Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a sheet that includes all kind of achievements by age at the end of the season. Note that the last numbers of Rafa (at age 28) and Fed (at age 33) are still on course.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So Federer wins
WHy? Rafa has 13 slams and there are still 3 slams left on the course of this year.. Fed ended the 2009 session with 15.

And fed had 61 titles by the end of 2009 session, there are still 5 masters, 3 slams, wtf and most atp 500 and 250 and Rafa already has 63 titles on the current season.

Rafa is also likely to end with more grand slam wins than fed did by the end of 2009. Even if he only reaches 3 SF in coming slams that are left to play (which is highly unlikely he wont do finals or even win some of those) He already has more career matches won, even its may and he could surely add 40-50 more wins by the end of the season.

The only adventage on fed is Weeks at N1 but if you look again by 2009 fed already had the end of his dominance as N1 (ok he got a few extra weeks in 2012), which doesnt mean rafa will keep adding as fed has more of a clear period of dominance, and rafa has it more steady and spread through his career.

·
Registered
943 Posts
WHy? Rafa has 13 slams and there are still 3 slams left on the course of this year.. Fed ended the 2009 session with 15.

And fed had 61 titles by the end of 2009 session, there are still 5 masters, 3 slams, wtf and most atp 500 and 250 and Rafa already has 63 titles on the current season.

Rafa is also likely to end with more grand slam wins than fed did by the end of 2009. Even if he only reaches 3 SF in the last slams that are left to play (which is highly unlikely he wont do finals or even win some of those).

The only adventage on fed is Weeks at N1 but if you look again by 2009 fed already had the end of his dominance as N1 (ok he got a few extra weeks in 2012), which doesnt mean rafa will keep adding as fed has more of a clear period of dominance, and rafa has it more steady and spread through his career.
Do you really think that Nadal is going to win Wimbledon, the French, or the US Open? :spit:

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Do you really think that Nadal is going to win Wimbledon, the French, or the US Open? :spit:
He is favorite at french and Its highly possible he could win US open this year (who is strong there? djokovic has horrible record in finals there, federer dissapeared there after 2008, murray would likely to lose against rafa), Wimbledon is an asterik, nobody knows what will happen there.

All I know is that federer is done winning slams, And djokovic despite being on his peak won only 1 of the last 8 slams. Murray could be rising, but he hasnt proved it yet.

And if you look rafa didnt play good at the post uso non-slam tournaments yet he was the one who did better of the big 4 at the Aussie on this year.

And I dont take fedturds seriously, they claimed after 2011 that rafa was done winning slams, and that djokovic was going to win minimum 3 slams per year. However after the epic battle of Aussie 2012 final, Nole has won only 1 slam.

Thats how good to make predictions those fedturds are...

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
So why the comparison now? Federer wins at the moment, because you can't predicate comparisons based on hypotheticals. If that was the case, then anyone could make the case for Gulbis being the GOAT because he could have won a bunch of slams, or he could win a bunch of slams.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
He is favorite at french and Its highly possible he could win US open this year (who is strong there? djokovic has horrible record in finals there, federer dissapeared there after 2008, murray would likely to lose against rafa), Wimbledon is an asterik, nobody knows what will happen there.

All I know is that federer is done winning slams, And djokovic despite being on his peak won only 1 of the last 8 slams. Murray could be rising, but he hasnt proved it yet.

And if you look rafa didnt play good at the post uso non-slam tournaments yet he was the one who did better of the big 4 at the Aussie on this year.

And I dont take fedturds seriously, they claimed after 2011 that rafa was done winning slams, and that djokovic was going to win minimum 3 slams per year. However after the epic battle of Aussie 2012 final, Nole has won only 1 slam.

Thats how good to make predictions those fedturds are...

that is an amazingly revealing stat, blueclay.. since their epic 2012 ao final, rafa's won 3 of the 6 slams he's played while nole's only won 1 of the 8 slams he's played..
and to add insult to injury, 3 of those 7 slam losses were to rafa.. :eek:

the exact opposite of what the fedtards and djoketards predicted would happen.. :devil:

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So why the comparison now? Federer wins at the moment, because you can't predicate comparisons based on hypotheticals. If that was the case, then anyone could make the case for Gulbis being the GOAT because he could have won a bunch of slams, or he could win a bunch of slams.
Why does he win at this moment?

Federer by the calendar time of 2009 (prior to the previous M1000 before RG) had also 13 slams, but 168 slam wins and only 57 titles, 637 atp wins, 14 m1000 and 18 slam finals. However he at the same point had the lead with 4 YE1 (compared to 3YE1 of rafa), 4 wtf and 237 weeks at N1.

Slams:
Federe:13-5
Nadal:13-6

Nadal has the edge with an extra final played.

YEC:

Federer: 4
Nadal: 0

Olympics single gold

Federer: 0
Nadal : 1

M 1000:

Federer: 14
Nadal : 27

Total atp single titles:

Federer: 57
Nadal:63

Weeks at N1:

Federer: 237
Nadal: 134

YE1:

Federer: 4
Nadal: 3

Career wins:

Federer: 637
Nadal: 688

Slam matches won:

Federer: 168
Nadal: 177

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Of course he thinks! He's GoatDull returning. I remember GoatDull saying he believed Dull was going to win Aussie, RG and Wimbledon this year and Wimbledon was a surest one! :lol:

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Of course he thinks! He's GoatDull returning. I remember GoatDull saying he believed Dull was going to win Aussie, RG and Wimbledon this year and Wimbledon was an surest one! :lol:
Wasnt Rafa the closest of the big 4 to rise te title? IF it wasnt for his injury he would have lifted the trophy, sometimes the bad luck is able to stop the unstoppable destiny of the champions.

Anyways nice uruguayan flag, It is one of the two teams who possibly will make brazilians cry in world cup quarterfinals (the other is france) :lol: :haha: I will make a party when brazil get out of their own world cup.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aww how sweet, a nishiquitter fan chiming in.. here, suck on this:

7:0 <---- :devil:
he is of the typical fraudturds with fake avatar from tsonga, nishikori, djokovic on anyone who has bigger chances to beat rafa than their arrogant idol. :worship::devil:

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Wasnt Rafa the closest of the big 4 to rise te title? IF it wasnt for his injury he would have lifted the trophy, sometimes the bad luck is able to stop the unstoppable destiny of the champions.

Anyways nice uruguayan flag, It is one of the two teams who possibly will make brazilians cry in world cup quarterfinals (the other is france) :lol: :haha: I will make a party when brazil get out of their own world cup.
Hopefully they do, because of that I changed the flag for the WC. I live closer to Montevideo than Brasilia. Besides, I don't want the likes of Julio Cesar, Neymar and Fred crowned as World Champions. :devil:

About the bolded statement: don't know, I don't have a crystal ball, but I far as I know, he was down a set and a break before the injury.

aww how sweet, a nishiquitter fan chiming in.. here, suck on this:

7:0 <---- :superlol:
:lol:

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hopefully they do, because of that I changed the flag for the WC. I live closer to Montevideo than Brasilia. :devil:

About the bolded statement: don't know, I don't have a crystal ball, but I far as I know, he was down a set and a break before the injury.

:lol:
Yes he was a set and break down, but he was slow even in the first set, he was giving 1-2 steps less than usual, and wawa was playing to the angles.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Great comparison. Nadal is ahead and is likely to end ahead of Federer, except possibly for weeks at #1, unless he's injured in the next two years.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
he is of the typical fraudturds with fake avatar from tsonga, nishikori, djokovic on anyone who has bigger chances to beat rafa than their arrogant idol. :worship::devil:
oh yeah a desperate bandwagon fan of anyone who beats or comes close to beating rafa.. the worst type of vermin on these boards..

·
Registered
12,632 Posts
Doesn't your comparison ignore the fact that they turned pro at entirely different ages. For instance, by 2004 when Nadal was 18 and had recorded, according to your figures, 45 match wins - Federer was in his first year on tour and recorded 15 match wins. One would expect that someone who was doing well on the tour would rack up more match wins by his third year, than someone who was in his first year, no?

So in fact, one could argue that an alternative comparison might, with some validity, use years on tour as a comparison point rather than age - unless one is of a mind to penalise one or the other of them for being too young or too old.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Great comparison. Nadal is ahead and is likely to end ahead of Federer, except possibly for weeks at #1, unless he's injured in the next two years.
It all depends on two things.

1. If Nadal will decline at a faster rate than Federer did and
2. Will the next generation step up and actually start threatening him like what happend with Federer

If the answer to both is yes then I don't see him ending up ahead of Federer.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts