Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am one of the many people, who are disappointed today, because a potential historic match turned out to be poor quality from both sides.

I really think the cosmic balance was fucked up by Nadal's injury in AO. He was supposed there and Nole was supposed to RG, but because he got the injury at AO, he got compensation from the universe today.

In short:

RG 12: Rafa very good, Novak good -> Rafa wins
RG 13: Rafa mediocre, Novak mediocre -> Rafa wins in 5
RG 14: Rafa poor and injured, Novak terrible and sick -> Rafa wins

The script said, RG 13 balances out AO 12 in terms of luck in the 5th set. That was totally alright in the end.

Today, Novak just got played badly. We will see whether he will get compensation from the universe at WIM 14 (e.g. all favs like fed, murray, herd crash early).

·
23,063 Posts
I am one of the many people, who are disappointed today, because a potential historic match turned out to be poor quality from both sides.

I really think the cosmic balance was fucked up by Nadal's injury in AO. He was supposed there and Nole was supposed to RG, but because he got the injury at AO, he got compensation from the universe today.

In short:

The script said, RG 13 balances out AO 12 in terms of luck in the 5th set. That was totally alright in the end.

Today, Novak just got played badly. We will see whether he will get compensation from the universe at WIM 14 (e.g. all favs like fed, murray, herd crash early).

Oh come on. :eek: It is already bad Rafa said that during his post-match interview. Maybe he's just not meant to win AO '14 while he was in RG '14. No "universe steering it right" IMO.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts

In short:

:lol:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Djokovic is never close to that trophy. He is outplayed every single time. Only he and his stupid fanboys think he has a chance.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Nadal was not mediocre in their match in 2013. He was mediocre throughout the tournament, granted. But his performance against Novak was special and it required just that. 61 winners, of which 22 in the final set. Incredible. It really was a champion just refusing to let go of his crown with his opponent throwing everything at him.

Nadal in 2012 was simply impeccable, best tournament he has played bar RG 2008. Their 2014 match was the least impressive, but still a great dogfight and show of character.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Of their RG matches, SF13 will stand apart. Mainly, it was a 5 setter, unbelievable hype and drama and tension. That 5th set alone should compensate for whatever "quality" that was missing in the earlier sets.

FO12 was good, Rafa was confident to beat him there.
FO14 was the poorest. I would personally see it as one of the most dud matches between these two.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
RG 2014 is easily the worst one because both of them declined and were not really 100% in that match. RG 2012 was a decent match but I think 2013 was better because it had more more drama, there was a 5th set, made the match interesting, more exciting etc. Plus the 5th set was of really very, very high quality. I enjoyed 2013 more than the rest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts