Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Chiudi-fan
75,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it's maybe interesting to know how Coria plays against other players. I know you can also find it on atptennis.com. But maybe it's easier when we have it in this forum....

·
Chiudi-fan
75,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Coria vs. Agassi 1-2

2003 --> Roland Garros (clay)- coria - 4 6 6 3 6 2 6 4
2003 --> Australian Open (hard)- agassi - 1 6 1 3
2002 --> Cinciniati TMS (hard)- agassi - 0 6 2 6

·
Chiudi-fan
75,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coria vs. Ferrero 0-2

2003 --> Monte Carlo (clay) - Ferrero - 2 6 2 6
2002 --> Roland Garros (clay) - Ferrero - 2 6 3 6 3 6

·
Chiudi-fan
75,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting for the Safin fans: they never played against each other
Just like Federer and Guille did never play against each other...

Soon I'll post more head to heads

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Coria completely and totally OWNS the other Argies. He's something like 324234093284293-2 against them. Only Chela and Gaudio have beaten him (once each) and that was back when he was 12.. or something like that. No wonder they all hate him ;)

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
lol
yeah whats that thing between him and gaudio about?!

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
ohh ok i had kinda known about that story vaguely but i wasnt sure if there was something that had happened before that? thanks for clearing that up and hope they can put that behidn them...they are probably both professional enough to do so for DC sake..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: Re: Coria head to head

aprillej26 said:
Did Gaudio really hit Guille? :mad:
well, yeah that's what i heard and they said it on tv a couple of times...Guille said it wasn't that serious, they just had an arguement and Gaudio didn't hit him...but who knows

·
Registered
769 Posts
Re: Re: Coria head to head

Oh that stupid Gaudio is a jelous freak, because before Guille turned pro we all (argentinians) thought Gaudio was really great.
Mariano Zabaleta doesn't hate Guille, they are friends. Guille said in an interview that he really appreciated Mariano becasue when he had recently turned pro he gave him a lot of advice. And i've seen a lot of pictures of Coria and Nalbandian together, so i don't think they hate each other either.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
i see 'corias_fangurl' disappeared from these boards some time ago...

so what's this about? oh, i was just dusting the old shelves!! i went back and dug this out...the very oldest thread on record, from 2003.

Chiudi-fan, I'm liking this attempt to catalog his H2H..."let's see... :rolleyes: agassi, losing record...what about ferrero :rolleyes: ...hmmm, yes, there it is again...losing record...well, not against FEDERER! they haven't played..." :lol:
well, luckily those H2H's have evened out more now!! (except for with federer of course)

and i like how the perception of guille then was that he always beat the south americans, and specifically argentinians. i mean...he DID but its too bad that has completely crumbled now. it was true...until the....FO-04.
:( ...still pissed about that.

by the way, anyone SEE that coria/gaudio 03 semi? my perception was that coria was rolling, and had NO REASON to fake an injury, even though it happened suddenly. why fake an injury at 40-15 serving to get into a tiebreaker? and even though he lost the tie-break, guille DID ROLL 6-0 in the 3rd. its not as though coria 'faking' an injury time out to get a leg message can be used to explain the cause for gaudio's inability to get even 1 game in the final set.

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
Oh, don't talk about the French Open. It was so awful. I was listening to it on audio because I had no tv broadcast. I got so distraught I started cleaning house like a maniac.

At least I had a clean house at the end of it.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
star said:
Oh, don't talk about the French Open. It was so awful. I was listening to it on audio because I had no tv broadcast. I got so distraught I started cleaning house like a maniac.

At least I had a clean house at the end of it.
i was talking about the 2003 hamburg match, but i have to say...that french open drama made me love guille more than i probably ever could. its a truly epic tragedy of the hero in classic proportion, especially because gaudio was so unworthy...as a human being, that is. i look at that match with great pride. there is injustice in the world, yes, and that is what we saw...but the first two sets & much of the third, until the french crowd performed that bizarre resurrection, was extraordinary art. what a fantastic display, and the closest to an 'honorary champion' an event could ever have had.

you know how achilles was perfect except this one spot on his heel? guille was that good at that moment.

ironically, i think coria's namesake vilas won 6-0 6-3 6-0 in the 77 french final, which was identical in the first 2 sets to guille's scores that day! but sometimes we must experience a victory from inside ourselves when the external results just dont fall into place. :) just an opinion...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone know coria's Head 2 head with Roddick? I think coria has never beaten him, which bothers me. i wish coria could get him on clay next year and crush him, but i don't think he'll ever get the chance. roddick plays almost none of the big clay tournaments in europe. and the ones he does play in, he never makes it very far. as long as he and coria are both seeded in a clay tournament, i don't think roddick will ever make it far enough to face him.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts