Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Re: Conchita Martinez is likely to become Spain's Davis Cup captain

Oh boy, that will go 'well' ... Spanish men simply love their men :lol:. They use women only to make some babies and then get back to their men.

I do admire Spanish TF for trying. Let's see if Don Tio approves.

·
Registered
22,187 Posts

Sexism crowd in ruins :haha:

·
Registered
13,800 Posts

how is that any better? the sexist spanish men will refuse to play for her too.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts

Sexism crowd in ruins :haha:
this is actualy the federation sticking it up the players'...

she can browse the men's locker, she has enough credentials, now suck it sexists, tell me now what is it that you have against? :lol:

They surely wanted Mosquito or the likes, but troll federation is a Master :lol:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

she can browse the men's locker, she has enough credentials, now suck it sexists, tell me now what is it that you have against? :lol:

They surely wanted Mosquito or the likes, but troll federation is a Master :lol:
This. Genius trolling from the Spanish Federation :bowdown:

·
Registered
12,644 Posts

I would prefer Arantxa Sánchez Vicario. She was da man ;).

·
Registered
3,843 Posts

:haha:

This is going to be good, I am curious what will players AND people say now. I agree this is epic trolling, I just don´t know for which "side".

·
Your visions will happen
49,954 Posts

This is good.

I think they fired Gala Leon not only because she was a woman and her credentials (1 WTA title, career high #27, R16 farthest in a slam), but because she was too beautiful

http://cuatrostatic-a.akamaihd.net/...-equipo-Copa-Davis_MDSVID20140923_0108_17.jpg

I mean you cannot have a woman that looks like this running around a men's locker room.

So they hired Conchita Martinez, who has more credentials, won a grand slams, two other finals of grand slam, made #2 in the world, 33!!! career titles, and, most importantly, is openly lesbian. In this fashion, Conchita can be seen as "just another one of the guys"

So everything worked out well. Give Gala Leon a nice severance package in terms of money, and that's that

·
Registered
19,954 Posts

Johnny Groove :facepalm:
Are you sure you're using the right part of your anatomy to think? That's a rather silly assumption.

how is that any better? the sexist spanish men will refuse to play for her too.
Not true. Apparently, the players are behind this choice.
She knows ATP and WTA tennis very well, follows both tours and is liked by the players.

·
Registered
903 Posts

You cannot make this up! Rafa probably announce his Davis Cup retirement for sure. No?

·
Registered
7,499 Posts

Atleast she has more resume then Gala. But still whats up with the SF? Do they want to be relagated even further back?

But lets she her aproach and what she has to say.

Im not sexist, im all for equal equality everywhere. But there are players who have played for their countrys Davis cup who retired have a good backround for beeing capitan. So your good enough to play but not be captain?

There is always fed cup for the ladies.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts

Oh boy, that will go 'well' ... Spanish men simply love their men :lol:. They use women only to make some babies and then get back to their men.

I think you're wrong on this one, Alex. I know many Spanish men, I work with them and they are not like that. This is a common misconception. Some of them are, of course, like everywhere in the world, but not all.

The reason the Spanish players didn't approve of Gala was that she had appointed herself when she was a big bureaucrat. She was an ally of Escañuelas, whos was later found out (as was Gala) of mishandling money and using their positions for their own benefit. They were very authoritarian. They had no clear policies for the development of tennis in Spain. She didn't even attempt to contact the players after she named herself their captain, and she knew nothing of male tennis players: their style of play, their strengths, etc). I heard Uncle Toni say all this on a radio programme.

I'm glad they're both out (Gala and Escañuelas), hopefully their team will follow. :D

Gala (and Escañuelas) tried to use the sexism card to remain in power and the international tennis community dutifully obliged, falling for it hook, line and sinker. :lol:

Naming Conchita Martínez is a way of showing the world that it was not about the gender, but about big bureaucrats using ther power and their political connections for their own benefit.

I am very happy with the way things are going. I would have preferred a bigger exposure of the mishandling of the monies, but maybe that was enough.

And I'm sure neither Uncle Toni nore any of the players will object to this nomination.

Maybe I'm wrong. Let us wait and see. :D

·
Registered
3,216 Posts

If the players complain about this too they will be utterly EXPOSED. Kudos to the Spanish Tennis Federation :worship: Con dos cojones.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts

I think that only applies to tennis, where there seems to be too many macho jerks from every country to be honest, Spain is doing pretty well at gender equality.

·
Registered
22,187 Posts

Nope, all the players are behind this decision.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Javier de Diego ‏@dediegoYpunto
@conchitamartinz reúne las condiciones para asumir el cargo,tiene la consideración d TODOS los jugadores y además DESMONTA debate machista.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts

The main mistake of Spanish tennis was that all their players played for years for Nadal to win more GS' so that Spain could have the GOAT of this game. Ferrer who is for years in top ten could not win a MS on clay or Barcelona which he loved to win. The same time Swiss tennis with only two players in top 100 have two GS' winners. So what is the point to have so many good players in top 50 if you have only one GS' winner for the last 14 years. Wawrinka won two GS' in short time and if he and Federer play at high level next 12 months Stan could become #1. It will be huge for such a small country as Switzerland.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts

The El Pais Deportes article says that the Martinez pick is on an interim basis, just for this tie against Russia, and then after that a final pick will be made. I suspect a very savvy move of putting Martinez in for one tie to quell the 'sexist' criticism, and then picking another buddy to take the permanent job (my money's on Ferrero personally).

1 - 20 of 45 Posts