Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Felix cruises into the QF.

Don't want to jinx him but a nice chance here for that elusive first title.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Henri had no chances in this one. Many aspects in his game that would need loads of improvement in case he ever wanted to beat players of Felix's caliber. The lack of the right mentality also showing horribly in this match.

Good chance for Felix now.

·
MONSOON season.
81,958 Posts
Henri had no chances in this one. Many aspects in his game that would need loads of improvement in case he ever wanted to beat players of Felix's caliber. The lack of the right mentality also showing horribly in this match.

Good chance for Felix now.
Kind of harsh IMO. The serve is a big weakness, but otherwise Henri was playing fine in that first set. He is not good enough to be beating players like FAA anyway, so he held his own.

·
Registered
68,049 Posts
henri =(((

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Kind of harsh IMO. The serve is a big weakness, but otherwise Henri was playing fine in that first set. He is not good enough to be beating players like FAA anyway, so he held his own.
I may well be too harsh for him, but that's just because I know what Henri could be capable of, in case all areas of his game were working and had he been working hard enough to improve them himself to begin with. And also in case he really believed in himself. It's not that he didn't have each opportunity in this world to develop into a world class player when he left Finland for Switzerland and had the chance to start practicing regularly with the top guys over there.

I have been hoping for so much more for him for so long and these days as he enters the court he really far too often does it with the sort of mentality that almost guarantees him at that stage already that he's going to lose the match. And at his age he really cannot afford that any longer.

Henri is an immensely nice guy and I wanted him to do so much more on tennis courts, than what he has done so far, that it just disappoints me to see matches like this one, I just can't help it. I guess while you really like someone as a person you expect a lot more from them and then can sometimes end up being too harsh. At the same time I feel had Henri been harsh enough for himself in a right manner, i.e. demanded more of himself in a positive manner and really concentrated on achieving his goals, he would be so much better tennis player than what he is today, could have had a real career etc.

I hope you understand my point of view better now.

·
Registered
98 Posts
especially @Sara X, immensely nice guy? laaksonen? think i have to throw up... if one has ever the time and opportunity, rewatch the whole match between him and ramos-vinolas swiss open 2019. lost all my respect if there ever was one for this retard and thats me being kind. either it was match-fixing so blatantly that words cant describe, really if one has the chance go rewatch that horror match (he was playing balls meter wide out and other shitshowstuff) or he really is just a retard. i think both is right.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I'm hoping AA can get his first title. I think it will relax him a lot and he will starting putting together some nice runs. The last thing he needs though is to reach another final and lose again.

·
MONSOON season.
81,958 Posts
I may well be too harsh for him, but that's just because I know what Henri could be capable of, in case all areas of his game were working and had he been working hard enough to improve them himself to begin with. And also in case he really believed in himself. It's not that he didn't have each opportunity in this world to develop into a world class player when he left Finland for Switzerland and had the chance to start practicing regularly with the top guys over there.

I have been hoping for so much more for him for so long and these days as he enters the court he really far too often does it with the sort of mentality that almost guarantees him at that stage already that he's going to lose the match. And at his age he really cannot afford that any longer.

Henri is an immensely nice guy and I wanted him to do so much more on tennis courts, than what he has done so far, that it just disappoints me to see matches like this one, I just can't help it. I guess while you really like someone as a person you expect a lot more from them and then can sometimes end up being too harsh. At the same time I feel had Henri been harsh enough for himself in a right manner, i.e. demanded more of himself in a positive manner and really concentrated on achieving his goals, he would be so much better tennis player than what he is today, could have had a real career etc.

I hope you understand my point of view better now.
I guess we have different expectations for him. I don't think he has the potential to "develop into a world class player," but see him as playing at or around his peak level at the moment. You have been following him a lot longer and he may have been much more promising as a junior.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I guess we have different expectations for him. I don't think he has the potential to "develop into a world class player," but see him as playing at or around his peak level at the moment. You have been following him a lot longer and he may have been much more promising as a junior.
You're perfectly right there. He indeed once was a promising youngster, hyped for a while, just like so many others from all over the world who then never make it to anywhere else than barely into top 100 for a while. And while he's already been in there, I kind of feel that he's peaked already. Would be glad to be proven wrong though. And: since tennis is also entertainment for us fans of the sport, I guess we should all actually be enjoying much more what we get to see on the tour, not letting the past expectations change that, so your post was a good reminder on that.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
especially @Sara X, immensely nice guy? laaksonen? think i have to throw up... if one has ever the time and opportunity, rewatch the whole match between him and ramos-vinolas swiss open 2019. lost all my respect if there ever was one for this retard and thats me being kind. either it was match-fixing so blatantly that words cant describe, really if one has the chance go rewatch that horror match (he was playing balls meter wide out and other shitshowstuff) or he really is just a retard. i think both is right.
He is that, I really can't change it for you. But the moment I said/wrote that I was expecting at least one poster to come up and claim differently. The fact that you're the only one doing so is slightly surprising. He's been a controversial figure as part of the "Swiss team" as well, I'm perfectly aware of that. The only reasons for that, as far as I'm aware of, are some personal problems of his, and I don't know if he'll ever manage to put those behind him. That might perfectly well explain what you have witnessed. Usually there is an explanation that makes sense to most of the things we get to see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts