Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
|
14,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Set thirty years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament, the series focuses on Johnny Lawrence reopening the Cobra Kai dojo, which causes his rivalry with Daniel LaRusso to be reignited.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I saw most of Season 1 and I enjoyed it.What I really liked about it is how it focused also on Johnny's life since those times and you definitely sympathise with him to an extent.He has some good,sharp lines which is cool.

In fact,I wanted him to kick the shit out of Larusso by the time the first season concluded ;)

·
|
14,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is nothing about Johnny's character in Cobra Kai that connects with his character in The Karate Kid.....and there's nothing wrong with that because people change a lot from teenage to adulthood, and also we didn't know much about Johnny's life in the film anyway.
But this means that I don't feel any nostalgia toward the Johnny character, whereas the Daniel character meshes perfectly with his teenage version, so its like you are watching a continuation of the films when you see Daniel's scenes in Cobra Kai.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts