Mens Tennis Forums banner

I believe that...

• ... Covid-19 does not exist or is not worse than the common flu

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • ... 9/11 was an inside job

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • ... there was never a moon landing

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • ... UFOs have landed on earth already and the government is trying to hide it (Area 51 ect.)

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • ... the Kennedy assassination was not a one man job

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • ... the world is secretly ruled by underground organisations (Illuminati ect.)

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • ... there is some mind controlling going on, for example via Chemtrails

• ... the earth is flat

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • ... there are some reptilian humanoids who secretly control the world and pretend to be human

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • ... vaccination is just a ploy of the government/rich people like Bill Gates to make money

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • ... Global Warming is a hoax

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • ... most tennis draws are rigged

• ... non of the above!

Votes: 12 38.7%
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Covid thread showed that the frequency of tinfoil heads is shockingly high at MTF, I'm just curious how deep that rabbit hole really goes.

I've listed some of the most widespread conspiracy theories in the poll. Please share with us what you believe and what you are think is bullshit.

And yes, I may regret opening this thread, but better to look the abyss in the eye instead of pretending there is some sanity left here.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I chose none of the above but would tick these options:

☑ some (not most) tennis draws are rigged
☑ Epstein didn't kill himself.
While I do not believe tennis draws are rigged, the whole Epstein thing was fishy indeed!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
None of the above (although I would not exclude that some, certainly not most, tennis draws have been rigged). What I do believe, for example, is that many governments collect more information about their people than they are legally entitled to do.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Can’t prove most of those listed myself (though plenty of evidence by sleuths in cyberspace or non MSM) so wouldn’t discount at least half. Would add that since the 1960’s, NDAA & it’s amendments has allowed for many false flags & fake/hoax news to occur.

·
Registered
244 Posts
9/11 without a doubt, I was never into conspiracy theories, one day out of curiosity I watched a documentary on youtube (probably deleted since), it really shoked me (had actual nightmares about it for a few days).

I am really not a fan of conspirationnists but the evidence about 9 11 are so shoking, especially about the pentagon. :(

·
justice for all
16,227 Posts
I believe the vodka manufacturers conspired against STG adding extra percentges during pandemic to make him believe Trump is a devil.

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
9/11 is the only one that seems believable to me. Not sure if it was planned by the US, but what is shoking to me is that a country with such high security as US could not prevent the hijackings or at the very least shoot down most of the planes before they did the damage that they did.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
9/11 without a doubt, I was never into conspiracy theories, one day out of curiosity I watched a documentary on youtube (probably deleted since), it really shoked me (had actual nightmares about it for a few days).

I am really not a fan of conspirationnists but the evidence about 9 11 are so shoking, especially about the pentagon. :(
it's a pity so many excellent 9/11 documentaries have been memory holed on youtube msmtube, but thankfully what i view as the defining one still remains..

for those who have never read the official 9/11 commission report or final NIST report and are unaware of the claims made by the us govt as to what actually transpired on that day, i strongly recommend the definitive 9/11 documentary ‘september 11: the new pearl harbor’ by massimo mazzucco.

it’s an excellent introduction to the questions raised by this bewildering event and he systematically debunks the official government/msm narrative point-by-point (along with many of the so called ‘debunkers’) in a rational, scientific, logic/fact based approach without resorting to speculation, straw man, or ad hominem.

i suggest starting with ‘the hijackers’ at 57:14 of Part 1 and circle back to the beginning after completion.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Global warming. not that it doesn’t exist. (it does but it’s highly exaggerated) but the notion that it will kill us or make the planet uninhabitable... there have been times in the past with much warmer and much colder weather and we’ve obviously survived them all. It’s mostly propaganda at this point. I mean look at past nature-related predictions.
60s: we will run out of oil in 40 years. Yeah sure...
70s: acid rain will wipe out the forests. Turns out we have more forests than ever before
90s: ozone depletion will make australia uninhabitable in a few decades. Well turns out the depletion has been declining in the past 15 years.

I really don’t know why I should believe in any of this

·
9,505 Posts
The Vegas massacre incident was 100% conspiracy.

Other than that i dont buy in to the others. My stance on covid is that it does exsist but man made on purpose by bill gates

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I would have voted none of the above but I'm 50/50 on "the Kennedy assassination was not a one man job". I mean, the CIA has done terrible things, so this particular one isn't really on the same level as the others

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I personally don't believe any of these specific conspiracy theories. The most likely out of the lot is the Kennedy assassination, which I'd put the odds of at around 20-30%. I also don't reflexively believe everything proclaimed by public "experts" to be true, which some folks seem to think is a conspiracy in and of itself.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts