Mens Tennis Forums banner

Where will he peak?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy's 30 years old and never played a Grand Slam main draw. It seems he would be a constant on the Challenger tour at best.

However after losing in the second round of Wimbledon qualifying, he went on a tear: winning 3 Challenger titles and making another final. Now he is in his first ATP quarter-final in San Diego and will crack the top 70 next week after only reaching the top 100 for the first time in August.

In San Diego he has already improved his singles career record (tour level) from 1-6 to 3-6.

Interesting that Constant is from France and never received a Roland Garros wildcard, but he'll almost certainly get in directly to the Australian Open, Roland Garros and Wimbledon next year.

·
Banned
24,294 Posts
Reactions: POTUS Haase

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's always had the ability to play some really high level tennis.

I remember seeing him play Kuku on an indoor hard, he started playing like a mixture of Djokovic and Federer and was completely error-less.

watch from 5-4 on, when Kuku serves for the set.
Thanks for this. OMG that GOAT return game to break Kuku to love at 5*-6! 1h 17m in the video for anyone interested.

Constant sure loves to slice his forehand. I wonder who has the best ever forehand slice?

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Finally got to watch him play this week in San Diego and his game is super fun. I'm glad he is finding this late career surge, his variety is refreshing, there is a touch of Santoro legacy in his finesse shots.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bumping my Lestienne thread as it came before the Karatsev one, and is purely about Constant.

Only had one tour level win before last week, now he has 5 more. Incredible run!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts