Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I really don't understand his choice not to play RG Junior.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Recent Interview & Update on Corentin

Corentin Moutet resumed training on Monday. Presented as the future of French tennis, the young player of 16, 828th world player in the ATP rankings, has successfully treated an injury to the ankle. Tennis News contacted him for news before discussing his future, his managing expectations, experience at Roland Garros or the rumor of a collaboration with Nicolas Escudé. Interview.

Corentin, how are you? You have not played since late May ...

I got injured at the ankle just after the French Open qualifying. It's been four months that I do not play. I've seen doctors. Now I am healed. I'll start back gradually. I did not date in mind for the resumption and programming. I'll start in tournaments when I go back to my maximum level, not before. I want to be 100% physically but also feel good again on the court, be totally ready to play.

This injury is a small setback for you or was it a bit more morally significant?

It's always a shame to be hurt. We are always happy to play, to train, to live our passion but now, the injury allowed me to understand and to step back on certain things. I think it made me grow. When you get into the goal to make a career we know there will be injuries. I did with trying to fully optimize this. I shot good things of the injury. I will try to the best possible start.

Looking back, how would you rate your experience at Roland Garros?

This match against Michael Berrer (Editor's note: lost in the first round of qualifying, he was a beneficiary of a wild card) was a very good experience for a first in the senior tournament. I think it was not too early, contrary to what some have thought. I was fortunate that the Federation gives me an invitation. Emotionally I was not very well managed the game. After, there was a match, a fight. The score is severe enough. I found myself facing a stronger opponent. I have not made the best match and I'm a bit disappointed about it but it is a very good experience and I hope to relive it next year.

"There is still a long way"

The public has found you this year Porte d'Auteuil. Your way to emotionally handle the game had generated some criticism ...

People have seen the match but they did not see the work that is done behind. They tend to criticize and easy to focus on the negatives. Although I was very nervous and I was not necessarily a great game but there were positive points. I spent a lot of first serves and I had good efficiency in the service. After nervousness obvious people because I'm 16, I played on the court face Berrer and I broke a racket. I agree that this may shock. Their opinion is interesting but after I find they criticize too much without seeing the difficulties of the thing. I accept all the same criticisms when warranted.

How do you manage your status "Hope No. 1 French tennis" as can be read on certain media?

I normally manage because when you look in the other countries, there are many players of my age who start arriving or play better than me. In France all quickly takes a lot of momentum. After I played well this year but hey I still can not make a living with tennis, I'm 800th world. There is still a long way. I have no pressure. For the moment I did not do anything and there is everything to gain, everything to do.

What is your relationship with the FFT?

They help me. They are listening, trying to find the best solution for me. They are always present. They gave me a physical trainer. They are always there to help me and want the best for me. This is not in any country like that. Thank you to them. It is in very good agreement and I hope it will last. There is no reason (smile).

"A discussion with Escudé and that's it"

Your association with Nicolas Coutelot ended in April. Can you return to this collaboration and explain why it is no longer relevant?

I will not explain the reasons of the judgment because it is between him and me. We stopped on good terms. It was a good collaboration. He brought me a lot and I really progressed with him. I also brought him because I think it was one of his first collaborations as a player-coach. I want to thank him. There was that bonus. We keep in touch. All is well.

There was a rumor Nicolas Escudé could become your new coach ...

I do not have a coach right now so some coaches have canvassed, I have canvassed other etc ... There has been a discussion with Escudé but it stops there. We could associate this rumor to other coaches. I do not train with Escudé. There is nothing done, nothing signed. There just had a discussion.

Are there a coach who holds the rope?

For now I will focus on my tennis. I resume Monday. I will focus on it. I am very happy to play again and I do not think too much about my next coach yet. I think back to my tennis. This may change in three weeks, a month. My ankle is getting better so I'm going to think well recall the feeling.

"I want to win a Grand Slam"

Your parents are striving they that you stay within your bubble, but you already ignite?

My parents are there to guide me and help me. They come very well to manage the fact of indent, not to enter the circle of coaches as it is not their job. He manages to make sense of things. It's pretty cool because when I get home we are not talking necessarily of my tennis day of my programming etc ... They are there to show me the right path in good times and bad.

What do you work for the points to take a course and besides, what would be the next course to cross?

I think it is mostly in the head and not necessarily when we want tennis turned a corner. When we realize that we have the level to beat some players on course happens automatically. These are psychological caps. When one is 15 and that one realizes that they are not unbeatable second series we pass a course. I began Futures. I think I'll work hard my service. After I'll try to go inside on the ATP Tour, climb in rankings ect ... I take things as they come.

Arnaud Di Pasquale believes your maturity is "quite impressive." How do you stay humble while friends of the same age are not publicized them not at all like you?

While traveling and we do many things that others do not but I find that sitting on a chair, get up early, get the LAC and the patent, it's hard. I tried to do a few years and I gave up. I'm not going to school because I find it too hard to follow both. There is no reason to take the big head. Everyone does his thing. Make ten years of studies is just as respectable a tennis career. These are not the same pain or the same effort but I find it so respectable. There is no reason to ignite, to believe himself above because it is not over.

Many hopes want to be world No. 1 and nothing else. How does this work for you?

I have goals in mind. I will not reveal all of them because it is important not to reveal his game right away. Obviously everyone wants to be No. 1 worldwide. After I do not know what to do to be # 1 because I've never been (smile). My goal would be to win a Grand Slam, to lift the cup in front full of people. Being world No. 1 is top too but it is not more attractive than winning a Grand Slam. There is certainly leading but ... I do not know the emotion it brings. I'd like to win a Grand Slam to know those emotions.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Corentin Moutet played his first junior event at Junior french open this week. lost in the third round to one finalist Geoffrey Blancaneaux in tight three sets match :hug:

Roland Garros Junior French Championships

R1: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) d. Khumoyun SULTONOV (UZB) 7-5 6-2
R2: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) d. John MCNALLY (USA) [15] 6-3 7-6(3)
R3: Geoffrey BLANCANEAUX (FRA) d. Corentin MOUTET (FRA) 7-5 3-6 7-5

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
into the final at European Junior Championships plays the number 1 seed Stefanos Tsitsipas.

2016 European Junior Championships

R1: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) BYE
R2: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) d. Feliksas SAKALAUSKAS (LTU) 6-3 6-2
R3: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) d. Jurij RODIONOV (AUT) [5] 6-2 6-4
R4: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) d. Kacper ZUK (POL) [9] 6-2 6-1
QF: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) d. Luca KEIST (SUI) 6-0 6-1
SF: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) d. Marvin MOELLER (GER) [8] 6-1 6-7(3) 6-3
F: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) vs Stefanos TSITSIPAS (GRE) [1]

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Updated from his U.S. Jr. results, lost in the third round Corentin :hug: , I wonder will he play the Junior slams next yr or stay focus on the pro ITF events only

US Open Junior Tennis Championship

R1: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) d. Ezekiel CLARK (USA) 6-1 2-0 Retired
R2: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) d. Louis WESSELS (GER) [16] 6-3 5-7 7-6(4)
R3: Khumoyun SULTONOV (UZB) d. Corentin MOUTET (FRA) 6-7(3) 7-5 6-4

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Corentin has won 2 ITF singles titles back2back in recent weeks last weeks in Ukraine and now this week in Croatia.

Croatia F8 Futures

R1: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) d. Filipp KEKERCHENI (UKR) [8] 7-5 6-4
R2: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) d. Ricardo URZUA-RIVERA (CHI) 6-2 6-3
QF: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) d. Riccardo BELLOTTI (ITA) [1] 6-2 7-5
SF: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) d. Mike URBANIJA (SLO) 7-6(3) 6-0
F: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) d. Nino SERDARUSIC (CRO) [5] 6-2 7-6(1)

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
For past two weeks results Corentin won the warm-up event heading into the Aussie Open AGL Loy Yang Traralgon Junior International, but lost in the SF at the Australian Open Junior Championships to Zsombor Piros where he was the Fave to win. Corentin :hug: still good couple weeks.

AGL Loy Yang Traralgon Junior International G1

R1: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) [6] d. Ming Chun Alan SOU (HKG) 6-3 6-1
R2: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) [6] d. Dane SWEENY (AUS) 6-1 6-1
R3: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) [6] d. Chun Hsin TSENG (TPE) 6-1 6-1
QF: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) [6] d. Ergi KIRKIN (TUR) [13] 6-1 6-3
SF: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) [6] d. Marvin MOELLER (GER) [3] 6-3 7-5
F: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) [6] d. Zsombor PIROS (HUN) [16] 7-5 6-3

Australian Open Junior Championships GA

R1: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) [5] d. Ken CAVRAK (AUS) 6-0 6-1
R2: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) [5] d. Vlad Andrei DANCU (ROU) 6-1 6-3
R3: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) [5] d. Shinji HAZAWA (JPN) 6-3 6-2
QF: Corentin MOUTET (FRA) [5] d. Emil RUUSUVUORI (FIN) 6-4 6-0
SF: Zsombor PIROS (HUN) [15] d. Corentin MOUTET (FRA) [5] 6-3, 6-4

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw him play against de Schepper yesterday in Cherbourg.

I was quite impressed. He seemed the most complete player on court, was trying to move De Schepper around. He has a lovely touch. Some beautiful dropshots, and a veeery good forehand passing shot on the run.

There was a few bad calls against him too, including one that should have given him three break points in the first set. It was always going to be a frustrating match for a young player, and experience prevailed. Still, he was a break up in the second set, and I would have loved to see a third one.

Corentin is a very "chatty" player, answering to a spectator who was telling him not to give up, and even sitting on court out of frustration after a bad call. :lol: People were obviously rooting for him.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Thanks for the details, I heard he has very good touch and field from few other people as well. but some people has also said he has an bad attitude :lol: I still have yet to see him play so I can't wait till he make it big on tour

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Made the SF in an Challenger event last week, doing well on the pro tour so far :yeah:

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Roland Garros Junior French Championships, GA

(14) Rudolf Molleker (GER) v Alejandro Davidovich Fokina (ESP)
Axel Geller (ARG) v Alexandre Rotsaert (USA)
Alexey Zakharov (RUS) v Zizou Bergs (BEL)
Emil Ruusuvuori (FIN) v (2) Corentin Moutet (FRA)

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Into MD of Aussie Open got an WC

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Into the second round at French Open beat Dr Ivo

41 - 60 of 60 Posts