• David Nalbandian

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The press and the people here are talking too much about this match. They say it´s very speciall for both of them, more than a final. A kind of "Classic".
The reason is that they both made her juniors career together, playing doubles and playing singles in the same tournaments. They have face each other in a Rolland Garros juniors final.
But when they become pro, Guillermo didn´t rise so soon like David and his career was stopped for a lesion and for the "dopping trouble"
But now Coria is perhaps in her best moment, he is playing better, he is not trowing the racquet to the floor, and getting excellents results.
But if he is in her best moment ¿what about David? He is a top ten and he is playing like that, like one of the best players of the world. Very confidente, very strong, he doesn´t give a chance to her rivals.
Coria has played 6 sets (3 vs Acasuso and 3 vs Zabaleta), David only 4 but he played a 2 hourd doubles match with Lucas Arnold to defeat Kuerten/Sa in doubles late last night.

Head to Head
The have meet one time:
Lima 2000 (Clay) Coria won 6-2 6-7 6-1
Very tight and a long time ago. Same surface, but they were still entering into the pros

Note: David was born in 1/1/1982 and the "mago" Coria 13/1/1982, only 12 days between them.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I want Coria to win...mainly becos I want another Argentinian in the top 50....and I think he'll make it this year...

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
If Coria can break the top 20 in the first half of the year, then one fifth of the top 25 will be argentines... and if Gaudio keeps it up, they would make up 1/4 of the top 20 ;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
well...he's only 20-21....shouldn't be anything wrong with him... he had blisters in AO....but when u play Agassi ofcoure ur gonna have blisters....it's all dat running around...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yeah....so they've got age on their side...
I predict in the next 2 yrs... you'll find that Argentinians will dominate the top 20....

Guys like Nalbandian, Canas, Gaudio, Chela, Coria, Acasuso will probabaly stay at the top for awhile...they're all pretty young...

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
It's pretty hard to decide for one of them to win the match. I think David is not yet in a great level, but I don't know yet what's the level either of Coria, but I know he could beat David.

I like both of them!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have seen them both playing live this week:

Last monday David won easy over Vicente but he wasn´t playing "excellent". On monday night too, I saw Coria winning in 3 sets over Acasuso. I don´t like "chucho" but I recognize he is a great player, he is more than Vicente (David´s rival last monday) and he won the second set.
So I can say David is playing in a level 75 % and Coria 90 % I´m sure we still havn´t seen the best that Willy Coria can give us.
If you ask me, I think the winner will be David Nalbandian, specially because the people will cheer for him.

About argentinians close to the top 20, don´t forget that Mariano Zabaleta is rising again, take care about him.
And I pray for a resurrection of Franco Squillari, I like him since years ago (well, he has my age, he is getting old :sad: like me)

We are very proud of our players and very proud for having our own ATP tourney again. Clarisa, Paola, Maria Emilia and Gisela are waiting for a WTA event here, but the people doesn´t support them like they support the boys.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Hopefully Argentina will be able to hold on to their tournament. It would be awful if they didn't get to see all their great players at home :sad:

If you ask me, I think the winner will be David Nalbandian, specially because the people will cheer for him.
I meant to ask; who is the crowd fave out of the Argies? I can see David over Coria, because of his Wimbledon success. But what about Canas, when he plays? Or Gaudio, because of his Davis Cup success?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I like tha Argentinian players becos they are consistent... they play hard and they play fair.... the matches I've seen...

Coria v Canas... they both got pretty crappy calls from umpire... but they went on with it....

Plus... Maradonna is GOD.... he's my HERO (despite the drugs)... he's not afraid to speak his mind...

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Well I think I'll support Coria on this one, even if Nalbandian is favourite - at least Nalbandian didn't have the wrong first name put down on the poll.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts