Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Their 2017-18 surfaces were unplayable. It was ping pong. One semi aggressive stroke and the point was in your favor. Skill reducing.

·
Registered
14,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I read, surface is the same as previous two years.

They changed the ball however.
where exactly do they put out info and how they did the courts anyway?

I know the ball's changed, but can that make such a big difference? I mean particularly last year was just unreal.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
A pretty bad tournament in my opinion. Most matches were not so interesting or a one-way street. Last year was sub-par too. Only Wimbledon semis last year produced good quality tennis and exciting matches. USO too was rather poor.

·
Registered
14,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why the fuck is that skill reducing? Standing 5m behind the baseline and defending like your life depends on it is skillful I guess?
nice correlation you have there

·
Registered
14,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A pretty bad tournament in my opinion. Most matches were not so interesting or a one-way street. Last year was sub-par too. Only Wimbledon semis last year produced good quality tennis and exciting matches. USO too was rather poor.
Im not talking about how the tournament shaped out to be, but how the surface/balls react.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Everything about the first post and thread title is scintillatingly dreadful.

·
Registered
14,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so then tell me why it is skillreducing mr.smartass...
less touch is required to put yourself in an offensive position. less court craft.

Tennis means precision, balance and brain, not a fully automatic shooting range.

·
Registered
59 Posts
so then tell me why it is skillreducing mr.smartass...
less touch is required to put yourself in an offensive position. less court craft.

Tennis means precision, balance and brain, not a fully automatic shooting range.
less touch is required on a fast court... do you really believe in that? Have you ever played tennis?

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Most beautiful court ever... :inlove:

youtu.be/gmpLSW47MPQ

·
Registered
14,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
less touch is required on a fast court... do you really believe in that? Have you ever played tennis?
Damn, you almost concluded that right. Just almost.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
where exactly do they put out info and how they did the courts anyway?

I know the ball's changed, but can that make such a big difference? I mean particularly last year was just unreal.
Last year was slower than the year before and the year before was considered by many to be the best slam in years. :shrug:

There's still most of the year for clay like hard court tennis.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
At least one HC slam should be played fast, the other slow for variation sake. Now I don't know what's the difference between this AO and last year USO.

Didn't care to read anything on the matter , I reckon. I've just given up on this , this is modern tennis and is to stay . An era will die with Fed and that's fine with me.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
The Dunlop balls are terrible and changed what was special about the tournament from 2017-2018. All year long you get courts that encourage attritional baseline tennis, and you can't even take it that there was one tournament that wasn't like that. It shows what sort of poster you really are. leng jai is completely right.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts