Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sharing this from TF

What do you guys think? Gauff is part of Federer’s team8?

Coco's response to Federer's tweet supporting BLM (Black Lives Matter) shows her visceral reaction to the subject matter. Telling Federer - indirectly - to educate himself may have been a bit hasteful, but we can all understand and empathize the raw emotion evoked by the subject matter.

She should have rightly left the tweet, but someone probably told her team to remove it. Interestingly, Fed's BLM tweet still remains. Kinda ironic that Fed's "privilege" allows him to keep his tweet, but Coco has to delete her tweet.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I saw her speaking in public about it. Looked very strong.

Don't think it's fair that top players (from other countries) are sort of forced by others to donate more money or do other things to make all things better. It's a sociocultural issue. Money is not going to solve that problem.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I saw her speaking in public about it. Looked very strong.

Don't think it's fair that top players (from other countries) are sort of forced by others to donate more money or do other things to make all things better. It's a sociocultural issue. Money is not going to solve that problem.
If anything, money is only going to create more problems.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Vile from Coco

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
at the end of the day Roger was showing solidarity with the cause, no need for that kind of reply

·
Registered
9,174 Posts
federer is a major celebrity and sports figure. if people in his position dont say anything then they are attackand called out for being quiet. accused of not caring. however if they choose to support the movement then they get accused of only jumping on the wagon and not really caring.

not really fair that she reacted the way she did

i really hope she's not going to turn into another greta thunberg type of person

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Lol, the Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award is voted for by the players.

Federer has won it 13 times.

Djokovic has won it 0 times.
But players wont know who voted...ATP could pick fed and players will assume "ah plenty others most have voted him"

Reactions: Bakano

·
Registered
14,271 Posts
Sharing this from TF

What do you guys think? Gauff is part of Federer’s team8?

Coco's response to Federer's tweet supporting BLM (Black Lives Matter) shows her visceral reaction to the subject matter. Telling Federer - indirectly - to educate himself may have been a bit hasteful, but we can all understand and empathize the raw emotion evoked by the subject matter.

She should have rightly left the tweet, but someone probably told her team to remove it. Interestingly, Fed's BLM tweet still remains. Kinda ironic that Fed's "privilege" allows him to keep his tweet, but Coco has to delete her tweet.

View attachment 355351
Um, what should Fed delete about his tweet?

Lol

·
Registered
14,271 Posts
I love that it seems Fed doesnt really care much about these protests...

one black picture for that #blackout hashtag, and that seems to have been it?

Anyway, players love Federer, are you guys seriously in here?

Reactions: Cloren

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
federer is a major celebrity and sports figure. if people in his position dont say anything then they are attackand called out for being quiet. accused of not caring. however if they choose to support the movement then they get accused of only jumping on the wagon and not really caring.

not really fair that she reacted the way she did

i really hope she's not going to turn into another greta thunberg type of person
World has gone crazy for making an uneducated girl who didn't speak for years relevant and only repeats what some experts say. Her parents need to protect her, but I'm guessing they really enjoy all the attention as well.

As for Gauff, I think this was just a reaction of a kid.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Coco is in the same management as Fed's. Shame on them for making her delete her tweet.
Right call. Her tweet is spoilt brat. Leave the fecker alone who is trying to give a contribution. He has big influence. His post was more valuable that you would think

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.