Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
FATP Columbia Open Men's Singles Semifinal

(1) Gustavo Kuerten def. (3) Andy Roddick 7-6(4) 6-7(0) 7-6(1)

Joachim Johansson def. (4) Franco Squillari 3-6 6-4 7-5

FATP Columbia Open Men's Doubles Semifinal

(1) Federer/Roddick def. Agassi/Kuerten 3-6 7-6(1) 6-3

Johansson/Gasquet def. (2)Corretja/Ferrero 6-4 3-6 7-5

FATP Milan Indoors Men's Singles Semifinal

David Nalbandian def. (3) Max Mirnyi 2-6 7-5 7-5

Mark Philippoussis def. (2) Thomas Enqvist 7-5 0-6 6-0

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Tommorow's schedule :

Final

:) (1) Gustavo Kuerten vs Joachim Johansson

:) (1) Federer/Roddick vs Johansson/Gasquet

:) David Nalbandian vs Mark Philippoussis

:) (1) Mirnyi/Youzhny vs (2) Gambill/Philippoussis

·
Registered
113 Posts

Philippoussis eyes the ball during his victory over Enqvist

Newcomer on the tour Mark Philippoussis defeated Sweden’s Thomas Enqvist in 3 sets today in semi-final action at Milan, Italy. Philippousis used his serve to great effect, booming down 27 aces in under 2 hours to seal his victory for a 7-5 0-6 6-0 result and gain a spot in tomorrow’s final. Philippousis is now just one match away from gaining his first career title after playing in only 3 tournaments.

“I feel pretty confident with the way I’m playing, you know, and David’s also been playing very well here, so tomorrow should definitely be a fun match. Offcourse I’ll go out there to win but if I lose I’ll still get a lot of confidence from this tournament”

Philippoussis will also play in the doubles final with Jan Michael Gambill against the pairing of Max Mirnyi and Mikhail Youzhny.​

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Congrats Mark :)

Thomas :sad:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Congrats Gustavo, you've shown once again you're the number one :) Let's go Roger :)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
FATP Columbia Open Men's Singles Final

Joachim Johansson def. (1) Gustavo Kuerten 6-4 7-6(6)

FATP Columbia Open Men's Doubles Final

(1) Federer/Roddick def. Johansson/Gasquet 7-6(3) 6-3

FATP Milan Indoors Men's Singles Final

Mark Philippoussis def. David Nalbandian 7-5 0-6 6-2

FATP Milan Indoors Men's Doubles Final

(2) Gambill/Philippoussis def. (1) Mirnyi/Youzhny 7-6(6) 6-7(3) 7-6(4)

·
Registered
6,746 Posts

Joachim Johansson wins his career-first FATP singles title at the Colombia Open. By defeating top seed and Tour #1, Gustavo Kuerten in today's final, Johansson completed a hat-trick of upsets which included defeats of second seed Andre Agassi in the quarterfinals, and fourth-seeded Franco Squillari in the semifinals. "I'm so happy to have won! This means so much to me, not only because it's my very first singles title, but also because I had to win so many tough matches against outstanding opponents. I hope I can build on this success in the future. I also wish to thank my doubles partner, Richard for his support."

OK, this is real short, but sorry... am real busy at the moment. :eek:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Wow congrats Joachim! Good match! :)

·
Registered
113 Posts

Philippoussis kisses his trophy at the presentation

Australian Mark Philippoussis has claimed his first title on tour by defeating unseeded David Nalbandian 7-5 0-6 6-2 in today's final action. The match was a great way to finish of the tournament and a dream week for the 26 year old in which he defeated Carlos Moya, no. 3 seed and doubles partner Jan Michael Gambill, no. 2 seed Thomas Enqvist and David Nalbandian to claim the Milan Indoors title.

“It’s been such an amazing week for me and to come through the field undefeated is like a wish come true. I felt like mentally I was there for the whole tournament, and I was able to keep up a high level of play, especially in tight situations, which was something I was struggling with in the past. To also claim my first doubles title in the same week is something I’m really gonna remember”

Philippoussis teamed up with Jan Michael Gambill to defeat Max Mirnyi and Mikhail Youzhny 7-6(6) 6-7(3) 7-6(4) for the Milan Indoors doubles titles​

41 - 58 of 58 Posts