Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've watched yesterday Richard Jewell, what a compelling story, great film and actors (both Paul Walter Hauser and Kathy Bates would have deserved the Oscar imo).

I like the fact that Clint Eastwood doesn't give a damn about political correctness, as a matter of fact the movie is about fbi and media shenanigans.

I'm always impressed by this 90yo director, honestly i can't remember a single film of him that i disliked.

Did you like Richard Jewell? And what are your favorite Clint Eastwood movies?

·
justice for all
12,911 Posts
I like Clint a lot. He's among my TOP5 maybe TOP3 directors of all time. His works are truly astonishing. He's hit 90 and has a mind as sharp as 25 years old. Amazing.

My personal TOP5 Clint's movies are:

1. Unforgiven 10/10 - absolute masterpiece, among TOP10 movies of all time for me
2. Million Dollar Baby 9.5/10
3. Gran Torino 9.0/10
4. Mystic River 9.0/10
5. Changeling 8.5/10

I haven't seen his last two movies: Richard Jewell and The Mule.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
I like Clint a lot. He's among my TOP5 maybe TOP3 directors of all time. His works are truly astonishing. He's hit 90 and has a mind as sharp as 25 years old. Amazing.

My personal TOP5 Clint's movies are:

1. Unforgiven 10/10 - absolute masterpiece, among TOP10 movies of all time for me
2. Million Dollar Baby 9.5/10
3. Gran Torino 9.0/10
4. Mystic River 9.0/10
5. Changeling 8.5/10

I haven't seen his last two movies: Richard Jewell and The Mule.
mystic river was amazing, good shout, been long time since I saw it, should re-watch soon

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Yeah, have you seen the other I listed? Did you like them?
really ashamed to say that I have not. I know how popular million dollar baby and unforgiven are but had no luck so far and I should have seen them long ago. Will try my best to see them at first chance. But I also rate his acting a lot, he was ASTONISHING at the good the bad and the ugly

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
really ashamed to say that I have not. I know how popular million dollar baby and unforgiven are but had no luck so far and I should have seen them long ago. Will try my best to see them at first chance. But I also rate his acting a lot, he was ASTONISHING at the good the bad and the ugly

... 54 years on and it is still the best movie I have ever seen.

Also his character 'Blondie' is my alltime favourite movie character.Less is more dialogue was incredible.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Clint Eastwood is a legend. I just recently saw Mystic River for the first time. Not sure how I missed that one back in the day, it is excellent. I watched Escape From Alcatraz for the first time just a few months ago as well. Richard Jewell is going to be one of the next movies that I watch. The night I was going to go see it in the theater something else came up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts