• Federer

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I mean which players fans are always on the edge at Slams. You dont have to be a fan of the player to answer - just post what you d feel if you were a fan .. OR if thats too difficult to imagine (Rafa Haters !!) vote based on your perceptions of other fans on MTF.

Most Anxious / Edgy
I will go for Rafa as I can never have enough confidence that he will cruise through ANY match - no matter how NID - be it against a novice WC or a seasoned player. Funnily only him against Fed is something which makes me slightly relaxed.

Least Anxious / Relaxed
I will go for Nole. He normally never makes a meal of NID matches. Goes thru his draws like clockwork. He struggles in finals but I feel applies to everyone.

·
Registered
40,645 Posts
Novak for me,he can be cruising,then suddenly goes away,so yeah i'm never relaxed...But that goes to everyone i think,you're never that relaxed when watching your fave player or fave team....:shrug:

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Holy crap - WTF just happened.
I posted this thought in the Live commentary ....that Nole playes so comfortable and his fans must always be relaxed ... just looking at Nole - Cilic scores.

Am I a jinxer? I dont want to be -
Please Please prove it wrong Nole ! We need you to prevent a Fed 18th
I ve zero confidence in Murray /Dimi !

PS: How do you delete threads? Mods ??

·
Registered
767 Posts
i'm completely anxious for every federer's match

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Definitely not Novak fans. They're as arrogant as they get, expecting him to cruise in the RG final and then he loses.

·
23,063 Posts
Recently I haven't really have that much confidence on Stan because he is so hot and cold. I mean, especially in grass it is like uncomfortable to see him defend most of the time. Even going into the HC season I just hope he is consistent.

·
Banned
109 Posts
i wasn't edgy at Wimbledon because i knew that Nadal had the French Open and a huge shot at US Open.
i'm edgy at the Australian Open because it feels like a slam he should win, but something always goes wrong :eek:
the worst was 2011 when he was going for THE RAFA SLAM and tore his hamstring vs Ferrer :mad:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I'm a fan of both Novak and Roger.

Because Novak still has the capability to win more majors, I am more invested in his matches. However, he has really faltered in the late stages at every major since the French Open net incident last year. I literally hold my breath now whenever he is about to hit an overhead. For him, he needs to win Wimbledon for his mentality and confidence.

Roger still plays very good tennis, but I had resigned myself to the fact that other than Wimbledon, where he needed a good draw to open up a bit for a chance, the odds were long of him winning another major. When he gets to those late stages now and plays one of the top guys you can really see how losing a half step really makes a difference now. I did not believe he would get another major, and he still might not, but this may be his last best chance. He can throw in a funky match where his serve % is bad and he's just not playing great, but his form has been great so far though this Wimbledon, and I think he is salivating at the opportunity for one more at his beloved Wimbledon.

For Murray fans, that Wimbledon loss was pretty bad. He had been playing so well and just had his bad day and couldn't recover. He had a bad day last year and got out in 5, but to me it was quite the surprise for him to go out in 3. I'd be anxious about his form going forward.

For Nadal fans, I'd simply be edgy about his health. Wimbledon for him now is probably a long shot, but he's shown he is still a force on the hard courts, and of course Clay King.

Similar to the women right now, new faces to the late stages are starting to live up to potential and I think overall its good for the men's game.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Definitely not Novak fans. They're as arrogant as they get, expecting him to cruise in the RG final and then he loses.
It was 50-50%, no? Nadal fans also said that he'll win Wimbledon this year so be quiet ;)

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Novak for me,he can be cruising,then suddenly goes away,so yeah i'm never relaxed...But that goes to everyone i think,you're never that relaxed when watching your fave player or fave team....:shrug:
Novak is by far the most reliable player on tour so I have no idea what you're talking about. Then again it seems that a lot of his fan instantly make exaggerated remarks whenever he gets broken. It's like you guys expect him to just steamroll everyone with ease and fail to recognise the opponent can actually do something to him.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Novak is by far the most reliable player on tour so I have no idea what you're talking about. Then again it seems that a lot of his fan instantly make exaggerated remarks whenever he gets broken. It's like you guys expect him to just steamroll everyone with ease and fail to recognise the opponent can actually do something to him.
He's reliable to get to the end of the big tournaments, but you have to admit that since the French Open semi last year, he's had some real bad moments and spotty play in semis and finals. He's lost his last 3 major finals.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
He's reliable to get to the end of the big tournaments, but you have to admit that since the French Open semi last year, he's had some real bad moments and spotty play in semis and finals. He's lost his last 3 major finals.
And everyone else is losing at even earlier stages so I don't see how he could possibly be a candidate for this thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts