Votes: 22 45.8%
  • The Kokk

Votes: 26 54.2%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coric are rank above right now have a more consistent game, but have coric the firepower to win big or he will be the new simon?

The kokk have the firepower but can be consistent enough to win big?

Who will have a better carrier?

·
Banned
858 Posts
Kokk will win at least 5 slams. He has the most complete game and best body for tennis. Coric with that forehand will do shit.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I think Kokkinakis is more developed when it comes to his game. He has more weapons. I think Coric is ahead of any other teenager when it comes to physicality and mentality. Would really wanna see these two play each other soon.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
I think Kokkinakis is more developed when it comes to his game. He has more weapons. I think Coric is ahead of any other teenager when it comes to physicality and mentality. Would really wanna see these two play each other soon.
Coric is seven months younger, though.

Not negligible for 18 y.o. players in every respect.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
To young to tell.18-21 is the time when players develop their skills hugely.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Kokkinakis has better technique but Coric will probably have slightly better career. Movement and endurance are crucial in today's tennis and taller players like Kokkinakis and Kyrgios will have a big problem with this. Unfortunately, I envision injuries as well...

·
Banned
108 Posts
I'm not gonna vote because I'm Kokk lover (no ****). But I think Coric will make better career. Coric is far superior movement wise, in defense, more intelligent, more driven and more room to improve. Kokk has more weapons, better talented offensively, and more relaxed and likable person which might be his doom. He'll end up satisfied being solid, while Borna is driven, more determined to succeed. After all psychology is the most important factor in sports.

It's unlikely Coric will be next Simon, I've seen him play and he has potential to develop offensive game. He just needs to work on his serve and relax his forehand and he'll break into top 10 soon. Kokk won't be nearly as consistent as him.

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
Kokk will win at least 5 slams. He has the most complete game and best body for tennis. Coric with that forehand will do shit.
:spit:

Hear my words, a 196cm lanky tennis player will never be a #1 in the 21st century.

Marat Safin(193cm) is the tallest player to ever be #1, and that was for 9 weeks during a weak era. He also crushed Kokkinakis in every segment of the game.

But yeah, he might win slams.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Still too early to pick really, and I like Coric, but my vote is for the Kokk.

Has more obvious weapons; tall tennis players seems to be the new world order dictated by racket technology and court speeds; and the Kokk has very good movement for someone so tall.

And don't mistake that aussie laid back off-court public persona for a lack of competitive spirit - his on court willingness to battle it out and turn things around even when three sets down and with someone serving for the match against him (not to mention those epic celebrations esp at AO) say otherwise.

The thing I both like and find a tad frustrating about the Kokk has been his consistent strategy of playing at a tour level above his ranking (futures instead of juniors; challenger qualies instead of futures; tour qualies over challengers) to invest in match experience even at cost of moving up rankings faster. But seems to be paying off now in very rapid improvement, and can only see that continuing to accelerate.

The Kokk also seems to have made a big investment in fitness, training with his local footie team both in Oz and Dubai which is paying off.

Coric was first to jump up the rankings, but Kokk first to make a deep run at a top level tournie. Both clearly have the potential to go all the way. Should be an interesting rivalry.

·
Registered
19,556 Posts
I'm not gonna vote because I'm Kokk lover (no ****). But I think Coric will make better career. Coric is far superior movement wise, in defense, more intelligent, more driven and more room to improve. Kokk has more weapons, better talented offensively, and more relaxed and likable person which might be his doom. He'll end up satisfied being solid, while Borna is driven, more determined to succeed. After all psychology is the most important factor in sports.

It's unlikely Coric will be next Simon, I've seen him play and he has potential to develop offensive game. He just needs to work on his serve and relax his forehand and he'll break into top 10 soon. Kokk won't be nearly as consistent as him.
lots of truth in your post
Kokkinakis might be the more talented player, though he will always struggle to translate it to match wins against the top guys. While Coric is somewhat fearless and will have the ability to adapt more, in some Nadalesque way. He needs to develop himself much more though, especially his FH, no doubt...

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
lots of truth in your post
Kokkinakis might be the more talented player, though he will always struggle to translate it to match wins against the top guys. While Coric is somewhat fearless and will have the ability to adapt more, in some Nadalesque way. He needs to develop himself much more though, especially his FH, no doubt...
Don't see why you think Kokk will be less consistent/struggle to win against top players. Several matches this year show he is completely fearless and will fight to the last breath against top ranked players (and win).

Last year he was certainly the more inconsistent, but that has turned around this year, not much between them really, but Kokk has the edge: win-loss ratios, 7-7 for the Kokk, plus 8-0 in qualies; 7-9 for Coric, 4-0 qualies.

Real issue is potential for development, and Kokk has it.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,627 Posts
I don't find both of their play styles all that appealing tbh, even though I am an Aussie supporting guys like Kokkinakis.
Early days but both could work on their gameplan to maximise their assets, they play too far behind the baseline sometimes, and Coric seems to generally respond to shots. Kokkinakis has a better FH for sure and Coric the better backhand. Serve could be better still for both of them.
It's far too early to say anything about career trajectories yet.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Kokkinakis is very simple for top player and he 's not Bird and not Man Ace from big cold country. He never will be in Top 10. Coric will be there.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Coric is slam material. Kokk would at best win a challenger. stupid question.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Coric is slam material. Kokk would at best win a challenger. stupid question.
Right. And that would be why Kokk has already reached 4th round of a masters...(while Coric hasn't gotten past R2 as yet). And why Kokk is 2-2 at gs level, (Coric 1-2).

Don't understand why bornatards feel the need to put down all his potential rivals. Speculate on how they can go, sure, but honestly.

The reality is that the class of 96 (including also Chung, and others like Donaldson, and maybe Garin, Halys and Quinzi) is shaping up to be a great crop of tennis players. Let's rejoice instead in the fact that tennis has a better future ahead than one might have foreseen until recently given generation useless...

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Right. And that would be why Kokk has already reached 4th round of a masters...(while Coric hasn't gotten past R2 as yet). And why Kokk is 2-2 at gs level, (Coric 1-2).

Don't understand why bornatards feel the need to put down all his potential rivals. Speculate on how they can go, sure, but honestly.

The reality is that the class of 96 (including also Chung, and others like Donaldson, and maybe Garin, Halys and Quinzi) is shaping up to be a great crop of tennis players. Let's rejoice instead in the fact that tennis has a better future ahead than one might have foreseen until recently given generation useless...
Agreed! But only Borna is great deal (even if he will lose 30 matches!!! in row from now)!:wavey::eek:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts