Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Novak Djokovic will destroy Andy Roddick imho, and to me this ranks among bets of the year along with:
-Nadal tb Roddick 1.95
-Andreev tb Roddick 1.62 (Roland Garros)

This will be my biggest bet of the year without doubt, il be away next week so il either be going out with a BANG or a soft whisper. :armed:

Djokovic over Roddick 15 units @1.7-1.8

GL all
:wavey:

·
Registered
45,653 Posts
Novak Djokovic will destroy Andy Roddick imho, and to me this ranks among bets of the year along with:

Nadal tb Roddick 1.95
Andreev tb Roddick 1.62 (Roland Garros)

This will be my biggest bet of the year without doubt, il be away next week so il either be going out with a BANG or a soft whisper.

:devil:
HUH? Andreev is playing Roddy? WHAT?

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Roddick over Djokovic @ 2.28
Andy the underdog? I'm shocked by those odds. AR will be delighted that the Serbian knocked out Fat Dave because this match-up will be much more comfortable for him. Djokovic doesn't have the returning skills or the defensive BH slice to neutralise his game.

In any case, this is a long overdue match-up. I can't wait to see it.

·
Banned
5,404 Posts
More than likely will take the over in the A-Rod/Djoko match. Should be a 3 setter or a tight 2 setter.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
First match of the day:

l'âne d. lèvres sexy @1.633
3.71u to win 2.35u

Hoping to start the day off with a nice win. Davydenko seems quite motivated this week and seems to have found some form. I didn't want to go against Stepanek but after two tough three set matches, I think he will be up tough against the donkey machine. I honestly admire the way Steps is playing right now but I think he will just run out of steam and fall short here.

GL:)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
admiration and Stepanek :help:

this guy is the biggest jerk with his on court antics

I know but I was talking about his play i.e. serve and volleying and his energy level. The guy is kind of a :cuckoo: :retard: but at least he is not boring to watch.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
admiration and Stepanek :help:

this guy is the biggest jerk with his on court antics
Some people like his antics and others don't. I mean this is the guy who brings the worm to tennis.

I got nailed with Baghdatis yesterday, but I think Djokovic will be getting the cash in this match.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Call me paranoid (Bilbo, you've ruined me! :mad: ), but whenever a player is put in the thread title, I really don't fancy touching their match...it is often a jinx. :help:

At any rate, I simply can't call Roddick v Nole...Roddick is value, to me, as the underdog, but not sure I'll pull the trigger. Hope Nole wins, regardless.

Davydenko v Stepanek is another difficult match, and the value is with the Czech imo.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Call me paranoid (Bilbo, you've ruined me! :mad: ), but whenever a player is put in the thread title, I really don't fancy touching their match...it is often a jinx. :help:

At any rate, I simply can't call Roddick v Nole...Roddick is value, to me, as the underdog, but not sure I'll pull the trigger. Hope Nole wins, regardless.

Davydenko v Stepanek is another difficult match, and the value is with the Czech imo.
A man of reason.I'm at odds with myself trying to find a clear winner in either matches.They both seem similiar concerning talent and price.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Andy Roddick - Novak Djokovic

Battle for #3 spot in the world. Roddick like always is very active in US Open series and doing quite good. His record is 10-1 although only one meeting with top30 - last night with Baghdatis. Roddick player pretty solid tennis - strong serve and good baseline play. Of course I must admit that Baghdatis was far from his best - made really many stupid mistakes in critical moments that cost him pretty much. And I never will understand how he can struggle with Roddick's backhand slices. No sense for me. However Djokovic is playing in different level. His tennis against Nalbandian was close to perfection. Fact that He let Argentine(who is very good on returning) win only 7 points on own serve. He is really #3 in the world and I can't see him struggling against Roddick. Except service there is no any advantage for American. Djokovic will dictated rallies and push Roddick very hard. Also in mental field I see Nole much stronger and that is very important in critical moments. I see another helpless match for Andy like it happens against Federer or Nadal. Just too solid for him. I really have high confidence about this one.

Pick: Djokovic
Odds: 1.75
Bookie: Pinnacle
Stake: 9/10

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
Nikolay DAVYDENKO (RUS) vs Radek STEPANEK (CZE)

Interesting match up here, i underestimated stepanek in the last round and thought haas would be too consistent for him but once again he held his serve very well despite using his unorthodox serve and volleys which i thought tommy would take advantage, but stepanek is on a very good run at the moment and i can;t see an out of sorts davydenko really having the desire to compete with the czech right now. Davy didn't hold serve too well against youzhny but like murray on wednesday youzhny seemed to have no desire to actually win the match and he could have forced it into a 3rd set, i just think radek will still be buzzing and will have too much for the russian.

8 units on stepanek

Andy RODDICK (USA) vs Novak DJOKOVIC (SRB)

Tougher match to call here, a lot of people expected more from baggy against andy but not seeing the match im not sure whether andy played too well or baghdatis didn't turn up, but i did see the mighty level of play djokovic showed against naldandian where he hardly lost a point on serve, thats usually an atribute of roddicks but he hasn;t been serving too well lately and djokovic should be able to punish on the times he gets a short second serve, i wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of tiebreakers but the serb is confident right now i would still back him to win.

7 units on Djokovic

Frank DANCEVIC (CAN) vs Rafael NADAL (ESP)

Not too much to say here, dancevic has done well infront of his home crowd but i had a fairly large bet on verdasco last night and was expecting more from him, dancevic is all serve im afraid but nadal is such a battler he should have far too mcuh for him and i hope he gives him a beating to make up for my loss.

5 units on Nadal to win 2-0

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I am surprised on the odds today. I expected Roddick to be favourite against Djokovic. Before I saw the odds I was thinking Djokovic to beat Roddick anyway. I don't want the odds to be @1.66 for Djokovic to win. I think I'll wait. I hope more people will bet on Roddick to win to make the odds closer together. I am going to wait and hope I'll get a better price for Djokovic to win. Djokovic is the king of big points situations under Nadal and Federer of course. I think it will be I'm 60/40 in favour of Djokovic.

Federer will beat Hewitt very easily I think 100% sure

Davydenko and Stepanek will have a very close match I think but Davydenko is an animal around the court so I'll give him the edge 55/45 for Davydenko to win

Nadal will beat Dancevic easily in 2 sets but I'm around 80% sure

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Just to elaborate on a couple of points I made previously:

Davydenko v Stepanek - very tough to call. I perceive Davydenko to be a bad match for Stepanek - he takes the ball early, is the more superior on the baseline, and can make life very difficult for Radek, when the latter approaches the net. That said, the head-to-head baffles me - Stepanek has been competitive in virtually every match, including those that he has lost. He is in top form right now, and if he serves well, he can give himself a fighting chance.

Roddick v Djokovic - Djokovic is more likely to break serve than Roddick...but should there be a few tiebreaks, one can't count the American out, as he has developed a habit, this year, of winning the most important points. Sure, Nole's tiebreak record is very good (approx. 73% this year), but if Roddick finds his 1st serve in a breaker, he will be mighty tough to edge out. I think the odds are very fair - Nole has the slight edge, but Roddick is still very capable of winning this.

Tempted to play Stepanek and Roddick as two underdogs (reasonable chance that one of them wins), but I think I'd be wise to take the day off.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just to elaborate on a couple of points I made previously:

Davydenko v Stepanek - very tough to call. I perceive Davydenko to be a bad match for Stepanek - he takes the ball early, is the more superior on the baseline, and can make life very difficult for Radek, when the latter approaches the net. That said, the head-to-head baffles me - Stepanek has been competitive in virtually every match, including those that he has lost. He is in top form right now, and if he serves well, he can give himself a fighting chance.
I agree, the H2H baffles me too Jez. I think its fair to say though that if Davydenko were to keep his focus and will to win he should be able to beat Radek with this match-up.

Iv seen one set between these two, Davydenko was all over Radek. I came back to see that Radek had pulled it out in three, so I guess he gets under Davydenko' skin a lot of the time?

1 - 20 of 105 Posts