Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: Corbyn: "The UK must condemn Israel's killings and freeze arms sales to Israel"

So the seven Labour MPs who resigned because of increasing antisemitism in their Party know less about this than you do?
If they have no solid arguments to make the claims, then one is entitled to be doubtful of their real motives, especially when some of them have known ties -going from PR to monetary funding- to Israel lobby groups and even Israel Embassy officials.

·
RAVE ON
18,769 Posts
Re: Corbyn: "The UK must condemn Israel's killings and freeze arms sales to Israel"

If they have no solid arguments to make the claims, then one is entitled to be doubtful of their real motives, especially when some of them have known ties -going from PR to monetary funding- to Israel lobby groups and even Israel Embassy officials.
If you have no solid argument to make the claims, then I am entitled to be doubtful of your real motives.

It is amusing that from Chile, you understand the British Labour Party better than actual members of the Labour Party.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

If you have no solid argument to make the claims, then I am entitled to be doubtful of your real motives.

It is amusing that from Chile, you understand the British Labour Party better than actual members of the Labour Party.
Obviously I don't, but I read what I can.

Joan Ryan in particular, one of the MP who quit Labour in protest of Corbyn's antisemitism, has a pretty shady history of using the antisemitism card and ties to the Israel Embassy.

Take a look at this: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/israel-lobby-anti-semitism-battle-uk-labour-party-170113073206692.html

·
RAVE ON
18,769 Posts

The UK Human Rights Commission believes that the Labour Party may have illegally discriminated against people on the basis of their ethnicity and religious beliefs.
It is considering opening an investigation.

·
RAVE ON
18,769 Posts
And this topic ends with the Labour Party agreeing now to pay damages to 7 whistleblowers who spoke out on anti-Semitism within the Labour Party - as well as to a BBC reporter that was maligned for reporting on the anti-Semitism.

·
Registered
10,422 Posts
Another total failure of leadership from the upper ranks of the Labour Party. I wonder how many more people will be leaving the party this week. They should cancel their direct debits and pressure the unions to stop making donations if this is how the party is going to waste their hard earned money.

The leaked report into the supposedly endemic antisemitism was fascinating. Highly damning toward the influential anti-Corbyn figures within the Labour Party, who consistently exploited the issue to sabotage his leadership. He, of course, did too little to defend himself, as trying to take a conciliatory approach toward people who despised him and wanted him to lose the election.

This has been a gift to the Tories (though less damaging to Labour's prospects in the end than the absurd obsession with cancelling Brexit).

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Another total failure of leadership from the upper ranks of the Labour Party. I wonder how many more people will be leaving the party this week. They should cancel their direct debits and pressure the unions to stop making donations if this is how the party is going to waste their hard earned money.

The leaked report into the supposedly endemic antisemitism was fascinating. Highly damning toward the influential anti-Corbyn figures within the Labour Party, who consistently exploited the issue to sabotage his leadership. He, of course, did too little to defend himself, as trying to take a conciliatory approach toward people who despised him and wanted him to lose the election.

This has been a gift to the Tories (though less damaging to Labour's prospects in the end than the absurd obsession with cancelling Brexit).

you were pretty anti-Israel though, praising heavily Corbyn for this policy. backtracking? or you criticise how it's done?

·
Registered
10,422 Posts
you were pretty anti-Israel though, praising heavily Corbyn for this policy. backtracking? or you criticise how it's done?
I'm talking about the current leadership of the Labour Party, not Corbyn. Most of the people currently holding the reins of the Labour Party held positions of influence while he was still the leader, and used their status to undermine him and his supporters, often using the allegations of antisemitism as a weapon. The Media Lens article linked in my previous post goes into considerable detail about this, which is what I was alluding to when I mentioned the leaked report about antisemitism.

Corbyn has released a statement opposing the decision to pay damages to the BBC and these slimy 'whistleblowers'. I agree with him, and still think he is on the right side of the Palestinian struggle.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Lol @people thinking that any western mainstream political party/figure could ever do something against the interest of Israel.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts