Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean real fans who always support him even when he is having bad times, not the guys who put their avatar showing his tongue off, in order to disuade their hatred of "nadull", yes guys I'm officially calling you out right here and now , stop playing with the feelings of this great man, Jo is an amazing person and he deserves all the respect of the world.

Congratulations with your second M1000 tsongy.

So How really big is the Jo fanbase in MTF, pretenders with fake tsong avatars (bitter fraudturdsm) excluded

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its it a bigger fanbase than peak delpo or warinka ones?

It seems to me that after the big 4 fanbases it would be either Jo or Delpo.. Of course guys like Jowilly who are clowining and never supported Tsongy, should be excluded

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
I am not a fan of him. I've honestly asked myself that very question in the past because I root for him in almost every circumstance, but I keep myself detached. He's just too frustrating.

Doesn't mean I'm not genuinely happy for him right now though. And I'm glad his fans got a payoff they've been waiting for.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Me, but then again I've been rooting for every viable black player since Andre Agassi retired as my avatar attests to.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

It seems to me that after the big 4 fanbases it would be either Jo or Delpo.. Of course guys like Jowilly who are clowining and never supported Tsongy, should be excluded
I would argue that these two are generally more liked than Murray. They might not be many people's absolute #1 favourites, but they certainly don't have a significant number of detractors. I fit this description well, with Tsonga being my 3rd favourite player.

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
I am. I support all my favorites no matter how badly they may be playing, because no matter how frustrating it may be, results like this are so rewarding and make me glad to be a fan.
I still cant believe he actually won this tournament and beat Djokovic/Murray/Federer. Its so nice to see him playing like this again and I hope he continues like this.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
I've liked Tsonga since his breakthrough 2008. Such a cool game and seems like a cool chap also otherwise. Then again, I was losing my faith in him this year. Still supported him but had low expectations. I'm happy he proved me wrong and won a M1000. Hopefully he'll cement again his position in the top 10 and is again a contender for whatever title.

·
Registered
18,092 Posts

del Potro has actually been second in the MTF popularity polls in 2012 and 2013, Tsonga has been up there as well. There's a difference between number of fans and how loud and obnoxious a fanbase is.

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Me, but then again I've been rooting for every viable black player since Andre Agassi retired as my avatar attests to.
Mr Tsongy isnt black, he is bi-racial. His mom is white french.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts