Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody knows: along with the move to grass, this year Stuttgart is held just after Roland Garros. Therefore, the event is staged in the same week as Rosmalen ('s-Hertogenbosch). The curious thing is both tournaments have an identical defending champion: Roberto Bautista Agut. Oh! Unlucky, unfortunate RBA! He won't be able to regain both crowns in 2015, as it is technically impossible for him to defend one of the trophies he lifted last season. And my question is: had this random fact ever happened before?

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Everybody knows: along with the move to grass, this year Stuttgart is held just after Roland Garros. Therefore, the event is staged in the same week as Rosmalen ('s-Hertogenbosch). The curious thing is both tournaments have an identical defending champion: Roberto Bautista Agut. Oh! Unlucky, unfortunate RBA! He won't be able to regain both crowns in 2015, as it is technically impossible for him to defend one of the trophies he lifted last season. And my question is: had this random fact ever happened before?
Don't know about before but it's going to happen twice this year as Bastad and Umag are also the same week :( (Cuevas won both last year)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Crazy stuff. Is he going to be compensated somehow?

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Crazy stuff. Is he going to be compensated somehow?
I don't know the exact rules but I assume his points are gonna stay until 's-Hertogenbosch's and Stuttgart's old weeks.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Insane stat :worship:

I don't know the exact rules but I assume his points are gonna stay until 's-Hertogenbosch's and Stuttgart's old weeks.
You're right, mate. Stuttgart points will drop off RBA's ranking on 13rd July, while s-Hertogenbosch points will drop off on 22nd June.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Interesting. Let's say Roberto Bautista Agut wants to participate in both events and requests to play in 's-Hertogenbosch in the morning and in Stuttgart in the afternoon - or viceversa. Would the ATP allow that? After all, 's-Hertogenbosch and Stuttgart are not that far - the trip should be doable in a little more than 3 hours.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting. Let's say Roberto Bautista Agut wants to participate in both events and requests to play in 's-Hertogenbosch in the morning and in Stuttgart in the afternoon - or viceversa. Would the ATP allow that? After all, 's-Hertogenbosch and Stuttgart are not that far - the trip should be doable in a little more than 3 hours.
You could have suggested that to RBA! However, I guess such a scenario would be even more implausible in the case of Cuevas, as the distance between Umag and Båstad is way larger.

·
Registered
955 Posts
The word "defend" doesn't exist in the Rankings vocabulary. You play or not play. You win or lose. Just like that.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts