Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Registered
So far , Corona has one week at 1 spot. How many, remains to be seen. Most likely its gonna hold it through the whole summer

|
Nobody even remembers how many weeks each player has at #1.
I mean if you do a survey of all the tennis commentators, I bet most of them won't be able to tell you how many weeks Rafa, Djokovic and Federer have at #1.
And 99.99% of the population absolutely won't be able to tell you.
Its all about 20 vs. 19 vs. 17, and nothing else.

Registered
This coronavirus is one heck of a player. Just sweeps through the draw with ease, grinding his opponents into submission. Every one of his opponents ends up choking! I don't think I've ever seen such fluid movement before.

Registered
Race to London:
1. Djokovic - 3165 pts
2. Corona - 2000 pts
3. Thiem - 1355 pts

Corona point breakdown:
IW: 1000 pts
Miami: 1000 pts
Corona also swept first part of the clay season and is favoured to take its first GS. King of Clay will face his toughest challenge to date.

Registered
Nobody even remembers how many weeks each player has at #1.
I mean if you do a survey of all the tennis commentators, I bet most of them won't be able to tell you how many weeks Rafa, Djokovic and Federer have at #1.
And 99.99% of the population absolutely won't be able to tell you.
Its all about 20 vs. 19 vs. 17, and nothing else.
Well reasonable tennis fans do, who look up all important stats and those who are curious and therefore all of them will see how many weeks a player has and then they will think of it and make their own judge. Every tennis commentators has all the stats reachable for his job. They will know because they will get the information delivery all the time at work.
And who cares for the 99.99 % of the population ? We only care about the ones who follow tennis a actively.

And for us it is not only about 20, 19, 17. We are tennis fans. We do our maths. We know a lot more.

Reactions: RocketMan70

Registered
Due to lockdown, Djokovic overtakes Sampras at the #2 spot "Weeks at #1" list.

Reactions: RocketMan70

Administrator | Wikidrawbot
Race to London:
1. Djokovic - 3165 pts
2. Corona - 2000 pts
3. Thiem - 1355 pts

Corona point breakdown:
IW: 1000 pts
Miami: 1000 pts
Without even dropping a set, let alone losing its serve once! Guess we gotta bow down

justice for all
Will Corona finally beat the invincible Rafa at Roland Garros?

Now even if Djokovic passes Fed at weeks at no1 his record will be asterisked forever.

Registered
Corona gonna stop Nadal from getting the slam record

Registered
Will Corona finally beat the invincible Rafa at Roland Garros?

Now even if Djokovic passes Fed at weeks at no1 his record will be asterisked forever.
It wont be if Djokovic gets another 6-15 weeks (depends on how long tournaments get cancelled due to the virus) on top of the 310 weeks. Then his record will be praised forever. Dont forget Nadals cheap 2013, 2019 and Murrays 2016 season ending bonus which were Djokovic's if we are all honest with us. He is the consistent one.

Registered
Gotta agree with the posters above. This new guy, Corona, will be year-end number one for 2020. Don't expect any fan-favorite awards, though

1 - 20 of 42 Posts