Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The likes of hewitt are training like a man on a mission. Gasquet and baghdatis would be determined to get to the top echelons by working their butt off during the off season.
Djokovic is keen to reverse his unfortunate choke at NY last year.

These developments should send shivers through the camp of the arrogant swiss.

I can imagine the man partying around without any idea of the approaching revolution. Even the heavy defeats inflicted by Sampras was delusionally passed off as exhibition

He is in for a nasty surprise. His moonballing game and horrible backhand is no match for the finesse of gasquet and the slapping forehand of Baghy.

The young guns are poised to strike real hard by the mid of 2008.

Ladies and gentleman, deliverance is coming. the transition is fully over. we finally will get true champs since the retirement of the glorious greek american warrior in 2002 after six years of untold hardship,troture and despair for true tennis fans!

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
transitional in terms of the link between what and what? the last ice age and the next?

i mean...even with your unique perspective, 4 years must be looking a little longer than transitional...

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Vamos :rocker2:

I was worried about the upcoming 2008 season, and that the transitional champ might break Pete's record. I feel safe now :cool:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i mean...even with your unique perspective, 4 years must be looking a little longer than transitional...
don't you guys ever get it? its possible that there was either no "genuine champion" talent in these four years or they were learning their trade.(Gasquet,Baghy etc ) There was just a one surface champion in Nadal. The transitional champ took advantage of this.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
don't you guys ever get it? its possible that there was either no "genuine champion" talent in these four years or they were learning their trade.(Gasquet,Baghy etc ) There was just a one surface champion in Nadal. The transitional champ took advantage of this.
I don't get it and I hope I never do - get whatever substance it is you're on, that is ;)

Have a happy 2008 - time is on your side. Sooner or later they all fall and you'll be there to tell us that you predicted it. No matter that you predicted it pretty much from the moment he got to the top - eventually you'll be right, eh?

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Wow, 'mediter's musings brought to you by medical marijuana' have returned. You posted that mere seconds after your suspension ended. Did you have it saved on your desktop, waiting for this precise moment?

Reactions: barbadosan

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
I don't get it and I hope I never do - get whatever substance it is you're on, that is ;)

Have a happy 2008 - time is on your side. Sooner or later they all fall and you'll be there to tell us that you predicted it. No matter that you predicted it pretty much from the moment he got to the top - eventually you'll be right, eh?
Exactly, it is like those who predict the end of the world. Eventually they will be proven right, at the latest when our sun explodes to become a red giant.

·
2011 Here we go again!
10,542 Posts
:haha: Excellent thread :p

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I always enjoy mediter's posts. :lol:

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
Wow, 'mediter's musings brought to you by medical marijuana' have returned. You posted that mere seconds after your suspension ended. Did you have it saved on your desktop, waiting for this precise moment?
Stop giving marijuana a bad name! :D :rolls:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
oh my bad. I'll leave marijuana out of this.

Gee mediter, even a broken watch is right twice a day, so you may yet turn out to be 'right' in some wierd way, but Baghdatis? Seriously, Baghdatis? Roger Federer has been dominating the tour for the last 3 years because Baghdatis wasn't ready yet? What exactly do I have to take for that to make sense? Please give me your recipes.

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
:lol: :rolls:

·
Retired Party Hostess
14,983 Posts
Too big. :haha: :worship:

If you weren't already spoken for, I'd ask you to marry me, Fee. :lol: :p

1 - 20 of 49 Posts