well).
I believe that of the people who were put onto ventilators because their oxygen level fell under the critical limit, more could have recovered with a more conservative non-invasive oxygen supply.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Okay, at least we have an explanation now why your evaluation is so far from reality. :lol:

In fact I was rather conservative here with my interval to definitely get it right. It's mostly common sense when you have around 50 % of asymptomatic carriers and also a large portion of people with pretty mild symptoms that the majority probably won't relate to COVID. But if you are obsessive with numbers, the New York Antibody Study for instance delivered a result around 10 times as high as the official count (20 % to 2 % IIRC). Heinsberg Germany 5 times as high I think.
that's exactly my point anyway, deviation in case fatality rate in comparison to countries with excessive testing like the arab emirates are most likely because of insufficient testing, regardless if the testing at such figures might be a tricky task.
spain for example revealed this antibody study accross the whole country, revealing max. 14.2 percent infections in most affected areas to 5 percent overall.
i'd take those figures with a grain of salt tho because as of now the antibody testing kits are still considered to be not that reliable, but i certainly do subscribe to the notion in most countries with low to average testing perecentages the official figures of positive test are well below the actual figures. and still: i'd also subscribe to an estimation the death rate of covid is at around 1 percent.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
^ Yeah, antibody-tests definitely are error-prone. I think on one side they can also detect antibodies against other types of coronaviruses and they definitely don't detect every infection (Oliver Pocher + wife for instance). I don't know how many PCR-positives have been tested for antibodies to validate the latter test, bit I'd assume 'false negatives' aren't that rare when there is a pretty decent amount of people without or with only mild symptoms, therefore probably with only a mild immune response/not too many antibodies, that at the same time continuosly get degraded the body.

I'd say antibody-tests overrate the number of infections in regions with a low amount infections and underrate the number of infections in "hotspots".

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
That is because Canada flattened the curve. There is not a steady increase in fatalities according to the charts I see, unless you are talking actual deaths, which can only increase. The death rate in Canada is flat, but still below most countries that have seen big decreases. That is simply because the other countries had such huge maximum death rates.
Youre correct actually my mistake I hadn't realised the rate was more or less linear for a while now

·
The special one
14,042 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,637 Posts

·
RAVE ON
18,508 Posts
Manipulation of data not just in China?
It is the new Trump philosophy.

Faced with a report, commissioned by his own administration, that showed that hydroxychloroquine was of no use in treating coronavirus and may even be harmful, Trump immediately labeled the report as anti-Trump for not concluding what he believes. So demented is he that he really does believe that what he wants to be the truth actually is the truth. Anything else is fake and produced by Democrats.

And Americans are buying into this now.
About as many as vote for Trump believe the earth is 4000 years old.
And about the same believe that vaccines are harmful.
And about the same believe there is no coronavirus, it is a Democratic hoax.
And about the same believe that Obama is a Muslim.
I could go on, but...___

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
So here is some shocking conclusion. Looks like all classic power hungry "alpha male", who shits on scientific facts and will do anything to cash it some money, all fail spectacularely in handling the corona crisis.

No word needs to be said about Trump.

But Bolsonaro from Brasil really trying hard to outdumb Trump. Death count per day over 1'000.

Then there is Boris Johnson. Then there is Vladimir Putin. That nutcase in Belarus. They all fucked up, and the virus is raging in their countries.

You know what, I may have an idea. Why dont you just FUCKING don't vote for this utter morons in the future?

·
justice for all
13,161 Posts
So here is some shocking conclusion. Looks like all classic power hungry "alpha male", who shits on scientific facts and will do anything to cash it some money, all fail spectacularely in handling the corona crisis.

No word needs to be said about Trump.

But Bolsonaro from Brasil really trying hard to outdumb Trump. Death count per day over 1'000.

Then there is Boris Johnson. Then there is Vladimir Putin. That nutcase in Belarus. They all fucked up, and the virus is raging in their countries.

You know what, I may have an idea. Why dont you just FUCKING don't vote for this utter morons in the future?
Get real, mate. Trump and Johnson fine but the rest of them? There are no real free elections in Russia, Belarus and Brazil and Putin who has been in power for 20 years has just enforced the amendment which will allow him to prolong his rule by another 4 years after 2024.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Get real, mate. Trump and Johnson fine but the rest of them? There are no real free elections in Russia, Belarus and Brazil and Putin who has been in power for 20 years has just enforced the amendment which will allow him to prolong his rule by another 4 years after 2024.
That is true, of course.

When change by vote is not possible, people must revolt. The world can not longer afford to be lead by such utter morons.

2121 - 2140 of 2302 Posts