Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've watched yesterday Richard Jewell, what a compelling story, great film and actors (both Paul Walter Hauser and Kathy Bates would have deserved the Oscar imo).

I like the fact that Clint Eastwood doesn't give a damn about political correctness, as a matter of fact the movie is about fbi and media shenanigans.

I'm always impressed by this 90yo director, honestly i can't remember a single film of him that i disliked.

Did you like Richard Jewell? And what are your favorite Clint Eastwood movies?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Did you like Hereafter? That was pretty bad.

Anyways, a great director most of the time. Unforgiven is my favorite

·
justice for all
16,244 Posts
I like Clint a lot. He's among my TOP5 maybe TOP3 directors of all time. His works are truly astonishing. He's hit 90 and has a mind as sharp as 25 years old. Amazing.

My personal TOP5 Clint's movies are:

1. Unforgiven 10/10 - absolute masterpiece, among TOP10 movies of all time for me
2. Million Dollar Baby 9.5/10
3. Gran Torino 9.0/10
4. Mystic River 9.0/10
5. Changeling 8.5/10

I haven't seen his last two movies: Richard Jewell and The Mule.

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
I like Clint a lot. He's among my TOP5 maybe TOP3 directors of all time. His works are truly astonishing. He's hit 90 and has a mind as sharp as 25 years old. Amazing.

My personal TOP5 Clint's movies are:

1. Unforgiven 10/10 - absolute masterpiece, among TOP10 movies of all time for me
2. Million Dollar Baby 9.5/10
3. Gran Torino 9.0/10
4. Mystic River 9.0/10
5. Changeling 8.5/10

I haven't seen his last two movies: Richard Jewell and The Mule.
mystic river was amazing, good shout, been long time since I saw it, should re-watch soon

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Yeah, have you seen the other I listed? Did you like them?
really ashamed to say that I have not. I know how popular million dollar baby and unforgiven are but had no luck so far and I should have seen them long ago. Will try my best to see them at first chance. But I also rate his acting a lot, he was ASTONISHING at the good the bad and the ugly

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
really ashamed to say that I have not. I know how popular million dollar baby and unforgiven are but had no luck so far and I should have seen them long ago. Will try my best to see them at first chance. But I also rate his acting a lot, he was ASTONISHING at the good the bad and the ugly

... 54 years on and it is still the best movie I have ever seen.

Also his character 'Blondie' is my alltime favourite movie character.Less is more dialogue was incredible.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Clint Eastwood is a legend. I just recently saw Mystic River for the first time. Not sure how I missed that one back in the day, it is excellent. I watched Escape From Alcatraz for the first time just a few months ago as well. Richard Jewell is going to be one of the next movies that I watch. The night I was going to go see it in the theater something else came up.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Watch High Plains Drifter if you haven't, very weird but pretty good.
Beat me to it! Awesome movie.

Also liked the 'The Outlaw Josey Whales', 'The Good the Bad and the Ugly', 'Joe Kidd', 'Pale Rider', 'Heartbreak Ridge', 'For a Few Dollars More', and most of the "Dirty Harry' movies.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I got around to watching Richard Jewell several weeks back. It was every bit as good as I expected it to be. Clint Eastwood is legendary as both an actor and a director. I need to make it a point to see more of his work though. Most of his work was done before my time so I have not seen the majority of it. I can remember some of the male teachers I had in school always talking about him. I've just recently made it a point to start catching up on things he has done, and I have not been disappointed.

For what it's worth, my favorite actor of all time is probably Paul Newman, and he also happens to be mostly before my time. Once I discovered him, I could not stop watching his movies. I have maybe about 5 or so more Newman movies that I want to see. I've already seen probably his top 15 or 20 movies, not sure the exact count. I feel like I'm going to end up on a Clint Eastwood binge the same way I did with Newman.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts